Thread: ETW modding dead?

ACMilan88's Avatar Semisalis

Default ETW modding dead?

I remember i used to play this game for years and years with a mixure of different mods. I'm the kinda guy who likes the historical accurate side of the modding comunity. However of all the mods i tried (uncluding some i have worked on myself) there was never a historicaly accurate mod for ETW that affected all factions. I tried to archive this but it was to much for 1 guy as we all have a life beyond the internet. This was always the downside for me.

Is there anny mod that archived this?

Also, are there still people modding ETW or is the ETW modding comunity dead?

Peace

//ACMilan
    Last edited by ACMilan88; August 19, 2016 at 05:20 PM.

Default Re: ETW modding dead?

There are literally pages updated daily (and hidden dev team pages). How is ETW modding dead? Also try this. But yes, people have lives, but this doesnt stop the really committed ones from achieving their goal.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I can see how you would wonder if ETW modding is dead. Many modders have moved on to newer games or other things, some older mods no longer have working download links and some 'hosted' mods are no longer actively hosted. As Sirloin said, ETW modding is still being done. Of the Hosted Mods, I believe that work is still being done (or was being done within the last year) on Colonialism 1600AD, Imperial Destroyer, Imperial Splendour, Empire Realism and Bethencourt's 1800. Bran Mac Born posts updates for his AI mods for Darthmod and vanilla. Of the smaller mods, examples of relatively recent work include Dracula's BAI, CAI, Economy All in One mod (in the Gameplay Tweak sub-forum of the Mod Threads area), JustDoIt8's Regiments of the American Revolutionary War 1775-1783, Bavarian Grenadier's Vanilla Units Enhanced for all European Nations and my Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack (all three mods are in the Unit Packs sub-forum of the Mod Threads area) - and VadAntS posted an update for his disease mod (in the Compilations & Overhauls sub-forum of Mod Threads) yesterday.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 20, 2016 at 12:44 AM.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

I myself am still working on the Ottoman Total Overhaul mod, a global gameplay overhaul mod with particular focus on the Ottoman Empire and not the only one by far .
    There are still mods being develloped
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Since Dec. 2015, I had updated my campaign mod (working on it to make a public beta release) a no winter mod, a Naval mod, and a slave trade mod. I know other people have done some stuff.

Some of us don't even think about it ETW at the moment because we're literally up to our eyeballs in work.

Heck, I haven't even had time to fix the Wine wrapper for running the modding tools on my Mac with the Yosemite update, and it's been a while since THAT came out.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't argue ETW modding is dead. More sedate perhaps, but definitely not dead. If CA were smart, they rebuild Empire including all the modifications made by people over the years. ETW tried to tackle a scope that hasn't been matched by any of the other Total War games. That alone means modding should (and does) continue.