Thread: How to Get This Mod To Launch?!? I am insanely lost!

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Icon3 How to Get This Mod To Launch?!? I am insanely lost!

Hi, and thanks for giving your time to read and address my problem.

So I saw this mod and immediately fell in love with it. I desperately wanted to get it. I downloaded the full 2.3.6 version from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzL...ew?usp=sharing

This is what the first post on the main download page said I could do. So I did that and then extracted the mod into my Medieval II/mods folder. Now I'm trying to launch and it won't launch. I have a bunch of other mods and they work just fine...so what's up with this? Thanks.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Default Re: How to Get This Mod To Launch?!? I am insanely lost!

Ok im sorry I just installed this wrong...

Edit: no....I still installed it wrong. Can someone please help me? I am very lost. I have Windows 7
    Last edited by KmanBEAST; September 04, 2016 at 05:50 PM.

I couldn't launch it either after installing. I have Windows 10.
    So I tried the Windows Vista launcher in the main file.
    There you will get a menu that offers you all the campaign options ( 1,2,3,A,B, etc) and then loads (copies) the files for the campaign you want to play (takes a while).
    After that it starts the campaign and it works fine.
    I guess the main game menu has a bug. Not the game.

Hope it works for you.
    So use Vista launcher you find in the main MTW2 folder.

It's called "Conquest Vista" (a batch file)
    Last edited by William the Silent; September 05, 2016 at 04:24 AM.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    I couldn't launch it either after installing. I have Windows 10.
    So I tried the Windows Vista launcher in the main file.
    There you will get a menu that offers you all the campaign options ( 1,2,3,A,B, etc) and then loads (copies) the files for the campaign you want to play (takes a while).
    After that it starts the campaign and it works fine.
    I guess the main game menu has a bug. Not the game.

Hope it works for you.
    So use Vista launcher you find in the main MTW2 folder.

It's called "Conquest Vista" (a batch file)

It doesn't launch for me from there. I've tried downloading it in so many different ways, but I can't get it to work. I have Steam and Windows 7.

I cannot help more.
    Maybe there is help on other mod threads about how to install on steam.
    Nobody seems to be active here.

It's a good mod btw. I enjoy playing it. Many choices; good battle ai, quite a challenge on VH campaign level.

Quote Originally Posted by KmanBEAST View Post
    Hi, and thanks for giving your time to read and address my problem.

So I saw this mod and immediately fell in love with it. I desperately wanted to get it. I downloaded the full 2.3.6 version from here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzL...ew?usp=sharing

This is what the first post on the main download page said I could do. So I did that and then extracted the mod into my Medieval II/mods folder. Now I'm trying to launch and it won't launch. I have a bunch of other mods and they work just fine...so what's up with this? Thanks.

Hello, i don't know if you solved this yet. But i got mine working. At first i was so confused by the installation that it took me an hour or two and dozens of sites and forums to figure the whole thing out. So what you need to do first is extract all files into the game folder itself, NOT the mods folder. That was your first mistake. (Remember that the files INSIDE the conquest 2.3.6 folder is the files that should be transferred to the game folder not just the mod folder itself) Once the transfer is done, you follow what William the Silent said about opening the conquest VISTA.bat and selecting your desired era. Then you open the True Conquest.bat and play the game. Hope this helps.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by omerta0414 View Post
    Hello, i don't know if you solved this yet. But i got mine working. At first i was so confused by the installation that it took me an hour or two and dozens of sites and forums to figure the whole thing out. So what you need to do first is extract all files into the game folder itself, NOT the mods folder. That was your first mistake. (Remember that the files INSIDE the conquest 2.3.6 folder is the files that should be transferred to the game folder not just the mod folder itself) Once the transfer is done, you follow what William the Silent said about opening the conquest VISTA.bat and selecting your desired era. Then you open the True Conquest.bat and play the game. Hope this helps.
    Wait I kinda need help with something you said. I downloaded the 2.3.6 version (in one easy download) and extracted it to the steam/steam apps/common/med II folder. I did that and theres a conquest 2.3.6 folder inside the medieval II folder now. Now, what you said here confuses me:

(Remember that the files INSIDE the conquest 2.3.6 folder is the files that should be transferred to the game folder not just the mod folder itself)

what did you mean by that? Am i supposed to take something out of the conquest 2.3.6 folder and put it in the normal medieval II folder? explain please, im really bad with computers

if your using steam it may help to use squids launcher