Thread: Wrong leader dies?..rare bug?

Default Wrong leader dies?..rare bug?

Having a battle in west/east osgiliath against Mordor. Boromir leads the defense and Denethor and some archers reinforce from just outside of the western walls of the city. Late in the battle Boromir and Denethor charge the Orcs in a final hamer and anvil but in the charge Boromir falls. It as odd because he still had 30 men in his bodyguard. Thinking this was a rare disaster, I accepted it as the random fortunes of war and routed the rest of the Orcs who lost their own leader moments later. After the battle I noticed Denethor had no negative traits of depression and wondered if it was a bug that he fell and maybe the Orc leader fell and it was mistakenly credited to Boromir.

Later I sent Imrahil from Dol Amroth to defend the west of the city. He routed an Orc army from the East of the city and when they broke I took the option to end the battle. Then after chosing to ransom the prisoners, and then executing them because of their inability to pay, I received news after the battle the Imrahil suffered a Noble death. Now I know he didn't fall and only lost a couple knights in his bodyguard. This convinced me that something was amiss and I will restart the campaign and maybe run the cleaner.

If I am correct and this was a rare bug, what may have caused this? Wondering if something else running in the background messed up my campaign. I can accept leaders falling and like the random disasters that occur but I feel these were mistakes. Anybody encounter this?

Default Re: Wrong leader dies?..rare bug?

Post this in the submod's thread if it is a submod. Vanilla TATW doesn't have this stuff/bugs or a file cleaner that I know of so I assume it is a submod. As for whether something in the background is causing this, no, someone just messed up the code it sounds like. Scripts/traits I reckon.
    Last edited by alreadyded; August 31, 2016 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    Post this in the submod's thread if it is a submod. Vanilla TATW doesn't have this stuff/bugs or a file cleaner that I know of so I assume it is a submod. As for whether something in the background is causing this, no, someone just messed up the code it sounds like. Scripts/traits I reckon.
    Yes it was Mos 1.7 but I did not think that would matter. Anyhow once I rebooted and used the cleaner it does not seem to happen anymore. Might even be a corrupted save that I was playing off of. Play this long enough and some rare oddities occur.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

It does matter that you are playing a mod because this place is meant to be exclusively about vanilla TATW, may it be subjects to discuss, issues or anything other connected to TATW. When you play a submod for TATW all questions should be asked in the thread of that particular submod,

But this problem is solved and this thread is closed and it seems even alreadyded can guess wrong sometimes.
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 31, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze