Thread: Got a few problems...

Default Got a few problems...

So after going through a bit of uninstalling and reinstalling, I gave this mod a try. Loving it quite a bit, but I've ran into a few snags that really annoy me, and I'm wondering if I must've screwed something up somewhere, as I haven't seen anything mentioned like this on these forums so far.

First, the historical generals. Not only do their units recruit as "dragoons" with only nine men in them, but the generals themselves in the unit look like normal nameless officers. What very few actual general's bodyguard units I've seen are all apparently really nostalgic, as they're dressed up like general's bodyguards from about a century prior to the time period in which they're living.

Which leads to the second problem--AI in battle has these historical "dragoon" general units act like a combat unit. I cried when I saw Robert E. Lee, who was looking quite younger and far more generic by the by, fall prey to an sudden bout of madness in which he charged yards ahead of his own troops to bring the cold steel to the Union, nobly and stupid sacrificing his life. I assume the sudden change of personality came from the raw amount of new, younger-man testosterone pumping through his system as he suddenly aged down by twenty to thirty years, but it could just as easily be another glitch.

Third, whenever a unit, be they on horseback or foot, so much as touches a garrison-capable building, the game for some odd reason assumes that I want them to go into that building and occupy it, and stay there even when I try to order them to do otherwise. Sometimes I can get them to come out...so long as it's not dragoons. The dragoons and their horses pile into the building, and stay there, unable to be moved, and act like AI-controlled allied troops.

Did I screw up the installation somehow? I followed the instructions, but these few issues are really killing the immersion, and thus the enjoyment of the game so far.

Anyone got any advice?

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Got a few problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivellios View Post
    but the generals themselves in the unit look like normal nameless officers. What very few actual general's bodyguard units I've seen are all apparently really nostalgic, as they're dressed up like general's bodyguards from about a century prior to the time period in which they're living.

Did I screw up the installation somehow? I followed the instructions, but these few issues are really killing the immersion, and thus the enjoyment of the game so far.
    You must have. The historic generals in v3.6.2 look like their actual selves, with correct beards, cigars, fancy hats and uniforms, and their bodyguard units look like the period correct officers. If you're seeing 18th century units, the installation is definitely not of v3.6.2 (http://www.moddb.com/mods/american-c...-brothers-v362)

Last edited by Trig; August 26, 2016 at 04:51 PM.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Default Re: Got a few problems...

Figured out what went wrong! I thought I had Zone of Recruitment checked when in fact I didn't! Yes, I know, stupid of me. Thanks for the advice either way!