Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Judex-Rex - The original thread

Default Re: Judex-Rex - The original thread

About skirmishers - The cavalry skirmish was better in the original game. my milites superventores shoot occasionally
    Ammo Refill - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...29&searchtext=
    Plumbat - OK
    Cloaks - is the cloaks are historical, but does not think that they were used in battle

The full version 1.0 - probably greatly reduce the sales of Warhammer and the next games of the series.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Sassanian and Aksumite roster coming soon?
    Not soon, they will be the last of the factions. Before them, the Germans, Sarmatians and only then they. For them, we need a lot of research to create a line of troops.
    There are some historical sources, which will help create a line of troops for the east?
    We have a bad history information for the east. The main historical sources only in Arabic probably.
    We need help with them!
    We need someone who knows Arabic!
    What historical sources need to be studied in order to create a line of troops?
    Can you tell me and come up with line of troops? I think - you are well versed in this ?!
    Last edited by grif; March 15, 2017 at 01:09 AM.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

kello
    About skirmishes - all right! We thought so! It's not even a cavalry, it's a trained militia of infantry, but on horses! In Chapter 3 - there will be a real cavalry. We think that the superventores is the infantry on horseback.

Ammo Refill - we thought about it. The idea is interesting, but other people are needed - to ensure the supply of ammunition. Without them - on the battlefield, it looks strange.

Ammo Refill - Right.
    Increase the number of arrows? End very quickly

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by grif View Post
    Not soon, they will be the last of the factions. Before them, the Germans, Sarmatians and only then they. For them, we need a lot of research to create a line of troops.
    There are some historical sources, which will help create a line of troops for the east?
    We have a bad history information for the east. The main historical sources only in Arabic probably.
    We need help with them!
    We need someone who knows Arabic!
    What historical sources need to be studied in order to create a line of troops?
    Can you tell me and come up with line of troops? I think - you are well versed in this ?!
    Well, the Sassies have tons of sources, that shouldn't be a problem. Aksum is more problematic tho, since way less sources and probalby also a more limited way of fighting. Basic weapons were probably spears and round hide shields. Here some images:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    Well, the Sassies have tons of sources, that shouldn't be a problem. Aksum is more problematic tho, since way less sources and probalby also a more limited way of fighting. Basic weapons were probably spears and round hide shields. Here some images:
    And Sassies is that? Nice drawings, there's information where they are and a description?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Sassies = Sasanids.

Pic 1) Aksumites on a graphic by Cosmas Indicopleustes
    Pic 2) Coptic textile depicting Persians fighting Aksumites
    Pic 3) Some Aksumite coin, IIRC from the 6th century
    Pic 4) Aksumite steles.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Thank.
    And there are sources that you can read? - analogs as these Lex Salica or Lex Visigothorum?

Campidoctor
    Civitate

I am not really fit in that type of sources. I can offer you secondary literature tho:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...DQ?usp=sharing

Protectores Domestici Equites will be replaced (ERE only).

Initial size of units in campain doesn't use settings from game. New recruited units have corrent size.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

LinusLinothorax
    Thank!

Protectores Domestici Equites will be replaced (ERE only).
    Yes, they were only in the east. By that time, the West had already disappeared.
    Do you think you need give upgrade - two empires?

Initial size of units in campain doesn't use settings from game. New recruited units have corrent size.
    What packs did you install? There are yet mods?

I have only 0judex_rex.pack and 0judex_rex_2.pack (0.2.4 - Fix).

Yes, they were only in the east. By that time, the West had already disappeared.
    Do you think you need give upgrade - two empires?
    I thought you had forgotten to remove the replacement of Eastern Heavy Cavalry Tactics. And I just post it as a bug report.

So this is the part of the mod? Are you really planning to make Excubitores as a new general guard for ERE?
    Last edited by CROWNROBIN; March 18, 2017 at 12:42 AM.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, if you select the Ultra size, then the error - the size of the available becomes the norm. Thanks for the information, we'll fix it.

So this is the part of the mod? Are you really planning to make Excubitores as a new general guard for ERE?
    Yes, there will be more units upgrade - Bucellarius
    You led me to the idea - need to upgrade the Excubitores to two empires!

This mod is my favourite for the Attila TW. I think that battles would be better if units don't die so quickly. Maybe submod for longer battles? Other thing that bother me is initial level of buildings for WRE ane ERE. Attila have very bad buildings system, but WRE and ERE should have at least one or two recruiting centers with building Castrum Comitatensis Legio (Sirmium and Antiochia). Romans don't forget how to recruit units and they dont need to invent tech for this. Best solution in mods for me is system in SOMNIVM APOSTATAE IVLIANI for Rome1. Palatina and comitetensis recruiting centers from start, but very high upkeep and poor economy for gameplay balance.

grif's Avatar Semisalis

I agree, we must give at least one building Castrum Comitatensis Legio for the faction.
    But Comitatensis and Palatina must be expensive. The player must recruit no more than 1-1.5 similar armies! The player must not fill all the armies with them.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

I agree, we must give at least one building Castrum Comitatensis Legio for the faction.
    But Comitatensis and Palatina must be expensive. The player must recruit no more than 1-1.5 similar armies! The player must not fill all the armies with them.
    Just got to sink my teeth into the mod and so far its great. Plays very well, I just unlocked Castrum Comitatensis and can only recruit one Comitatensis sword unit and same goes for my Limitanei counter parts. Was this intended or am I missing a key army building point? I feel that it is very hard to create a proper field army with one unit from each legion.

Love the work and obvious love, sweat and blood you all put into this mod. keep up the great work! Remember this is your baby and what ever you choose we will love it and play it!
    Last edited by legio_XX; March 21, 2017 at 08:36 PM.
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

grif's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks, nice words of support!

In mod there is a limit on the number of units. Units are recruited in a certain area - AOR. There are other units recruited in the Governor's Palace.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Ready AOR (Area Of Recruitment) for the mod, obtained on the basis of full investigation late-ancient document
    Notitia Dignitatum.
    The mod will be their 40: 26 pieces for the Roman "federates" and 14 for all the factions that will capture this area and will be able to hire local special units.
    ----
    Recruitment, military buildings
    Most units have a limit hiring! Without limiting only some "basic" units.
    Most units Milites (Militia) 0 level - are recruited in all cities with level 1.
    City Level 2
    Milites superventores
    Milites praeventores

Military Upgrades\Armourer
    Milites armigeri

Military Upgrades\Carpenter
    Milites balistarii

The remaining units are employed in two types of buildings:
    1. Military building - recruited groups of units: Basic, AOR
    Castra stativa - camp where the army spent more than one night
    ---
    Castrum Limitanei Legio
    Castrum Comitatensis Legio
    Castrum Palatina Legio
    ---
    Castrum Limitanei Vexillatio
    Castrum Comitatensis Vexillatio
    Castrum Palatina Vexillatio
    ---
    Castrum Limitanei Auxilium
    Castrum Comitatensis Auxilium
    Castrum Comitatensis Auxilium
    (Castrum - common in ancient times type of Roman military settlement)

2. Administration - recruited groups of units: Nominal (Only the capital!)
    Governor House - Limitanei
    Governor Estate - Comitatensis
    Governor Palace - Palatina
    Royal Court\Imperial Palace - Schola
    Last edited by grif; March 23, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

Hey there everyone, I like this mod, it's so freaking awesome! Just had a campaign as Lakhmids, it was very interesting, may I offer some ideas, if we are talking about Arabia and Sassies?

1. Add in Arabia Magna local traditions of 3 for Semitic Paganism, because it's non-historical (Vanilla historical inaccuracy). Right now, there are only Judaism, Christianity and Zoro, and Arabia Magna and especially the city of Yithrab were mostly Pagan. Also, Lakhmids and Ghassanids had many pagan chiefs (here's a source about Lakhmids:

http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/lakhmids It says: "In general, however, the Lakhmids remained strongly pagan almost to their end, even though their seat at Ḥira was a major center for Nestorian Christian piety and learning in central Iraq, with its population famed as the devotees (ʿebād) and with its bishop, many churches, and monasteries (Bosworth, pp. 598-99)."

2. Ghassanids were less "Eastern Christians" than their Lakhmids counterparts, and adhered more to Greek Christianity (it also reflects their swear of loyalty to ERE and the cold war between them and the Lakhmids, who were under Persian influences, 100 years later).

Wikipedia source:

"After originally settling in the Levant, the Ghassanids became a client state to the Eastern Roman Empire. The Romans found a powerful ally in the Ghassanids who acted as a buffer zone against the Lakhmids. In addition, as kings of their own people, they were also phylarchs, native rulers of client frontier states.[8][9] The capital was at Jabiyah in the Golan Heights. Geographically, it occupied much of the eastern Levant, and its authority extended via tribal alliances with other Azdi tribes all the way to the northern Hijaz as far south as Yathrib (Medina).[

Also: "The date of the migration to the Levant is unclear, but they are believed to have arrived in the region of Syria between 250-300 AD and later waves of migration circa 400 AD.[5] Their earliest appearance in records is dated to 473 AD, when their chief Amorkesos signed a treaty with the Eastern Roman Empire acknowledging their status as foederati controlling parts of Palestine. He apparently became Chalcedonian at this time. By the year 510, the Ghassanids were no longer Monophysite, but Chalcedonian.[7] They became the leading tribe among the Arab foederati, such as Banu Amela and Banu Judham."

Well, because in 367, we don't know the influence of monophysitism on the Ghassanids, perhaps Eastern Christianity can stay as state religion, but also have Greek Christianity presence in the region.

3. Make Ghassanids playable in a later version? Add unique start traits to Roxolanians (that will differ from Alans)? Add more playable nations in the future (I guess you already plan that)?

Again, Many thanks for making this mod!