Thread: Where do I find information about when a unit becomes available?

Default Where do I find information about when a unit becomes available?

Hi!
    I've been wondering lately in which file I can find information about a date (or an event) after which a unit becomes available?
    Fo example playing as Poland you do not have access to Polish Knights at the beginning of the early era campagin and then suddenly they become available. Same thing happens with mercenaries (for example Mercenary German Knights). I've also heard that some gunpowder units are becoming available to different factions at different time in the game. What I want to know is where exactly in the SS files I can find information about the moment they become available

Default Re: Where do I find information about when a unit becomes available?

The files you need to check:

Regular Units

...\mods\SS6.3\data\export_descr_buildings.txt

For each recruitment building you will see entries like:

Code:
    recruit_pool "Imperial Knights"  1   0.1   1  0  requires factions {  hre, } and event_counter FULL_PLATE_ARMOR 1 and not event_counter  GOTHIC_ARMOR 1
    That means Imperial Knights are available after the "full plate armor" event until the "gothic armour" event.

Mercenaries

...\mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_mercenaries.txt

For each region you will see entries like:

Code:
    unit Mercenary German Knights        exp 1 cost 895 replenish 0.04 - 0.13 max 2 initial 1 start_year 1380 religions { catholic orthodox }
    That means Mercenary German Knights are available in that region after 1380 only for catholic factions.

If you want to know after how many years events are triggered, open ...\mods\SS6.3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_events.txt

Awesome! Thank you very much for your help and detailed information!