View Poll Results: Who do you support for president of the United States?

Voters
198. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton / Tim Kaine

63 31.82%
  • Donald Trump / Mike Pence

86 43.43%
  • Gary Johnson / William Weld

34 17.17%
  • Jill Stein / Ajamu Baraka

15 7.58%

Thread: US Presidential Election 2016: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Default Re: US Presidential Election 2016: Hillary Clinton vs Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Dragus View Post
    Another eight-pointer Clinton lead national poll hit earlier tonight, along with (strangely enough) a near-tie in Alaska. The electoral map continues to heavily favor a lopsided Clinton win. If things continue on their current trajectory Alaska may actually be joining the new swing states along with Arizona and Nebraska's second district.
    Amazingly Clinton's lead in some battleground states is now larger than the poll of polls national average:

Even with a man as obviously unqualified as Donald didn't mean this was an unwinable election. Losing it this hard will compound his name as infamous in history as a byword for incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrets54 View Post
    There's no evidence to suggest who did that yet. Or do you know something we don't?
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is, most likely, a duck.
    Amazingly Clinton's lead in some battleground states is now larger than the poll of polls national average:

Even with a man as obviously unqualified as Donald didn't mean this was an unwinable election. Losing it this hard will compound his name as infamous in history as a byword for incompetence.
    > Using BBC as source and then unironically complaining about Breitbart

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it is, most likely, a duck.
    In other words: "No".

Dude the CEO of the Trump campaign is literally the most recent Breitbart Chairman. Don't even pretend that Breitbart and the BBC are comparable, it's demeaning to yourself.

Also... did I not literally just say it was from their poll of polls? Do you know what that is? They're not even the BBC's numbers dude, pay attention.

Earlier today..

https://i.sli.mg/PoPkm3.jpg

And now...
    https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/787889195507417088

This is getting, quite frankly insane. I've never been one for a conspiracy theory when general greed and/or incompetence fits the bill, but this election is showing exactly how deep our current government has gone into the mainstream media. The leaks are getting harder to ignore, despite CNN even trying to imply it was illegal to look at them, and now we have this.

Many years ago I did the money math and realized that the SHTF in the US in 2050. I figured if I were still alive I'd be too old to do anything about it. Obama's spending pushed that to 2030. If Hilary wins it could push it a lot sooner. This election is like living in a B list movie. Anyone living outside you the US, you are getting really nothing of this, your opinions don't matter, but inside the US this is going to push a lot of people over the edge.

This like this...

Aren't helping. Hilary Clinton literally HIDING isn't helping. Her leaked speeches are definitely not helping. And then this idiot...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Who's emails have been recently released which contain a lot of damning evidence against HRC is definitely not helping.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by War lord View Post
    Just like Donald Trump and his supporters then?
    Sensitive possibly, but for different reasons. But I'm not talking about those sensitive people so there is no need to veer off course, I'm referring only to sensitive minorities.

What? Just to clarify... that video shows a woman saying that feminism and pro-choice are important issues for her, issues that Donald is clearly against, whereas she highlights Clinton as pro-choice, explaining her support for Clinton. And rather than taking this argument entirely based on policy and ideology, you've taken the fact she's Muslim and categorised this as minorities being over sensitive and that's why "people" (you) are beginning to resent minorities?

I mean... how long did you think before typing that?
    First of all Donald Trump has said multiple times that he dislikes abortion but is pro-choice.
    Second she is whining that she is a pro-choice Feminist and so must oppose the Donald while also whining that the Donald is against Muslims. So how exactly does belief in Islam and abortion loving Feminist line up? That is what we call a ing a paradox.
    Third she said that Donald Trump said mean things about Muslims and Hispanics, oh no a double whammy. Muslims perhaps but the fact is he is correct about a correlation between Islam and terrorism. I don't get the Hispanics thing since Trump was specifically talking about illegal immigrants. Hence my statement that she is whining about minority issues. She is acting like one of the sensitive minorities.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; October 17, 2016 at 01:26 AM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

There you go, called it. When somebody like Donald tells his white idiots they're being robbed, and that black people want to steal their votes, somebody's going to come out of the woodwork and say he got pushed "over the edge".

Phier, provide your conspiracy theory sources please:

http://www.snopes.com/stanford-study...discrepancies/

Not even a recent meme.

Amazingly Clinton's lead in some battleground states is now larger than the poll of polls national average.
    Well, it's also important to remember that a lot of those aren't really "battlegrounds" any longer now that we have a better feel for the situation on the ground. The Pennsylvania-Virginia-New Hampshire "blue wall" (keeping Clinton at a 272-273 electoral vote minimum even back when the election wasn't so one-sided) has completely risen out of realistic striking range, and Trump is going to be very hard-pressed to keep her from walking away with somewhere between 300 and 340. If he falls apart in Arizona, Georgia, Alaska, or if Utah awards its electoral votes to Clinton due to plurality size, it could be even worse.

Her national polling lead (now averaging at around 8 points) definitely compliments her commanding position in the state-by-state contest though. It's one of the reasons FiveThirtyEight's models have finally begun to allow themselves to become more bullish on the size of her win margins in line with everyone else.

Remainers proclaiming victory based on assumptions from sources with political agenda was what made their tears so delicious this summer. Granted, there was less disparity in polls, but British political establishment didn't have as much to lose either.
    The last Brexit poll only showed remain winning by 2%, with 6% still undecided, well within the margin of error for polling. Even the LA Times poll that has been noticeably favorably to Trump now only shows him leading by 1 point nationally. Brexit was a referendum issue, not an election, referendums tend to be harder to accurately poll because they're not so clearly demarcated by demographics.

I can't wait for "wahhh, I can't believe minorities didn't support Hillary enough, I hate them now!", "booo why can't Obama enact martial law and go for third term" and of course: "it's all white people's fault!".
    Do you actually read some of the nonsense you post?

If Clinton wasn't so badly out of touch with reality (and not scary to her campaign stuff so that they could acknowledge that to her) she wouldn't base her campaign on just having her sponsors "estimate" her victory
    Even the Fox News poll is showing Clinton maintaining a solid lead, are they one of her sponsors now?

I don't recall Trump supporters firebombing anything.
    They much prefer attacking protestors, threatening the press, and welding firearms outside a Democratic Campaign office. And no one has actually been linked to that firebombing, it could have easily been a false flag attack by pro-Trump militants, his supporters aren't exactly the biggest fans of the Republican party right now.

In other words: "No".
    Well yeah, same as if someone burns a swastika logo on a synagogue, probably mormons.
    Dude the CEO of the Trump campaign is literally the most recent Breitbart Chairman. Don't even pretend that Breitbart and the BBC are comparable, it's demeaning to yourself.
    Yeah, its not like it has a political agenda or anything. At least I acknowledge that bias are present in media on both sides, you are just reinforcing the stereotype by only acknowledging sources that confirm to your views.
    Also... did I not literally just say it was from their poll of polls? Do you know what that is? They're not even the BBC's numbers dude, pay attention.
    The only reference to the source is BBC logo, not our fault you are just posting random macros and images without any context to them.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Granted, there was less disparity in polls, but British political establishment didn't have as much to lose either.
    That one here, is what really drives me to hysterical laughter: the narrative that somehow Trump is not part of the establishment and that he is anti-establishment. His bio, is pretty much establishment: rich family, some behavioral issues, good schools, started off with funding for his father, invested money, property developer, did so and so, celebrity status, prize wives and so on. Everything he did in his life was very much described by his upbringing and his social status.

Where the anti-establishment comes from?

For one, un-PC rhetoric which endeared him to another part of the establishment, the alt-right. The alt-right, the proud scions of lynching mobs which were gradually disenfranchised by the fact they were denied the right to lynch people, harass minorities, assault women, wear white bedsheets with hoods and burn the occasional cross when a negro was not at hand.

Is he used by the establishment? Very much so, exactly as the emerging neo-nazis in Europe. Using Trump as boogeyman, the establishment can justify any assault on civil rights, having a living, walking and sniffling example of how worst things could be.

Trump is very much part of the establishment, but he simply professes that he is also part of the future establishment the alt-right aspires to.

Patrician

Yeah it's not like there are no BLM associated lynch mobs running around recently. Those goddamn Nazis are the ones lynching some poor refugees as we speak. The KKK they have some huge influence. They must be pushing numbers of up to 300,000 members I bet.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    First of all Donald Trump has said multiple times that he dislikes abortion but is pro-choice.
    God send me somebody who knows what they're talking about.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...mp-is-pro-life

Second she is whining that she is a pro-choice Feminist and so must oppose the Donald
    How is that in any way unreasonable? If that is an important issue to her, as it is to many, what takes away her right to make this choice?

while also whining that the Donald is against Muslims.
    No, she said he has said bad things about Muslims and Hispanics. She is right. Must we revisit the all Mexican migrants are rapists comments?

So how exactly does belief in Islam and abortion loving Feminist line up? That is what we call a ing a paradox.
    It's called individual opinion, something I would have thought you would have been in support of. Is individual opinion why you resent minorities, in your words? Do we need to find you a safe space to protect you from views that don't match your world view of Muslims?

The last Brexit poll only showed remain winning by 2%, with 6% still undecided, well within the margin of error for polling. Even the LA Times poll that has been noticeably favorably to Trump now only shows him leading by 1 point nationally. Brexit was a referendum issue, not an election, referendums tend to be harder to accurately poll because they're not so clearly demarcated by demographics.
    I literally addressed that in the part you quoted: "Granted, there was less disparity in polls, but British political establishment didn't have as much to lose either."
    Do you actually read some of the nonsense you post?
    That's the Remainer comments that were prevalent after their rendezvous with reality.
    Even the Fox News poll is showing Clinton maintaining a solid lead, are they one of her sponsors now?
    Fox mostly promotes neoconservatism and most neocons favor Clinton, who obviously is more of a globalist neocon then Trump is. In other works, FOX represents interests of Bush-spawn and McCain types. It doesn't represent GOP overall.
    They much prefer attacking protestors, threatening the press, and welding firearms outside a Democratic Campaign office. And no one has actually been linked to that firebombing, it could have easily been a false flag attack by pro-Trump militants, his supporters aren't exactly the biggest fans of the Republican party right now.
    Yeah, just like those women who raped themselves so they can accuse Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragus View Post
    Well, it's also important to remember that a lot of those aren't really "battlegrounds" any longer now that we have a better feel for the situation on the ground. The Pennsylvania-Virginia-New Hampshire "blue wall" (keeping Clinton at a 272-273 electoral vote minimum even back when the election wasn't so one-sided) has completely risen out of realistic striking range, and Trump is going to be very hard-pressed to keep her from walking away with somewhere between 300 and 340. If he falls apart in Arizona, Georgia, Alaska, or if Utah awards its electoral votes to Clinton due to plurality size, it could be even worse.

Her national polling lead (now averaging at around 8 points) definitely compliments her commanding position in the state-by-state contest though. It's one of the reasons FiveThirtyEight's models have finally begun to allow themselves to become more bullish on the size of her win margins in line with everyone else.
    I know, this is why Obama used his speech to attack the Republican leadership this week. The Democrats are clearly feeling confident enough to divert some of their campaign's energy - the speech by the sitting President no less - to taking some Senate and House seats.

The only reference to the source is BBC logo, not our fault you are just posting random macros and images without any context to them.
    Says so in my post.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; October 17, 2016 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Not necessary.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    This like this...

I'm sorry but this is plain lazy. Do you seriously post without a minimum, A MINIMUM of research?

OK, here it is:

The paper finds a correlation between non-existence of paper trails and Clinton sucess.

First problem: The authors did not realise that there are three and not two types of states. States with paper trail only, states with paper AND no paper trail (and mixed counties) and states without paper trail. What they did is that they crammed the two first categories into one, so there go their results out of the window.

Second, playing with the same data, another correlation emerges: HC did better in states with a Republican governor! Cue establishment plot!

If you are posting just to have fun, it's alright, it's a total war forum FFS. But if you want to be taken seriously, you need to put some work into it.

Polling in the UK is pretty much near impossible. For the last election the polls got things so wrong I would be surprised if anyone in that industry had a job after the election haha.
    We have 'shy tory' syndrome where conservatives tend to just shut up and vote conservative - and there's alot of them.
    I don't know whether that applies to the USA but there doesn't really seem to be a 'conservative' vote available.
    Last edited by jockmcplop; October 17, 2016 at 01:50 AM.
    “My grandad always said, "You should never judge a book by its cover." And it's for that reason that he lost his job as chair of the British Book Cover Awards panel.”
    Stewart Lee

The Democrats are clearly feeling confident enough to divert some of their campaign's energy - the speech by the sitting President no less - to taking some Senate and House seats.
    That's correct. And a while back the Clinton-aligned Priorities Political Action Committee also started looking at applying added pressure to the senate races as well. The GOP has done a good job of focusing their resources on holding as many seats as possible now that they've abandoned the lost presidential race, but Trump's margins are getting so low now that it's possibly going to be hard to prevent any bleedover.

Patrician

Ferrets look, we both ing know that Hillary Rodham Clinton and Donald John Trump have flip flopped on the abortion thing their entire lives. Donald is obviously pro-choice and only changed his stance to appeal to his Republican voter base. Much like how Donald stated that he disliked abortion but was pro-choice we have Hillary saying that she wants abortion to become rare and that pro-life and pro-choice should find common ground. In both cases we have the two candidates either not giving straight answers or changing their stance for convenience.

Look lad I don't know if you understand ideological consistency but you can't claim to be all about that Islam but also all about that Feminism and abortion. The two things don't mix and anyone who tries is doing one or the other wrong.

Mexican migrants? Is this your soft ball to avoid saying illegal immigrants? He never said all illegals were rapists either "some I assume are good people but... etc etc" that automatically discounts "all".

Her individual opinion is wrong. Am I free to point that out or do I have to accept her obviously flawed views as fact? Well I never said that I resented minorities but I did say that it is no wonder how they are being an object of resentment. Especially dumb kids like her who think that they can identify as like fifty different things even though her positions contradict each other. In this case she needs to choose one or the other because logically she can't identify as both. As for your safe space comment save it, you think if I needed one I would be in here educating you about consistency.

Sensitive possibly, but for different reasons. But I'm not talking about those sensitive people so there is no need to veer off course, I'm referring only to sensitive minorities.
    You insinuated that minorities are especially sensitive. Trumpeteers (who are overwhelmingly white, and mostly male) are engaging in the exact sort of behavior you're accusing minorities of, Whining and calling for censorship whenever someone insults their hero or asks difficult questions.

He did say that, but then flipped once he became became the likely nominee, probably due to pressure from his base and the party itself. "“I’ve become pro-life, and the reason is, I’ve seen — in my case, one specific situation — but numerous situations that have made me to go that way.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpIMuOPu5Hs

Second she is whining that she is a pro-choice Feminist and so must oppose the Donald while also whining that the Donald is against Muslims. So how exactly does belief in Islam and abortion loving Feminist line up? That is what we call a ing a paradox.
    Shall we play that game where I pull passages from the Bible that Christians are commanded to obey, yet never actual do? Because we can play that game if you want. All religious belief quickly runs into hypocrite territory, no matter the individual.

Third she said that Donald Trump said mean things about Muslims and Hispanics, oh no a double whammy. Muslims perhaps but the fact is he is correct about a correlation between Islam and terrorism. I don't get the Hispanics thing since Trump was specifically talking about illegal immigrants. Hence my statement that she is whining about minority issues. She is acting like one of the sensitive minorities.
    Donald Trump has said plenty of offensive things about Hispanic people other then "illegal" immigrants, or have you forgotten when he claimed a judge was biased simply because the man was of Mexican descent. Correlation is not causation, and there are terrorists in all causes, up until 2001, European terrorism was considered more of a concern then Islamic terrorism.

Says so in my post, but my fault: I know reading is hard mate.
    No it doesn't. All you did was posting a random image with BBC logo on it.

Anyways:
    Julian Assange's internet connection has been cut by a state party. Sure hope they are not assassinating him. If they did, that would surely torpedo Hillary, unless Trump's presidency is a lesser evil compared to a potential blowback of something too controversial.
    Last edited by Heathen Hammer; October 17, 2016 at 01:58 AM.