Thread: [GS] Hotseats what's it about?

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros
    Gaming Emeritus

Default [GS] Hotseats what's it about?

Hotseats

As a solo player, you had it easy. You blitzed the AI. You turtled against the AI. You conquered your computer opponents in every conceivable fashion. When endless stacks marched against you, you directed your forces on the battlefield and personally left the ground littered with enemy corpses. You came, you played, you conquered.

Now, a new challenge awaits you.

Enter a world of chaos and intrigue, of wonder and death. Only the clever among you will survive here, in this tumultuous land where every decision could lead to glorious victory…or utter destruction. It is not enough to be a great tactician. You must learn every aspect of military strategy, from the grandest of concepts to the minutest of details. Armies must be moved wisely, agents trained and deployed, diplomacy carefully cultivated. Your economy must be a golden industry, driving your empire to impossible heights. Through it all, you test your mettle against living, breathing humans, opponents with their own dreams and ambitions. Do you hold to honor and expect your allies to do the same? Or are you a knife in the dark, plunging into the backs of those who least expect it?

The choices are yours. All you need to do is join. Join a Hotseat Campaign. Experience Total War at its most breathtaking, and embrace the intricacies which capture men’s souls…or drive them mad.

Your destiny awaits you. Do you have the courage to claim it?
    text by Joerock22

Introduction to Hotseating by SoulGamesInc

Want to join a hotseat?

You can post and state your interest in any newly started hotseat topic in one of the subforums: general, Westeros or TATW. Always remember to state as which faction you want to join.

Want to start a hotseat?
    Joining or starting a new hotseat

A list of open spots you will find in these topics:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-HotSeat-here! and http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...eat-Recruiting

Guides
    List of guides

Rules and regulations

Unlike the material that brings us all together, Total War Center forbids the use of Swearing and Offensive Language,
    Please report any Censor Bypassing or Insulting using the report button!

Read Total War Center’s Rules Here

Attachments
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We hereby request that you avoid using Total War Center’s Upload Attachment feature.
    Attachments contribute to the slow loading times which occasionally plague the site and hinder the imminent process of upgrading to vBulletin 4.
    Furthermore, this Hotseat subforum has (at last count) roughly 5000 attachments and so I'm appealing to you all to go to My Account > Attachments
    ...and then Delete as many Attachments as possible, particularly all those old hotseats which are long forgotten.

Alternate accounts

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    TWC has an established policy on the use of Alt Accounts, whilst not illegal or in contradiction of the T.O.S they pose a unique, ethical and difficult problem for the M2TW HS Community. TWC Gaming Staff have established a number of Alt accounts are at work within the WTW HS Community. We are not however in the business of naming and shaming or carrying out witch-hunts against the Alts, many are most likely family members sharing a computer some however may be attempts to gain an unfair advantage in HS.

I don't think I need to outline the potential, and I underline potential harm Alt accounts can do to a HS should they be established for the wrong reasons, what we are in the business of at TWC Gaming Staff is ensuring all HS are carried out in a fair and sporting environment. To that end after a discussion with my TWC Gaming Staff colleagues and the overall head of TWC Gaming Staff, my boss if you will, and established a few guidelines to prevent Alt Abuse without cracking out the burning stakes and pitchforks.

These are as follows:
    Alts accounts will be barred from participating in TWC Gaming Staff HS, only one account per IP address shall be allowed access.
    Only one account will be allowed per hotseat, if multiple accounts are found to particiapte in a hotseat, that will be regarded as account abuse and actions will be taken

We'll continue with our periodic sweeps for Alts. We're not here to stop family members playing but at the same time some of us have been playing HS along time and if you speak to some of the older salts around here, especially those with experience from the main area we can tell you of the damage that can be caused by Alt abuse either in manipulating HS or attempting to circumnavigate forum bans. Main thing is that collectively we are aware of this issue and be honest with each other so we may gain the maximum enjoyment from our HS.

Happy hotseating!

Last edited by Jadli; July 28, 2017 at 11:53 AM.