Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2.4.2 Patched Standalone is out!

Default Re: 2.4.2 Patched Standalone is out!

how do u install this on Steam? i have only downloaded this patch but when i run the game from steam it only gives me 4 options, vanilla and the 4 dlc for Kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Illidan1371 View Post
    how do u install this on Steam? i have only downloaded this patch but when i run the game from steam it only gives me 4 options, vanilla and the 4 dlc for Kingdom.
    After installing you can run it by starting bc_launch.bat from the folder you installed the mod in. You should have installed it in ...\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods

Thanks a lot for the new patch! Best Mod I ever played!

my years old mtw2 CDs got spoiled so I just purchased the game (including kingdoms) via steam again.
    I copied the mod in the folder above mentioned. When starting the *.bat it always said the kingdoms.exe is missing. I searched for it but there was none. So I simply made a copy of the medieval.exe, renamed it to kindoms.exe and - wow! - looks like it works.

I just once tested if a campaign starts (it does) so I dunno if with that trick it really comes to a stable game.
    So is there any experience or other trick?

Ba bč!
    It will work. No prob

Quote Originally Posted by freakazoid View Post
    Thanks a lot for the new patch! Best Mod I ever played!

my years old mtw2 CDs got spoiled so I just purchased the game (including kingdoms) via steam again.
    I copied the mod in the folder above mentioned. When starting the *.bat it always said the kingdoms.exe is missing. I searched for it but there was none. So I simply made a copy of the medieval.exe, renamed it to kindoms.exe and - wow! - looks like it works.

I just once tested if a campaign starts (it does) so I dunno if with that trick it really comes to a stable game.
    So is there any experience or other trick?

Sry, I still have some issue:

I am using resolution 1366x768 in my OS, and I can also select that res in the menue. But it doesn't work out. It looks like the non-widescreen is just dragged on. Any ideas how to fix it?

The Uyunids Bahrein faction units are awfully over powered !! need to adjust their units ... you can't play as Abassids or Oman sultanate

Miles

I apologize for being a little bit demanding but is it possible that version 2.4.2 could be released as a normal patch someday, I would be happy to just simply download this patch normally however since 2.4.2 is a standalone patch with a file size of 3.73 GB, downloading it would only bust my internet connection for several weeks.

delete
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; September 01, 2017 at 04:38 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123