Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1600 Expanded Sub-Mod

Default Re: 1600 Expanded Sub-Mod

it would be possible to fix the bug that during the siege "appear" between defenders of soldiers from the 18th century?

You mean the armed citizenry?

yes

I guess, but I dont know. Might make it hard for city's to be defended since A.I tends to be dumb enough to leave them undefended most of the time. Although I feel like adding the garrison mod, but it might add in more 18th cenutury units though so it depends.

Looks like a new version of 1600 is going to come out. This'll mean that this mod might become outdated because of this. I recommend backing up your mod files withen your empire total war file and save it if you wish to continue playing this for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Juan Kenobi View Post
    Looks like a new version of 1600 is going to come out. This'll mean that this mod might become outdated because of this. I recommend backing up your mod files withen your empire total war file and save it if you wish to continue playing this for later.
    Will you update your mod after the new patch comes out?

Will try to, dont know if some of the files will work when the update comes around.

Alright some of the files still work alongside the new update. colmod still works too but it will remove all the new units added by the update sadly. I am working on a new version of the colmod as a patch so that it will not do that, but its gonna take time.

Glad to hear it, the new units for the update are welcome, but their are so many issues (the same ones that existed a year ago). Cost of recruitment and upkeep are way too much and have zero logic eg. Colonial Pikemen upkeep 180, other pikemen 450+ and the same stats!!!??? values for musket men all over the shop and is the range with militia firing twice the distance as regulars and so on.

I also think Englands Colonys should be removed at large..they were not developed enough at period to justify existence. No recruiting of musket men for England....except in the colony's !!!!! Icons not matching up or sticking when other units are selected..again this was all present a year ago.

The list goes on. Its difficult to know where to start, it seems the same as a year ago with added units.

I know how you feel man. I think I might be able to fix the colonies issue but I bet it might cause some crashing though. Will look into it myself

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    Glad to hear it, the new units for the update are welcome, but their are so many issues (the same ones that existed a year ago). Cost of recruitment and upkeep are way too much and have zero logic eg. Colonial Pikemen upkeep 180, other pikemen 450+ and the same stats!!!??? values for musket men all over the shop and is the range with militia firing twice the distance as regulars and so on.

I also think Englands Colonys should be removed at large..they were not developed enough at period to justify existence. No recruiting of musket men for England....except in the colony's !!!!! Icons not matching up or sticking when other units are selected..again this was all present a year ago.

The list goes on. Its difficult to know where to start, it seems the same as a year ago with added units.
    Regarding the vanilla mod, I'm going to start work on improving the stats for the units now.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Regarding the vanilla mod, I'm going to start work on improving the stats for the units now.
    first why do you and most other mod makers ignore me
    second the problem with upkeep for pikemen for all nation was bug since the first version that came out im suprised nobody havent reported them and fix them yet
    third i like that you mostly focus on europe warfare but some love to nativese americans would be good darthmod had none but it had submod who focused on small faction

but the mod to play as pirate or natives is minor faction revenge mod for the natives it added tech three warpath music units it added everything from warpath dlc to natives make them kinda playble but r eally fun
    also it made natives be able to build boats so get could take islands something you couldten do in warpath dlc
    you do the same add all warpath things to natives makes them build naval done

Alright I think I have finished now. Im gonna upload the new update soon alongside some fixes. My attempt at making the colonies limited to one region (Virginia) sadly failed as it would cause crashes.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Poacher886 View Post
    On playing some more, im really impressed here. I play with approx 300men units and the 30 unit mod, so big battles. I would leave cannons be, there are fine, Cavalry seems underpowered! the small units have little effect i find but are ok though. I love the close formations and the fact Pikes walk every where..well done. The battles on the whole are excellent.

Biggest Problem with ETW and this mod is the now ancient and lacklustre Campaign map.....SO wish we could import the models to the Atilla map, change the regions names and have a large map with lots of regions..

I know this was a while back, but how did you get 30 units in an army? The normal way that I do, just used ESF to modify it, always crashes this mod for some reason.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Horseman dragoon causing a crash in this release mode. Geronimo fix this problem. Cooperation is possible ??

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I will try to help but I need to know what the problem is. Crashes can sometimes be caused by mods with the identical table names running alongside each other. Other times it can be because of missing models or typing errors in DB entries. In the original Colonialism 1600AD I did a lot of testing and didn't find that problem. I will have a look at the 1600 Expanded Sub mod if you are unable to fix the issue yourself but I am going to give Obi space to try first as its his submod. If he needs my help I am here.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Problem solved with the dragoon Geronimo in February 2016 when he published a partial update. This fix may be applied to a verzion from Keombiho?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I will try to help but I need to know what the problem is. Crashes can sometimes be caused by mods with the identical table names running alongside each other. Other times it can be because of missing models or typing errors in DB entries. In the original Colonialism 1600AD I did a lot of testing and didn't find that problem. I will have a look at the 1600 Expanded Sub mod if you are unable to fix the issue yourself but I am going to give Obi space to try first as its his submod. If he needs my help I am here.
    Great!Will you update your mod and solve some problems?

Thank goodness for this submod. I was actually pretty disappointed when I installed 1600 AD and started it up. It wasn't at all what I expected after seeing Colonialism battles on YouTube.

madrush's Avatar Senator

um the download link is busted

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast