Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: BoTET Technical Assistance

Default Re: BoTET Technical Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    Question in custom battle when ever i select a settleme t type the game crashes is this feature disables?
    You have to select fort, then the culture, then the settlement level.

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Thank you

I have a question, i have recently downloaded and am using the program called "Reshade", it really makes the game look a lot better, however when i try to play BOTET i have a crash before the map loads up, the log says that i have insufficient video memory. Does anybody know of a fix for this? It works fine with Third Age and SS as well as other mods.

System specs:
    R5 1600 @3.95GHZ
    16GB 3200MHZ RAM
    8GB ASUS ROG 1070TI

You have to follow the step 5 in the Moddb install instructions, if you don't follow that step crashs will occur ad eternum.
    By the way reshade don't cause any problem, everyone should try that for sure !
    Benfiquista Budista Comunista

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

SweetFX is known to cause problems, never heard of 'Reshade' being problematic.

After updating BOTET with the latest Discord patch, I can't select an Army if it's garrisoned in a fort of city. I have to click on the settlement/fort and click on every unit in the "army" tab in order to move them as an entire army. Once an army is not garrisoned, I can click on the flag and select it as an entire army and move it how I'd like. Is this a known bug/feature? Any suggestions?

Blog Entries

That's how it has always worked afaik - inside a fort or settlement\castle you need to select the units (hold Ctrl to click\select multiple units or press Ctlr+A to select all, Shift and click will select a whole range) and then give move orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    That's how it has always worked afaik - inside a fort or settlement\castle you need to select the units (hold Ctrl to click\select multiple units or press Ctlr+A to select all, Shift and click will select a whole range) and then give move orders.
    Wow. Just opened the vanilla Med 2 to test this. I was so rattled that I couldn't just click on the army and move it out of a garrisoned position. Strange how certain older mechanics are totally forgotten as time goes by. Thanks for the response!

Blog Entries

Hi!I don't see any faction symbol ( Wood Elves, Skaven or faction Caos - not Undivided ) during the "passage/transition turn" or in diplomacy page. Is it normal?
    Even the background are different for some faction....

Artifex

Hi!I don't see any faction symbol ( Wood Elves, Skaven or faction Caos - not Undivided ) during the "passage/transition turn" or in diplomacy page. Is it normal?
    Even the background are different for some faction....
    Yes it is, several factions have no factions symbols of their own (yet, I hope).

The Tomb Kings priests have vanilla portraits but in the portrait folder there is a folder called "priests" with Nekharan portraits which I guess is meant for them. How can I make the game use those portraits for the tomb King priests?
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Hi, i have installed your mod in my mod folder directory and renamed it as americas (changing the previous americas in americas 2). When i launch the game clicking on americas mod from steam interface launcher, it doesn t download the main page telling me that something went wrong and i haven t prevented the caos invasion... any idea about how could i solve this issue?

Blog Entries

Yup, that's a good way to mess things up. Check this tutorial: Creating a World - Starting Steam mods the easy way

ive found a couple of bugs, ive tried fixing them but cant figure it out, the farming knowledge trait tree doesnt give any 'governor influence', active builder doesnt reduce any squalor and the flayed hauberk (i think thats the one) doesnt reduce squalor either.
    Ive looked at the trait code and nothing is wrong with it, even copied and pasted the vanilla game code over the farming code, not a single change, while these things dont work, the population growth from chivalry shows up in the farming output as 'governor influence', not sure if thats normal or not.

can anyone help me with this?

another thing, does this mod have faction revival, like RotG does, if not, can someone tell me how to add the faction revival from RotG to this?

I tried this mod out recently and the graphics seemed grainy and bad compared to other mods ive tried on high quality. Does anyone have a fix for this issue?

Also, I was playing wood elves. Could you remove the spinning backwards flip animation the wood elf general does because it looks really cringey. Thanks

Hi I ran into a new issue. The music and speech suddenly sounds weird and loud when i started playing lizardmen on a lustria map, I don't know what I did.

Can someone help me resolve this?

Also, when I was playing wood elves and was besieging a settlement with 5 units, it suddenly spawned a full stack inside it upon ending the turn. Which is hard because I had no money and could just about raise one elf army stack. Why did it do that?

Why when I siege a settlement with a weaker stack the army in the settlement doesn't sally forth anymore like in base total war game?
    When the siege turns run out it just lets me take the settlement with no battle??

Hello great mod, but I'm playing the 1.5 beta as Lizardmen, and at turn 230 or so the game crashes after the end turn. All the factions move, minor factions too, and then, crash. I stopped all the buildings and unit training, but it still crashes. Would you like the save file to try to find the bug?

Hello everybody,

I got a crash everytime i launch a new game (campaign or battle).
    I got a Mac Steam version (the Feral' one). My vanilla game work fine (50h in main campaign without any problem).
    I install the mod and add the launch option ("--features.mod=mods/BOTET").
    My game start well, as i got the main menu, the campaign menu (where you choose your faction) or the custom battle menu (i see the factions, the units ...).
    But when i launch a new game, it crashed when the loading bar is full (so when i should go to the strategic map or the battle map) without any error message whatever faction i choose ...

I'm on MacBookPro, 8Go Memory. And with a fresh install of both vanilla and mod.

Thanks a lot for help. Good day to you.

RQ

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast