Thread: Recruitment

Default Recruitment

Ok, so this is something that always annoyed me on SS, why is the recruitment pool so slow? I mean, I'm not using Real Recruitment, it is disabled, but nevertheless, I can recruit only ONE SPEARMEN unit, as an example, EACH 6 TURNS! And that is a lousy start game spearmen, if you consider top units they can take up to 15 TURNS!

I want to reduce the time of this overall, not just go building by building and unit by unit.

How can I do this?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Default Re: Recruitment

I haven't played the original SS for a long time but that amount of turns seems high. Are you using a submod?

Anyway, to answer to your question, check this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13442208
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I haven't played the original SS for a long time but that amount of turns seems high. Are you using a submod?

Anyway, to answer to your question, check this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13442208
    No, no submod. I'm considering getting the weakened heretics, as it is vital, SS exaggerates too much in the strength of heretics for some reason.

Blog Entries

OK. The post I've linked should help you to modify that recruitment delay
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

OK. The post I've linked should help you to modify that recruitment delay
    But that only teaches me to change per unit and building, for factions. That will take a colossal work to change manually one by one. Is there any way to change it over all?

Take a look at these screenshots I took:

That's the standard 6.3 recruitment times. Wall upgrades will speed up knights and better barracks will speed up spearmen. You're supposed to mix in militia early game then integrate better troops as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by StrategEyes View Post
    That's the standard 6.3 recruitment times. Wall upgrades will speed up knights and better barracks will speed up spearmen. You're supposed to mix in militia early game then integrate better troops as you go.
    But I'm playing 6.4.

Blog Entries

Same principle between SS6.3 and SS6.4.

In the bmdb file, there's one value by unit line that you need to change to speed up the replenish time. I don't know any tool that can help you to speed up the process.

What is bmdb file? Is that the one from the thread you sent me? Could you check there, I asked something there.

Blog Entries

Sorry for my mistake. I was meaning EDB (export_descr_building.txt)

Gigantus has replied to you already if you haven't noticed it

Sorry for my mistake. I was meaning EDB (export_descr_building.txt)

Gigantus has replied to you already if you haven't noticed it
    Yep, I noticed as soon as I posted this here lol.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk