Thread: Unit Making

Default Unit Making

Im making some more units for the silvan elves as i think that they have the least amount of variety in their units so i am trying to make longbow equivalents of all the archer types and I've successfully done it but whenever i go into a custom battle it does not come up with the name i have provided. I was wondering where the in game names and descriptions are located for units. i would also like to make some more cavalry and infantry but in slightly different colours as in the late game the armys tend to just be gold with the occasional silver which is strange seeing that they live in a forest so they would have green and brown armour more realistically but i have no idea how to change the units colours. if you can help with any of the above points it would be much appreciated!

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Unit Making

The unit names and descriptions are in Third_Age_3/data/text/export_units.Try to delete export_units.txt.strings when you edit the export_units file.The game will regenerate it by itself.
    As for the armours,you will need to edit the textures of the units.But that's not my field of expertise,so I can't help you with that.

For editing textures you need to convert .texture files into something that can be opened in Photoshop or GIMP, I use DXTBmp and convert it into .tga format. Then you edit the texture and make the changes to texture assignment in MS3D if necessary (in case you edited the model). After that you convert .tga back to .texture using the same program and replace the original texture, and remember to always make a backup in case something goes wrong. Note that this is my way of making textures, others might use different programs or methods.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Visit the Mod Workshop, there'll be tutorials to follow: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-and-Resources

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory