Thread: Withdrawing from a battle kills my army, even when not surrounded and clearly able to escape.

Default Withdrawing from a battle kills my army, even when not surrounded and clearly able to escape.

When I press the withdraw button my entire army dies. All of it. Including the general. No skull icon. I am not surrounded, there is a clear path back to one of my controlled regions/settlements and yet it will not let me withdraw. I am forced to fight every battle. If this is a deliberate feature I highly suggest that it be removed or made optional as the AI appears to be able to retreat even when I block off all possible routes.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Re: Withdrawing from a battle kills my army, even when not surrounded and clearly able to escape.

There was no such change made by the RSIII mod, nor can any mod change that...it's hardcoded. And, the ability to withdraw or not is different for the player than it is for the AI, regardless of the skull. One difference is that even if it 'appears' your army can move a certain distance, your General may lose movement points during the battle to the point where he cannot move where you intend....thus, your army dies. You could try withdrawing a shorter distance.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Default Re: Withdrawing from a battle kills my army, even when not surrounded and clearly able to escape.

nono dvk, this happens when an enemy attacks you and you click for retreat, sometimes your army simply disappears completely : happened to me soooo many times and i actually think i raised this problem once or twice

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I see....but that doesn't change what I'm basically stating. The game itself decides whether an army can withdraw or not, based on movement points. I know it sucks, but this is an RTW issue...not something I could fix.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father