0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Champions League/Europa League 2016/17

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Champions League/Europa League 2016/17

Referee might as well wore a barca shirt

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

This was a greater humiliation than what happened to Arsenal. PSG should issue an official apology to their fans for sucking so much. Take the match seriously, or you will be punished, like today PSG was. Football has its own sort of justice. The penalties were weird, but Barcelona deserved this win.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

The defending at the 2-0 was absolutely disgraceful, that was some Sunday League quality.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Macunaíma View Post
    This was a greater humiliation than what happened to Arsenal. PSG should issue an official apology to their fans for sucking so much. Take the match seriously, or you will be punished, like today PSG was. Football has its own sort of justice. The penalties were weird, but Barcelona deserved this win.
    They set out to lose, didn't field attacking players at first, threw away the chance to go 3-2, tried their best to make Suárez's dives look credible, didn't defend at all. Disgusting.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

The second penalty was a dive, but the first was legit. The defender literary dived head on into Neymar's legs! It may not have been intentional, but it was a clear foul. The second one though... When I first saw it it looked like a foul, but in slow motion you can see he doesn't even touch Suarez. Suarez could've been sent off for the second dive. However, I don't think PSG can blame it on the ref. Emery tactically benched his best player, Barca played without full backs and PSG didn't try to exploit that once in the first half, they missed three one on one chances with the keeper and even when they were defending they were horrible at it. You can blame the ref for one goal. The other 5 are on PSG.

edit: I watched it again. Suarez actually got kicked in the calf. He exaggerated with the throat holding and flailing arms, but it was a foul because a kick like that is enough to lose your balance and be unable to shoot the ball. So penalty is the correct call.
    Last edited by Gallus; March 09, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

I watched it again. Suarez actually got kicked in the calf. He exaggerated with the throat holding and flailing arms, but it was a foul because a kick like that is enough to lose your balance and be unable to shoot the ball. So penalty is the correct call.
    Yep i think so too.

Honestly i just found odd seeing Di Maria on the bench.

Leicester!!!

(and Juve!, but that one was a given already)
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!

What do you think of the red card in the Juventus vs Porto match?

It was stupid, But not realy a suprise, given it was Maxi..... In the first leg, however while i think Telles was not smart, the ref was overzelous imo.
    But not much to say on this late match. Maxi did what he did... it was obvious, it was second yelow card.

At anycase im happy Porto at least played good enough football, against a giant, It aint Easy to play in Turin.

Spirits are still high, also nice fair play at the end of the match between juve and Porto suporters.

Anyway Great Monaco.... again and again Guardiola proves at least to me, he is quite overated.

Congrats to leonardo jardim, wich has been making a great work in Monaco, and most of the time, not in the best conditions. But he is doing a great season.
    And Mbappe Lottin the new Henry??!!
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; March 15, 2017 at 04:59 PM.

So, Barca-Juventus and Bayern-Real are the anticipated semifinals.

Dortmund-Monaco is probably worth watching because they both score a lot.

That leaves us with Leicester-Atlético as the match of the week.

Btw, according to my empiric prediction methods developed over the last decade or so, since Real Madrid are being made to face a team that is actually up to their standards before the final itself, they're not UEFA's preferred champions this time around.
    СИНДИКАТ!

Europa League has some nice fixtures as well, winner of Celta - Genk is probably everyone else's favourite semifinal opponent.

Well, that was some awful refereeing in the Real-Bayern match, dubious penalty, several awful offside calls (Lewandowski 1 on 1 at 0-1 and Ronaldo's second and third goal), Casemiro not sent off and Vidal was (Vidal being Vidal he could have been sent off earlier but you can't give a yellow for that tackle).

Vidal's second yellow wasn't even a foul. And so Real Madrid wins yet another match with the referee's help. If they win again this year I'm done with this stupid tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva ★ View Post
    That leaves us with Leicester-Atlético as the match of the week.

Btw, according to my empiric prediction methods developed over the last decade or so, since Real Madrid are being made to face a team that is actually up to their standards before the final itself, they're not UEFA's preferred champions this time around.
    OTOH after Blatter FIFA cannot digitate UEFA's tournament winners anymore - what's sad, really, is the press, they relegate the fact that Real Madrid were trailing until they were given two offside goals to the sideline. I'm not watching any match in this edition of the CL, there's been too many matches with this type of refereeing.

(same for Dortmund who were forced to play less than a day after they suffered a bombing and then Monaco opened the score with, again, an offside goal)

Juventus should be careful tomorrow not to receive the same type of refereeing as PSG did.
    СИНДИКАТ!

One thing I liked about this match: Marcelo. Dude was a monster, best on the field without a doubt. I hope he repeats this sort of performance for Brazil.

Meanwhile, Cristiano Ronaldo is the luckiest bastard I've ever seen. Even when he does nothing the whole game he still scores 3 goals (2 of them offsides, but still...).

That's not luck. That's either incompetence or match-fixing, and either way FIFA should allow for matches to be replayed, otherwise Real Madrid will continue to game the system and set a bad example for everyone, because the only sin is failure.
    СИНДИКАТ!

The dominance of Spanish teams in the champions league is getting boring.

And Barcelona is eliminated in a disappointing match. Hope they get it together next year, and do something about the 2 thirds of their team that are not forwards.

Barcelona not scoring at Camp Nou is an impressive feat. It happens like once every 3 years or so.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast