Thread: Just can't get this mod to work anymore

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Default Just can't get this mod to work anymore

I have played this mod plenty of times before, but maybe it's a problem with Windows 10 because I can't for the life of me get this to work. It just crashes to desktop with 'Empire has stopped working' warning.

Everything is installed correctly, I have set the launcher to start the game automatically and I have tried launching manually. I have restarted steam and my pc. I have deleted the preferences.empire_script.exe. I have changed drives and uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.

Nothing works, what could be the problem.

Default Re: Just can't get this mod to work anymore

I get the feeling that it's a distinctly Win 10 problem, as I'm having the same issue and it didn't seem to be a problem until recently.

Vanders's Avatar Civis

Yes, there's really nothing else it could be at this stage.

Oh well. A combination of various extant Empire mods I have found seems to have gone some of the way in recreating the DarthMod feeling.

I have the problem too, with Win10 and Win8. I have deinstalled the game and all mods, and reinstalling. The DarthMod ETW does no run.

As I've installed the platinum patch 8.0.1 the system was giving the message a .dll (I think) is not up to date. This message I can't recreate by new installation. I've tried.

Ah, so it's not me then. I got hit with the itch to play and so installed the game, started fine but after installing DarthMod, it just kept crashing. I've tried for 3 hours of uninstalling and reinstalling the mod and the game several times in various combinations. Sad

As mentioned before I also believe the issue is with Windows 10. If you are running Windows 10 & have crashes I suggest you do the following:

Open the darthmod.exe file properties -> combability -> run on combability & select "Windows 7". I haven't tested running on other combability versions, but for me Windows 7 mode worked.
    It's important to note the issue is NOT with Empire:TW, but infact with DME. Run the MOD in combability mode.

GurneyMan's Avatar Civis

Just returned to playing the game. I've got Win 10 and it seems to be working fine at the moment.