Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keep getting sent to another site.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Keep getting sent to another site.

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    I've been constantly getting hit with these redirect sites on both my desktop and my mobile phone on a daily basis. It's a lot more ridiculous on my mobile phone. I keep downloading protection apps, but they do absolute nothing to minimize the "you have a virus" warning redirect sites.
    This stuff you can only really block by using an adblocker or a specially adapted host file that blocks unwanted pages by giving them a "fake" address like 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1. Those are solutions that are not that easy, or even possible to us on a phone though AFAIK.

This site is paid for by ads though, so the best option is probably what a few others already did, which is trying to identify the ad or page that annoys you and if at all possible, get their address and post that info here.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 30, 2016 at 07:15 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    I've been constantly getting hit with these redirect sites on both my desktop and my mobile phone on a daily basis. It's a lot more ridiculous on my mobile phone. I keep downloading protection apps, but they do absolute nothing to minimize the "you have a virus" warning redirect sites.
    Same thing on my computer. It also considerably slowed down performance to the point of freezing the screen (the constant Ad reloading). I fixed it, however, by switching to chrome from Safari on my macbook air. The reason why I switched to chrome is because it has better settings to protect against malicious sites and abusive flash plugins. Now I do not have any redirections or slowdowns. Maybe you could try that?

cfmonkey45's Avatar Praeses

Yeah, I keep getting ridirected to download malware from this website (and only this website).

I am currently facing a similar problem on Chrome though when I use IE they work perfectly. How can I correct this .

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Need the address of the page causing the problems.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2