Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Request] 4TPY for RS III?

Default [Request] 4TPY for RS III?

For me one of the biggest parts of the total war experience was taking one general across the world and watching him conquer and grow from a nobody sent by the Senate to pacify a petty rebellion to Rome's mightiest leader. The problem is they all age too fast. Let's use Alexander as an example, I know he's something of a historical exception, but is one of if not the most renowned generals of antiquity. He conquered the entirety of Greece and the Persian Empire and got as far as India in the space of about 13 years and died at 32. That would be 26 turns in Rome Total War. I can't imagine conquering even just the Seleucids in that number of turns, certainly not before a general starts greying and especially not with just a small number of armies. So would it be possible to create a mod with more turns per year that also applied go generals for RS III or is there one already? Thanks.

Default Re: [Request] 4TPY for RS III?

Amen brother.
    GRANTO is working on it for his submod

Doesnt seem to been updated for 8 months, if fixed it will be great, missing a 4PT script for RS.31...

4TPY would be nice

Yes, yes it would

Working on it!

Well, since GRANTO is not done with his, you can use mine instead.

Is this for real? Does it work for RS 3.1?

I;m playing through a Rome campaign with Version 3.1 and it seems to be working. You can try it for yourself.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    Is this for real? Does it work for RS 3.1?
    Just tried it and it sure does laddie both, 1-turn & 0 turn, unpack, open unpacked, open RS3 folder then c&p into directory......savegame compatible to your 2tpy campaign if you have one on the go
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 11, 2018 at 02:44 AM. Reason: added info
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    Just tried it and it sure does laddie both, 1-turn & 0 turn, unpack, open unpacked, open RS3 folder then c&p into directory......savegame compatible to your 2tpy campaign if you have one on the go
    Wait.. Script changes are savegame compatible? I didn't know that.

I also started games with it and seems to work great! This is sensational, to say the least!!

However, I am also shocked that it could be SG-compatible but hey if Saul says so I believe him!

More testing surely to come, but for now, Immortal_hoplite is the man of the hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_hoplite View Post
    Wait.. Script changes are savegame compatible? I didn't know that.
    I put the 4tpy file in the RS 3.1 install I use for testing stuff and then I took the last save from my present Let's Play Pergamon 1-turn campaign and added it....vwalla!!! it works
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 11, 2018 at 05:39 AM. Reason: typo

It would be awesome if it is savegame compatible. I am also wondering about that though I'm in the middle of a Rome campaign. You guys let us know if it's all right, like no CTDs after several turns ?
    In any case, thanks a lot Immortal !

It does seem to work! 4TPY makes 1-turn campaigns really immersive now, but it's appealing for 0-turn too, because it makes characters really matter.

For example, now I can role-play as Hannibal and conquer the known world with him..!

For some reason I cannot rep Immortal but a huge thank you from me nonetheless
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; August 11, 2018 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    It does seem to work! 4TPY makes 1-turn campaigns really immersive now, but it's appealing for 0-turn too, because it makes characters really matter.

For example, now I can role-play as Hannibal and conquer the known world with him..!

For some reason I cannot rep Immortal but a huge thank you from me nonetheless
    And thank you for trying my submod!

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
    It would be awesome if it is savegame compatible. I am also wondering about that though I'm in the middle of a Rome campaign. You guys let us know if it's all right, like no CTDs after several turns ?
    In any case, thanks a lot Immortal !
    I'm at turn 20 and I have noticed no game breaking problems. I will say that the only "problem" I have encountered is that the imperium trait only takes one turn to remove as opposed to 2. I would like to fix this and potentially double other trait turn times to account for the increased time but I don't know how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_hoplite View Post
    I'm at turn 20 and I have noticed no game breaking problems.
    I am going to apply the 4tpy to my Let's Play and ofc I will accredit your work in the description
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 11, 2018 at 03:28 PM. Reason: typo

Well, I guess I shall try it out !

@Immortal_hoplite I've played around 60 turns of a Belgae campaign(1-TURN) with the 4tpy script and it works fine except I have a concern over an imbalance to the mod. I seem to have a lot more money than normal, the AI seems produce more armies than expected and don't you think maybe the build times should be increased? there's building costs as well, should some of these be increased too? then there's unit recruitment times, do they need to be changed in some cases? I appreciate this would mean much more work but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; August 13, 2018 at 06:20 PM. Reason: additional comment

Quote Originally Posted by Saul Tyre View Post
    @Immortal_hoplite I've played around 60 turns of a Belgae campaign(1-TURN) with the 4tpy script and it works fine except I have a concern over an imbalance to the mod. I seem to have a lot more money than normal, the AI seems produce more armies than expected and don't you think maybe the build times should be increased? there's building costs as well, should some of these be increased too? then there's unit recruitment times, do they need to be changed in some cases? I appreciate this would mean much more work but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from
    Hmm. That is an interesting and good point but I'm not sure where to start. Doubling build times and certain traits length shouldn't be too much of an issue but I am not sure how I should approach the economy ( I wish I could still talk to the devs who made RS3). I am considering looking at EB's 4 turn mod and seeing if I can make winter more limiting in terms of movement. Thanks for your input, @Saul Tyre!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast