Thread: Cities rebelling leads to CTD

Default Cities rebelling leads to CTD

It seems like every time I deliberately let a city of mine fall into rebellion, it causes an auto CTD. I thought I remember hearing this was a problem back in vanilla RTW, but wasn't sure if that's something others are still encountering.

thoughts?

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Re: Cities rebelling leads to CTD

This does happen in vanilla but not FATW. We have a robust system for dealing with it (and indeed pioneered it) and I have never seen it in the mod.

The only caveat on that might be that Aradan didn't set it up for the formerly non-rebelling factions (Elves and Dwarves), which can now rebel of course. Which factions have you noticed this happen with?
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

It happened on both my Dwarven and Elven campaigns, perhaps not coincidentally.

Hm, but that's strange, since I believe Tulkas, playing as the Dwarves, had some rebellion (in a far northern Orc-hold) and didn't get a CTD. And I also had a CTD-free rebellion in a different Orc-hold when I was playing as the Dwarves just a few weeks ago.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Actually, now that you mention it, I did get a rebellion in that Orc-hold way north of Erebor, and did not CTD then, but it has happened every time that Belegant has tried to rebel. So, I dunno if it's tied to particular cities, or if my computer just gets choosy.

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

It happens under certain circumstances tied to buildings more often than not, so will not occur for all settlements. I'm sure webba can fix it
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

webba84's Avatar Artifex

I have set up the Elves and Dwarves correctly for the rebellion mechanic, so it shouldn't be a faction-related thing. Can you please post the savegame Highland Laddie? I'd like to see the exact circumstances.