Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire TWC/MTWII Gaming group

It shall be taken by a guy from MTWII gaming group

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

btw, just to be clear, you dont have to be emperor to ban factions, you can do that as king, right? wouldnt make sense otherwise, since the difference is more symbolic than anything else.

StOuFf's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Jadli I said I would propose to make a Video if the ressources are decent
    got a little bit of video making skills, im not a pro but I think I could make something enjoyable. not great but enjoyable

Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    btw, just to be clear, you dont have to be emperor to ban factions, you can do that as king, right? wouldnt make sense otherwise, since the difference is more symbolic than anything else.
    The Roman king can also declare war upon unworthy vassals. But he cant destroy them, the war will have the same outcomes as "Rebellion", only Emperor can declare ban to destroy the faction.

Quote Originally Posted by StOuFf View Post
    Jadli I said I would propose to make a Video if the ressources are decent
    got a little bit of video making skills, im not a pro but I think I could make something enjoyable. not great but enjoyable

There will be lotta stuff posted in threads, so it should be enough

Also, this HS is really huge, so admins will strictly follow this

- You have 24hrs to complete your factions turn. If you cannot complete your turn within the time limit you may ask for 12 hrs extension, but only before you are late. The Admin will not waste time trying to make contact with a late player. Its up to you to let the admin know you will be late. If you do not, then expect to be skipped. Admin will sub you only if you ask him to do that before you are late, and send him instructions, otherwise you will be skipped anyway. This rule will be strictly enforced by the Admins.
    -If you are late too often or constantly need extensions you will be replaced.

I highly recommend everyone to find an ally/friend who will know your password and will sub you when you cant play or when you are skipped. If needed, admin can give you new password on admin turn. If you know you arent gonna be able play your turn, solve it in advance.

This HS will work only if we follow this, so if you know you cant keep up with this, leave now and save us future troubles please.

The Roman king can also declare war upon unworthy vassals. But he cant destroy them, the war will have the same outcomes as "Rebellion", only Emperor can declare ban to destroy the faction.

eh, fair enough, i guess some escalation is called for. just rp wise, were still calling it ban if the king does it?

Gaming Emeritus

eh, fair enough, i guess some escalation is called for. just rp wise, were still calling it ban if the king does it?
    I was trying to find proper word for that, but im kinda clueless right now. Any ideas?

just keep it, the empire doesnt go away bc there was no coronation by the pope yet. just specify that only the emperor can disband factions. thinking about it, that may be appropriate, since emperor friedrich barbarossa basically disolved the stem duchy of saxony, on account of the welfs being too powerful. another interesting precedent here is that the welf henry the lion ruled both bavaria and saxony by inheritance, and bc the emperor wanted to make up with his family (he was also related to the emperor), would be interesting if something like that happend in this HS.
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 24, 2016 at 02:32 PM.

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

So Venice and Milan count as HRE faction or not ?

Gaming Emeritus

just keep it, the empire doesnt go away bc there was no coronation by the pope yet
    We will have to appoint antipope then

And yes, it was kinda unclear in medieval, but lets keep Venice and Milan HRE factions

milan would definitely be considered part of the empire. venice is more complicated, but they pretty much sided with the emperor on a lot of occasions, even if they wouldnt consider themselves his subjects.

now, should they be part of the whole election thing? rather not, esp not venice, but if lombardy achieves a certain status, we might run with that. they were welfs like the duke of bavaria (the incumbent duke is the son of the milan FL), so who knows, they might claim bavaria....
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 24, 2016 at 02:38 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Well, every player that is vassal of HRE should have the right to participate in elections...

well, doesnt vassal imply they shouldnt? the republic of venice def wouldnt, and the election is for the king of the german(s)(part of the empire), and lombardy is part of italy. this isnt an election for emperor.

Gaming Emeritus

By voting The Roman King you possibly vote also The Emperor. You are making fair points from the historical aspect, but as I said, all HRE players should have the right to vote. Unless you convince more ppl to support it, Ill not change it

fiiiine.

buuut, what if we allow milan to claim the italian kingship and become emperor instead? thatll set them against the hre, but we could allow it if they have support there, or too much internal conflict creates a vacany for too long?

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

When is this going to start?

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group)

Jadli says you haven't got the other guy, still up for it if you haven't found someone else

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Yaaay! I think we are all present then

Just one question, what happens if an independent kingdom becomes ruler of a HRE vassal faction through blood alliance, for example there is a starting blood alliance between Bohemia and Poland. Thus in real life the King of Poland becomes the Duke of Bohemia, does he as an independent king have to obey all the rules for HRE vassal factions?

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackWolf View Post
    Just one question, what happens if an independent kingdom becomes ruler of a HRE vassal faction through blood alliance, for example there is a starting blood alliance between Bohemia and Poland. Thus in real life the King of Poland becomes the Duke of Bohemia, does he as an independent king have to obey all the rules for HRE vassal factions?
    I imagine that Bohemia would become a part of Poland, but would still remain a de jure duchy in the HRE. Thus the emperor/king can have a claim on Bohemia and could start a war to return it to the Empire xD