Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Request] 4TPY for RS III?

Default Re: [Request] 4TPY for RS III?

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    OK, I can confirm the Sparta 4TPY script seems to be broken, too.. Maybe some of you guys can test it further to replicate what I'm getting... I've overwritten the files necessary and loaded my save, just as I have with my Roman save (works supremely). Now in my Spartan save the unit movement is as 4TPY but the year changes after 2 turns as usual I'll try the fix posted by OJ33DA but a revision is needed to this crafty, long-awaited and otherwise well-executed submod. Thanks again!

EDIT: It worked! Indeed the end_script line was there before 4tpy in background_script for Sparta. However, after removing it, activating script in-game and ending turns I still had 2tpy. It seems the whole semicolon section /;;;;/ had to be removed in order for the script to work as intended. It's probably self-explanatory for someone well into modding RTW but it's a much needed clarification for less experienced users. It would be nice if a simple text file check to be made and this easy fix applied to all 4TPY scripts where required. Immortal_hoplite, if you are busy maybe some of the others here can do it

By the way @OJ33DA, to edit your post like I'm doing now just click the "Edit Post" button just below your posts (where the Reply, Reply with quote etc. buttons are).
    Quote Originally Posted by OJ33DA View Post
    Soooo I took a look at the code for the "4tpy" for Dacia (which I can confirm works) and Syracuse (the one I was having trouble with) and there was an error with the coding for Syracuse. The "end_script" command was inputted before and after the lines of code for the "4tpy." I removed the "end_script" lines inputted before the code and now the Syracuse campaign works just fine. @Immortal_Hoplite and whoever is having trouble with the 4tpy script, take note of this issue.

Also, this script makes the campaign start in summer of 536 AUC which is inaccurate. I will be changing the code so that all campaigns start in winter.
    My apologies, I was sidetracked by other matters. However, I am thankful for you fixing this submod for me since I am only a novice modder and took this task upon myself since I enjoyed this mod so much and was saddened by the fact that nobody had made a 4tpy mod for RS3. I have incorporated some of your fixes in my most recent version of the submod though I still kept the same climate pattern. http://www.mediafire.com/file/yiinfh..._year_mk_4.zip

Someone who can upload this again? Would love playing RSIII with 4tpy.

People seem to write that it works. How is it with rectruitment, FM aging etc?

Regards

Sorry for the long delay. Try this post /#39/ and the link in it:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15680337

If that doesn't work I'll upload the file somewhere for you. (I hope that's ok with the mod's creator)
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; March 14, 2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    Sorry for the long delay. Try this post /#39/ and the link in it:...
    This is awesome! Been looking for a 4tpy fix since I got back into RS.

Does this work better with 0-turn or 1-turn recruitment?

I personally play 0-turn in RS, always. It seems logical that 4tpy is more suited to the slower, chilled out gameplay of 1-turn.
    A matter of personal preference. As it is, the submod only 'stretches' characters lifespan, since it also cuts down unit movement points appropriately. So let's say, Hannibal will not turn from 40 to 41 years in two turns game time, but will do so in 4 turns. Making roleplay and character development more meaningful. The building constructions time have not been altered, however. So a building that was meant to be built in 'one year' is now built in 'two season' of the year's four. Meaning also timeline-wise all factions will advance 'faster' that the intended pace. Again, if Rome used to become a powerhouse in let's say, 100 years game time, now it would seem these are cut down to 50 because of the 'fast progress' - the many buildings built in a 4tpy game year.

Bear in mind, I am not sure if this submod is savegame compatible, or bug-free. It seems to be, but playing my Roman campaign with 4tpy long into the game seems to have some freaky effects on traits /e.g. electing 5 consuls instead of 2/. I have not encountered anything game-breaking as of yet, but there definitely seem to be unexpected consequences from using 4tpy in a mod intented to be palyed in 2tpy. I am not sure if these effects will be present in a fresh savegame, I'm not starting another Rome campaign because of that.. Anyway, would be nice to have some feedback from anyone trying this submod, just to confirm or deny the Roman traits bug or maybe if other cultures' broken traits, too.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; March 16, 2019 at 01:59 PM.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@Octavious-Augustus I concur with most of your findings overall, but one other thing I found when playing my first 1-turn campaign(Gallaeci hard campaign difficulty) is my economy goes through the roof and my treasury gradually becomes enormous(approx 120 turns), now I know my financial control is good in the main as I improve my infrastructure and build my armies, but this seemed ridiculous so I tried another campaign as Dacia and the same happened, I found it made the game too easy with all this wealth, I've now gone back to 2tpy again and all is balanced how I like it hope you are well mate, good to know you are still around
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; March 16, 2019 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

so its only 4tpy, no balance of the campaign movement or financial balance? not gonna try it out then. wish i know how to make mods. a mod that reduces movement on the campaign i would enjoy.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@tungri_centurio try this recently released mod by Lanjane & crazyroman, 2 of my friends from the RTR8 Project Group https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...enistic-Legacy
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; June 11, 2019 at 12:24 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Immortal_Hoplite, can you give me access to your 4tpy-mod on mediafire? My name there is Jakob Dahl
    UPDATED: Upon seeing that this was in 2016 I just took the linked file in post 39
    Last edited by Jakoporeeno; September 14, 2019 at 03:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123