Thread: I know ... but it's as annoying as possible.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Icon8 I know ... but it's as annoying as possible.

There are some triggers than spawn some rebel armies and heroes ... i love the idea. But they are not applied correctly, they are just annoying.

1. You can't just spawn out of thin air 3 full stacks at my city
    2. You can't just spawn out of thin air 3 full stacks at my city and SIEGE me and FORCE ME to BATTLE in the SAME TURN when im not even in MY TURN !
    3. You can't just spawn out of thin air 3 full stacks at my city and SIEGE me and FORCE ME to BATTLE in the SAME TURN when im not even in MY TURN ! After i nearly got annihilated by another 4 full stacks of rebels that spawned and took 3 of my cities like 10 turns ago. Then i got attacked by 2 full stacks from Lithuania at the same time. I had to use add_money until i got out of my -120.000 debt.

Great mod, great idea, but as always, not much thought went into them. Don't spawn 3 stacks, spawn just one, don't siege and force to battle in the same turn, don't spawn on top of my settlement.

I'm having a hard time as it is because the game does not recognise my new capital and that script refuses to crown my king so im in permanent CIVIL WAR.

This is not a rage post, it's a frustrated post. Until and if somebody fixes this, i will use "auto_win" and "add_money" to defeat any magical armies that fall from the sky and use the cheat money to repair my buildings that get damaged by the magical army.

Spardan's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: I know ... but it's as annoying as possible.

I'm not expert but modded these games alot. You might want to take a look in files "campaing_scpirt.txt" and "descr_mercenaries.txt" files. It's pretty easy to modify them to your liking. And i'm also pretty sure that those are files that would do what you need =)

Path is something like this:
    (where ever you have your Medieval installed)\Medieval II Total War\mods\Ferrum_Aeternum\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

I have old disc version of kingdoms so if you have steam in not totally sure where the game is :o

these are bulgarian lands and they want them back!!!!surly the lithuanians are not scripted they just want those settlements too;what are you talking about not recognice new capital,the game can only recognice your original settlement(but yor factionleader will be crowned by words and then you got too crown him in your original capital that you can reconquer,i play this mod a lot of times and have no problems,your king schould fight in some of battles too.and only one army spawn,no challenge if only 1 bulgarian army is attacking.i schould give message sooner about the bulgarian rebellion ,but a rebellion is always a supprise.and you are panicking too soon,this game got some challenges,yes it has!
    first do some test campaigns too understand the playing more,this is not easy mod but it schould not be easy this is TOTAL WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have you put in the export_descr_charater_traits file on the last page of mine little sub mod page?and some rebelled general can become again loyal too your king.

you got just bad luck too conquer the wrong city ,surrounded by bulgarians who want the city back,but thats the last big bulgarian uprising their.

edit;and don't play with sicily,becausce they will have it even harder at some time(like in real history,they where terminated and replaced by another one),but you have always the change too reconquer your lost settlements,if you play it smart and don't panick.
    EDIT2;THE CROWN IS NOT A SURE THING TOO STOP YOUR CIVIL WAR,THE AUTHORITY IS.IF YOU HAVE A MESSAGE OF CIVIL WAR THEN YOUR KING GOT 8 OUR LESS THEN 8 AUTHORITY,LOOK THEN AT YOUR GENERALS AND FAMILY MEMBERS,THEY WILL SAY IF THEY OUR LOYAL OR NOT,SOME WILL CHANGE THEIR MIND.IF YOUR KING HAS NOT ENOUGH AUTHORITY THEN WIN SOME IN BATTLES,MAKE ALLIANCES,CONQUER MORE SETTLEMENTS ,ONCE YOU KNOWN HOW IT PLAYS THEN YOU KNOW HOW TOO DO THIS, THE HARDEST WAY IS THE BEGINNING OF EVERY CIVIL WAR,AFTER THAT IS GOES BETTER.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; September 06, 2016 at 11:25 AM.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Well "Stevie", i've been playing the mod all day. It's a great mod. I can't send my king to the original capital because it's Jerusalem ) I'm playing as Crusaders and i have abandoned the Middle East and moved to Romania ))) So i don't have any provinces there anymore, and even if i conquer Jerusalem back it's going to take me ~5 turns to send the king there and then bring him back to Romania )

So far i've been playing like 8-10 hours nonstop, i'm having non-stop civil war ) I'm trying to raise the Authority to +8 but my kings get traits that lower it. Im using my king for all battles and i still can't get 8+.

As soon as i see a general that wants to turn "rebel" i put him on a boat ) I have a boat with like 3 generals that want to rebel, i just abandoned them there to rot like the traitors they are )

Now im in year 1212, things are under control now, i have like 5.000 income, 5 provinces, a good standing army. It's ok now.

This is by far the best diplomacy in all the mods i've played. The enemy gives you tribute, accepts peace when he is defeated, etc. Very good diplomacy. After i called a crusade on Lithuania and exterminated their capital and another of their towns they accepted peace and gave me 20.000 monies ))) Revenge is sweet.

My first turns where a complete shock. I saved some money and moved to Romania and after i conquered a few provinces i got stomped by like 6 full stacks of rebels and Lithuanians until i reached -120.000 income. When i finally defeated them my entire army disappeared because of the debt and the Lithuanians where still attacking and i could not train any more troops so i knew it was game over and i started using add_money. It's just not fair.
    Last edited by dlcatalin; September 06, 2016 at 01:43 PM.

the rebelled generals who are not in a settlement,they will become in time(their is a change that they will choose too be obedient again,and some of them will)check them i don't known if it can be in a ship,if you stop the civil war then all your generals and family memebers will be neutral again,your faction heir will never become a rebel.their are some settlements when you conquer them you get a lot of cash for them mostly starting capitals of factions(kiev is one of them).when you are bankrupt mercenary units will be gone,but only your mercenary units and the order troops are mercenary troops,but your faction got manny faction units too.about the civil war look at mine submod page and one of the last post have a export_descr_character file,put this file in your mods\dsa\data folder and replace it with the old one it is savecompatible.you can build a hospital too preven t that your generals ore family member get a drinking problem and get lose of authority.look out for the criminals in yor settlements they can cost too authority minus,just put him out side the city and try again too control the criminals or put another general in that city.be a religious leader build religious buildings,recruit priest and you will get more authority,be a good commander factioleader and not a bad one and you will get more authority,and if you win more battles with your factionleader you can get more authority but it works not always,try too win more ones,but lose some and you can lose authority,you train your factionheir too as he will be the next factionleader.and if the pope comes from one of yor faction cardinals you will get more authority too.calling a crusade will cost you money,and some cardinal wants money too....

edit;the order troops can be used but after a crusade,they will go home,and then you got too train them and use them in battles but specially for the next crusade,when the crusade is over,you get a message that they will go home,other soldiers will be trained again and again.
    and you can put your rebelled generals in a fort too.

and the crusaders were fleeing too out of the holy lands,but you can change history,but it will not be easy.

edit2;i have put a new jukoman downloadlink that have all the newest files but this is not savecompatible and need a new game.

XXXXnormally if you lose all your settlements your faction will become a horde and you can still play further
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; September 06, 2016 at 03:18 PM.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Ah, ok. Now it all makes sense. If i knew all factions turn "horde" i would have not used cheats and let the rebels take all my settlements and beat them back after i go "horde" mode and not run into debt either. I had like 30.000 money saved and when i saw so many stacks at my town i invested all the money into recruiting units and mercenaries and i started having -9000 every turn.

Now i feel like starting a new game from the start and not using cheats.

Thx for explaining, +rep
    Last edited by dlcatalin; September 07, 2016 at 12:17 AM. Reason: +rep

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Problem again, i just took Kaffa or what it's called, the town in Crimea. As soon as i conquered it and clicked end turn, 3 full stacks of Kypcha fantasy army spawned again, besieged me and forced me to fight the battle in the same turn/same year/same month/same day/same minute/same second as i conquered the town.

No man, this needs fixing, give the player at least 1 freaking turn to refresh his army. My army is exhausted and decimated because i just besieged that town. It's unrealistic to believe an enemy i just exterminated can muster out of nowhere an army that big that fast. It's unrealistic to say the least. It should take time for them to muster a counter-attack, is unfair and unrealistic to drop out of the sky 3 full stacks.

I did NOT spend hours training my King to a decent authority level just to have him killed by 3 magical armies that spawn out of nowhere and force me to fight with a weakened army.

AND TO TOP IT OFF ! I did not use the "auto_win" cheat. I said to myself, ok, i can handle this, i can bottleneck them in the town and win. But guess what ????? IT DOES NOT WORK !!
    I went out with my cavalry and destroyed 2 of their trebuches and they where left with only one. It fired at my walls until it reached 90% damage then ran out of ammo. So the entire enemy army now sits and watches !!!!!!!!!!! I even oppened the gate and left it open and they STILL DO NOT ATTACK ! How the f em i supposed to win ? Go out in the field with 7 units vs 40 units ???????????????????

It appears there is no way but CHEATS to play after all ....

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

OK, i had it ... i finally managed to win and defeat those stacks in a fair fight. Trained another elite army, but next turn it turns rebel and i don't have money to train another one ...
    Im just going to delete all the scripts and everything .... i don't play this game to get angry.

well i understand this is just a little too hard for the normal player,these are just script for capital cities of ai,only one time they can attack them and call all their soldiers too attack their capital city,but you are wright they just come out of nothing,these where one of mine first scripts,but i will delete those onces,as now all factions can become horde our will rise again and so don't needed anymore,i will make some other scripts better too(only kara khitan can not rise again) i never had much feedback from people so i don't known if it is good or not,but i will delete some of them and make other better,but you can still play further and not get so angry lol as this is only a game and am still trying too make it better,and i will,but am only one person.

edit;i guess the rebelled elite army was without a general or without a family member,as this is always dangerous,they have a big change that they will rebel.

and mostly am a turtle player,so the things that happens too you,will mostly not happen too me,and i known what scripts are comming so i have a different vieuw then you so it's good you give feedback so i can make it better.

edit 2:but please if you can play further too see if their are no ctd's i mean if you not can play further as i am only at turn 99 and i will change some thing and now i can give all kings new battle_model and so can not play further and will delete some scrips and make some better.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; September 07, 2016 at 12:39 PM. Reason: m

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Well if you can delete this post it would be nice. And im going to make another post, with sugestions, a friendly post with only feedback. I deleted the entire campaign_script, it's empty now, i deleted "offends nobility" trait and other loyalty traits and im having the fun of my life, turns end in 5-10 seconds, no more tens of mesages spaming me that all factions are in bankrupt, no more surprise butt sex from spawning armies.

You had GREAT ideas, and your scrips and GREAT, but they need polishing because they are very frustrating. I will make another post with suggestions and if you can please delete this one.

i would if i could,i mean i have no authority too delete this post so if someone can i would be glad,and thank you for your feedback,it is very interesting