Thread: Protecting the little guys

Default Protecting the little guys

First of all great work so far!

I was curious as to how you plan to work garrisons, will you roughly follow vanilla or make them quite sturdy?

Also led me to thinking about some factions that may start with a disadvantage. Take Teutonic order for example (look brilliant btw!), they start with a single minor settlement as there capital, whats to stop that settlement from being quite quickly steamrolled by surrounding nations? I had a bit of a though following 'unique' settlement buildings only buildable by certain nations. Following on with the German guys instead of their capital having Small Village -> Village -> Small Town -> Town (or whatever, thats just a generic example) maybe for that one region and settlement alone have Teutonic Outpost -> Teutonic Garrison -> Teautonic Town -> Teutonic Headquarters. This also opens up the chance to create custom garrisons for this special building chain, meaning the little village at the top of the map could in theory be quite well defended.

What'd reckon? Curious to know what sort of plans you have to avoid steamrolling of single settlement factions!

"Rem tene; verba sequentur." - Grasp the subject, the words will follow.

Default Re: Protecting the little guys

I get what you're thinking about and I'm sure we will implement a solution to this. I mean it would be kinda weird if factions werde destroyed in the first few turns, who were small in 1212 and then powerhouses later on in reality.