Thread: Basic Questions - diplomacy

Default Basic Questions - diplomacy

Hey guys, i started playing Medieval 2 mods again, chose Westeros and the Petty Kings submod as i like to start small and like the game to develop differently.
    But it seems i forgot almost anything about the game itself, especially diplomacy.

How do i get Alliances? I started playing stark, had war with two factions from start (seems to be set that way), then i did trade agreements with nights watch and house Umber, but of course after 25 turns both of them don't want an alliance with me at all but attack me.
    I can not get any alliances up, but everyone is attacking me.

=> How do i get alliances, good relations with others?

Default Re: Basic Questions - diplomacy

Pretty sure it depends on in-game reputation which you can find by hovering over your faction in the diplomacy tab. You can stop this from being so bad by not sacking every settlement you take which is what I usually do anyway, lol. Apart from that I have always found that AI will always attack on certain mods if you have weak borders, despite however good your relations with them are.

Default Re: Basic Questions - diplomacy

Quote Originally Posted by Shreklayers View Post
    Pretty sure it depends on in-game reputation which you can find by hovering over your faction in the diplomacy tab. You can stop this from being so bad by not sacking every settlement you take which is what I usually do anyway, lol. Apart from that I have always found that AI will always attack on certain mods if you have weak borders, despite however good your relations with them are.
    The diplomacy is the one thing that really pisses me off about total war games...! I would like to have real "buddies" to help out and get help from... But no can do...