0 0%
  • Lyon

0 0%
  • Dinamo Zagreb

0 0%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Champions League/Europa League 2016/17

Default Re: Champions League/Europa League 2016/17

On a Bright side Monaco is looking good and my favorite team of the lot, this year.

That's not luck. That's either incompetence or match-fixing
    Or he knows how to escape its defenders...
    Im still in awe that by now, after all this years, there is people still suprised at Ronaldo for apearing in the right spot, at the right time.

Off-side or not, (that is the referee fault).

At anycase even with a bad referee, Real deserved to pass imo.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 20, 2017 at 04:57 PM.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Im still in awe that by now, after all this years, there is people still suprised at Ronaldo for apearing in the right spot, at the right time.

If he is in offside position he is not in the right spot at the right time, he is in that spot too early. A linesman not noticing doesn't make it a good move, just a bad move that went unnoticed.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

No, come on, the whole point of having an offside rule is that there is a right place and a wrong place and Cristiano Ronaldo* was in the wrong place both times but was waved through by officials who are evidently biased by now.

*Ronaldo as a mononym only features the great one.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

You guys are nitpicking now for the sake of your arguments..... the whole point is, he doesnt do this by luck, as you lot were implying. It isnt luck that he scored 5 goals against Bayern in two matches... even if 2 of them were off side admitadely.

His goals were clean in the first leg, and at least one goal was clean now in the second match. I have doubts on the third however... we dont have suficient images, to know for sure, if he is off side or not.
    In his second goal he was indeed off side though.

Look i understand you dont like him. I myself im not a big fan of his personality, i think he is quite a bimbo too (like manny of them to be honest).
    That said he is a hell of a player, and especialy a legendary finisher by now.

To say he does this kind of thing by luck, is to show ignorance of football imo.

Juventus took 0 goals from Messi/Suarez/Neymar in 2 matches.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

At anycase even with a bad referee, Real deserved to pass imo.
    Escaping defenders when you are a full meter offside is not that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    Escaping defenders when you are a full meter offside is not that difficult.
    Already responded to the argument....

Juventus took 0 goals from Messi/Suarez/Neymar in 2 matches.
    Juventus is going to win this.

Between Juve or Monaco im ok with that. Too bad only one of them can go to the final.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; April 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

To say he does this kind of thing by luck, is to show ignorance of football imo.
    Frankly, I do not think it is coincidence that Real Madrid are given these offside goals as a matter of routine. It's matchfixing, pure and simple. Outright cheating, and Cristiano Ronaldo is, simply, a cheat. I do not dispute his talent. I do say that the rules were applied only in his team's favour. If you tell the defenders that they should leave him in an offside position and then not enforce that then it's the same as police telling you that they're there to catch thieves and later letting get away in your face. The match was a complete disgrace and should have been replayed. Again, I'm not disputing his footballing talent and I never have, so stop saying I do.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Treva ★ View Post
    Frankly, I do not think it is coincidence that Real Madrid are given these offside goals as a matter of routine. It's matchfixing, pure and simple. Outright cheating, and Cristiano Ronaldo is, simply, a cheat. I do not dispute his talent. I do say that the rules were applied only in his team's favour. If you tell the defenders that they should leave him in an offside position and then not enforce that then it's the same as police telling you that they're there to catch thieves and later letting get away in your face. The match was a complete disgrace and should have been replayed. Again, I'm not disputing his footballing talent and I never have, so stop saying I do.
    Excuse why is he a cheat? are you refering to his play, or this match where the referre was horrible? i dont tag Cristiano usual play has cheating to be honest.
    And i mean usualy.

.... And from my count, the referre was horrible to both sides.... Vidal could have been sent off much earlier... for instance.

The thing is even with this situation in the end of the day, i think Real was a better team then bayern imo.

Lets see right now, what Atletico does.

Btw Marcelo is in a great form this season.

PS: And there it is!! CR7 scores again... and again.. and again...

Atletico played like ...
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; May 02, 2017 at 03:43 PM.

Ajax - Lyon is a great match, 4-1 at the moment but it could have easily been 8-3 at this point.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Not a great team from Monaco tonight.

Juve is playing with a great tactical knowledge and routine on top of that they are very experienced. It would take a miracle for them to miss the final. IMO.

0 goals taken in 4 games against the most prolific teams of Spain and France.

Knowing how football is and the ball is round, they either take 3 slaps from Real Madrid or win clean as the other games.

edit: nvm that Monaco scored
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 09, 2017 at 03:17 PM.

0 goals taken in 4 games against the most prolific teams of Spain and France.
    Hum i dont know "Barca" this season is underperforming a lot in comparison to past seasons anyway. Now recently has improved a bit.

Knowing how football is and the ball is round, they either take 3 slaps from Real Madrid or win clean as the other games.

edit: nvm that Monaco scored
    Yeah Real is on a Roll in the CL... But then again Juve is also on a nice roll.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Hope to god Real don't win again, would be boring.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

AJAAAAAX!

All right, I got carried away. Still... AJAAAAAAX! One match away from the final after 20 years!!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Pretty close in both games.

But we will have Man Utd and Ajax final.

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

Pretty close? That's an understatement, I'm still shaking. Bailly being out makes things a lot harder now too.
    Last edited by Dude with the Food; May 11, 2017 at 04:32 PM.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

AJAX DID IT!!!!
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Ajax made it far too difficult on themselves. They were the better team in the first half, neither team was great though, and had plenty of opportunities to score more. An equally soft as dumb penalty and some horrible defending, within a minute of eachother and seconds before half time, meant that they were trailing though. Second half was even worse from both sides, Lyon pressing but fairly impotent for most of the game, they get another somewhat lucky goal with ten minutes to go and a few minutes later Ajax are a man down so the last few minutes were hectic. Disappointing game from the forwards and the wing backs in particular, the others did fairly well. Younes and Traore bottled so many opportunities and Dolberg wasn't on the top of his game either. One the other hand the centre backs and Onana played a good game.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast