Thread: Hello! how to add models(new unit) from different mods?

Default Hello! how to add models(new unit) from different mods?

Like me, i want to transport the Chinese unit from a Ming mod to another great mod;
    no matter how i tried, the mod doesn't show them at all!

Default Re: Hello! how to add models(new unit) from different mods?

Hi! I think I can help you with that problem.
    Step 1. use Pack File manager 1.9.9 and unpack the models pack that contains the unit model you want to use to
    replace the model in ETW.
    Step 2. Make a new folder on your desktop or where ever you choose and copy and paste the four mesh files plus
    the 3 texture files in the new folder.
    Step 3. Using mm 1.9.9, go to your ETW / data folder and open up your models pack file. Find the name
    of the model you want to replace and write down the name of the file for example, euro_line_infantry.
    Step 4. Go to your new folder with the model and textures you want to use and rename them euro_line_infantry.
    Step 5. Place your new folder in your ETW / data folder. Use mm 1.9.9 to navigate to your ETW / data folder
    and open your models pack file. Scroll down to the bottom of the list to unitmodels and open , then scroll down
    and find euro_line_infantry meshes 1 threw 4.
    Step 6. Place your cursor on euro_line_infantry_lod1_variant_weighted_mesh and right click to open up a drop down list
    scroll down to where it says replace file and click on it. It will navigate you to your ETW / data folder where your new file with the models and texture are that you want to use. Open the folder and click on the euro_line_infantry_lod1_variant_weighted_mesh and click ok at the right bottom of the screen.
    clicking ok will send you back to the mm. When you click on the next file to replace the 1st file will turn red Repeat this process on 2,3, and 4 meshes.
    Step 7. Now open up the ui folder just above the unitmodels folder and find your 3 euro_line_infantry textures and repeate the process in step 6. Once you have replaced the last file, go back and make sure every thing is right. If you are sure, then click on the X at the upper right part of the screen, a box will open asking you if you want to save your work. click yes. Depending on the speed of your computer it can take anywhere from 3 to 7 minutes for the
    click on the x at the upper right of the screen.
    A box will open up asking you if you want to save or not. Before you click save, make sure everything is ok.
    Click save and depending on the speed of your computer it will take 3 to 7 minutes for the PFM to finish. While
    its working it mite say not responding across the top of the screen. This is normal.
    Once the PFM is done, you should have a new model in the game.