Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: TTIP allegedly dead.

Default Re: TTIP allegedly dead.

Nobody is suggesting that "the global elite" are some kind of a shadowy circle orchestrating world events at their whim, but it is increasingly clear that the global elite are operating at a level far beyond democracy. That while they are living in a capitalist anarchy of their own, they will pool resources to achieve results that benefit their entire class. Is it a conspiracy to say that the majority of conglomerates fight for lower taxes and tariffs? Certainly not, and these capitalists have continually fought to erode trade barriers and taxations on their hoarded wealth. Thus, I find the term "globalist elite" perfectly fitting. As they are loyal to no nation and transcend traditional borders while becoming obscenely rich.

Quite frankly I'm amazed that the HSBC bank and its subsidiaries are still in business. With the amount of controversy and scandals it's been involved in it should've been dismantled and taken apart several times by now. Just goes to show how these "Very Important People" live in a world completely different from our own.

Tbh it's not even ''lower tariffs and taxes''. Those can be good. But tax havens? It's not just the tax dodging, but the massive money laundering that happens in those places. The money that goes to Isis, Al Qaeda or similar groups also goes through those places.
    Also, lowering food standards?

I fail to see how any of that can benefit the average dude.

If at the end of the day globalization is just some gigantic money laundering, tax evading, labor exploiting scheme, I want none of it.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; November 04, 2016 at 04:31 PM.

Lower food standards can mean more or cheaper food. Both things that can benefit the average joe. But cutting regulations and lower taxes are almost never done with the average joe in mind. It's just business trying to minimize their expenses.

Ideologically, I'm not against globalization provided it is done right. A social contract between the workers and employers is the basis of all business activity in this world. However, there is something wrong when business colludes with governments in racketeering the labor unions, knowingly destroying the environment, engaging in organized crime... There is absolutely no moral compass in these "structures" of multi-nationals and unfortunately we really do need a world policeman to regulate this . Unfortunately the current world police is bought.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Globalism much like Communism can never be done right. It's a utopia guarded by human greed.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; November 06, 2016 at 01:01 PM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

The economic system is totally unfair, I don't see much difference between the exploitation of the working class done by the small local companies or the big multinationals. I think that the small businessmen are even worst when it comes to the well being of their workers.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Globalism much like Communism can never be done right. It's a utopia guarded by human greed.
    After the economical colapse of communism in USSR (and now Venezuela) people want to pursue and try a new Utopia to fill in the Void. More quietly this time. The name of the new Utopia could be called "Globalism"?
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Important to distinguish between Globalism and Globalization. I think it's also important to contrast Globalism with other phenomena that had a world wide effect.

Export of Western culture. Hellenism and Romanization. Industrial revolution. Case study of Korea and Japan. I for one see nothing wrong with end goals of Globalism. I want everyone to have access to modern medicine, telecommunications, positive social contracts, and in general peace as we know it.

Globalization is the application of globalism.

The end goals seem decent on paper but they can be achieved without destroying our greatest strength - diversity. You mentioned Rome. It's the best example agaisnt it. While it had other cultures to learn and take idea from Rome was top dog. The moment it stopped encountering new cultures it entered a period of stagnation followed by swift decline.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyama View Post
    Important to distinguish between Globalism and Globalization. I think it's also important to contrast Globalism with other phenomena that had a world wide effect.
    I'd say Globalization is a sort of fate-esque deterministic phenomena, started on West in 1400s by the Portuguese and East similiar timeframe by the Chinese (but didn't expand as much)

Globalism is forcefully accelarating Globalization.

Problem is said involved Elites think they fully understand what Globalization means and implies. Nothing on Earth has only good things. There's a reason even the most basic balance sheet will have an Asset/Liability separation.
    Globalists seem to be so enamored with bigger Assets of globalization they almost believe the Liabilities to not exist or pretend so.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

TTIP indefinitely on hold since Trump's election.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...s-to-be-frozen
    TPP equally dead.
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/obama-ad...=djemalertNEWS

Oh God yes.

Thank you God for president Trump!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345