Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1600 Expanded Sub-Mod

Default 1600 Expanded Sub-Mod

Hey, how ya doing? If your like me, you love this mod that we like to call Colonialism 1600 AD. But there might be others out there that feel this mod needs something more to it eh? That is what I aim for this mod, to expand on the campaign and battles to make it more engaging and fun. This sub mod is just a collection of other mods made by the community which I felt would be great in 1600, and others I have made by myself. Here is a list of what to expect.

1. New units in custom and campaign

2. 300 - 500 men in a single unit meaning large scale battles are a certain

3. Added Visual mods (smoke, animations)

4. Changed the battle system to make battles more sensible as best as I can(Musketeers never ever like being charged at, Pikemen are shock resistant but when in a disorganized mess they are vulnerable, Cavalry can cause major damage in charges and cause instant routes but can die quickly do to their numbers)

5. Changed some campaign mechanics

6. Unlocked factions (Portugal, Italian States (Papal States), Savoy, Venice, Genoa, Louisiana, New Spain)

There are some known bugs which I wish for you to take notice

1. Some units like garrison infantry have the same vanilla models.

2. The battle system might be buggy, with cavalry probably very OP which I am currently look on fixing on balancing.

3. The mod might crash during large battles, so I recommend setting the unit numbers to medium or large, never ultra.

Default Re: 1600 Expanded Sub-Mod

Here is some images I took

Why have the Garrison units got the same models?, also what units have you added?.
    What campaign mechanics have been changed?, a little more detail and i might be interested...especially if you can find a mod that keeps the AI in any sort of formation and stops the Pikemen running / charging,..ever!

The garrison units are the same because they were meant for vanilla and not empire. I haven't really changed to many campaign mechanics other than making nations like Genoa and Venice playable. I feel like I should edit this post and rename this, cause I feel that this is a bit to vague for some people. This is more like a compilation of mods I found that I felt fit 1600 AD well

Have you added the Napoleon campaign map graphics mod?

Yea would be good to list the mods and a breif description of changes, however i do feel that its a good idea to make a all in one sub mod..of mods that suit.

I tried looking for the Napoleonic graphics mod but to no avail. The link for it died ;(

oh never mind they re uploaded it, its going in the mod now

oh never mind they re uploaded it, its going in the mod now

Let me know when you added it to your download link and i'll give your sub mod a try.

OK, i downloaded it anyway and added the Napoleon map graphics. Two things stop it from being great:

1. That darn ridiculous Indian music throughout.
    2. Cannon kill nothing with ball....like nothing? what is going on there!..it just passes straight through.

Dont know what to do about the music, but I could do something about the cannonballs. I like how they rip through the ranks personally but I do agree that they need more power for them to be more effective.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

we need arttilary and cannons units that is more powerfull and relastic to balanced by the huge units you did

Alright, Im gonna go and change the roundshot mechanics and remove some bugs for the next update. Adding in modmanager as well as it seems it might be needed with the amount of files im adding in too.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Looks interesting.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX4_...ature=youtu.be

Heres a vid for you guys. Dont worry, im still working on this. The roundshot bug is hard one to figure out to fix, thats for sure.

I dont remember there being an issue with cannon in any previous mod or incarnation, so not sure where this has come from.?

Also noticed the Naval warfare bug is still present..that being the Ships have such a high Hull rating that even a sloop v sloop battle is an 1 hour afair..with none sinking even after they both look like colanders!!!! it means all naval battles need to be auto resolved for sanity sake. The original values with perhaps +10% is more than enough.

On playing a little more im quite impressed with this actually.

Pike animations are great, and they dont seem to run anymore!! which is amazing!, Sounds smoke, blood are great, the pace is excellent, AI still gets a bit confused as to what it is doing but that was always the case. Cannons are not quite as bad as i first thought, but could still do with a slight tweek.

Issues for me are the Naval hull issue, and the cost of troops..I like the tiny costs as you can now have decent Armys, but all troops are so cheap know there is nothing to distinguish them, thus you always will have the best. I would have gone with 30 upkeep for Muskets, 40 for Pikes, and 10 for Militia.

On the whole though, its a great sub-mod so far.

Thanks man, great to see some feedback from you its really appreciated. I will work on upkeep and make it more reasonable. I can fix the naval hull bug but dont expect the roundshot issue to be fixed anytime soon. what I could do is make cannons strike more fear for the guys (morale) to make up for the inaccuracy and damage. I am also planning attempting to make a single cannon units that would be used to accompany the musketeers/pikemen.

Then i would leave cannons as is, there not as bad as i first thought, and better to not upset the balance with fear etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast