Page 7 of 77 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - FRANCE OPEN!

Thank you for the invite, im not very good at the role play side of things but will give it a go if France is still open.
    Last edited by forpony; August 29, 2016 at 11:27 PM. Reason: I changed my mind to take part

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - FRANCE OPEN!

I guess its yours then. Read the rules and all comments here. If you dont understand anything, ask asap. Admins should upload the save soon

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group)

Save should be there very soon.

You all have to download small hotfix ( made by Hannibal ). Extract it into HRE/data and overwrite http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/8BTAwrcr/file.html

zkarel's Avatar Senator

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I am your wonderful host and here is the save for England https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2z...ew?usp=sharing
    And forgive me for the passwords, see my signature for more info
    They Call Me Special For A Reason !

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Are there any changes at descr_strat after the test file Jadli shared ?It would be nice and fair to see final version of it if it has changed.

Gaming Emeritus

there are no changes apart adding bishop and archbishop to Venice, and adding bishop to Austria as it seems they cant make new one neither in Wien or Graz

Ill also rather remind this

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Ill rather remind everything important. In HRE there is currently civil war between The Roman king and counter king. The Counter king has support of pope, thus The Roman king is excommunicated. All factions that support him or that are are allied to him are automatically excommunicated. These factions are Bohemia, both Lorraine duchies, Swabia, and his independent allies - Poland and Venice. The Counter king has support of Milan, Burgundy, Bayern, Austria and independent allies - Sicily and Hungary ( + Pope). Thus the only neutral factions in this conflict are England and France.

As long as they are excommunicated, they can be destroyed by other factions. Excommunication may end with death of pope/The Roman king or an agreement. It may also end, if the excommunicated factions appoint an antipope. However, end of excommunication will not end the civil war, it would just not allow counter king and his supporters destroy excommunicated factions. The civil war would go on with normal civil war rules ( see OP).

Also important thing, as long as there is civil war, HRE factions cant claim anything. All independent factions can claim even if they participate in HRE war.
    And first betrayals/becoming neutral can happen on turn 5 or later, not before. Character we have now are real historical characters, they had reasons why did they support this guy or the other, you should think on it before you betray someone for nothing.

I have to say I never seen so elaborate mode considering historical family trees and characters. ( perhaps only westeros fanatics could compete)

Ill also make clear your duties in this HS.
    Time limits must be followed by you all ( if we want to have at least 2-3 turns per month)
    From now till the end of the first turn you all must make introductory RP. In the RP you should introduce your family ( at least FL/FH), perhaps a short history of your faction, whom do you support in the war, etc.
    Things that are mandatory to RP are: elections, crusade, betrayals, forming blood alliances, winning civil war, destroying a faction, excommunications, declaring a conquest, adoption of a regent, obtaining a crown, etc
    Things that must be at least announced: family events ( death/birth of your important family members, weddings), declaring a war, death/appointing a (arch)bishop ( PICS mandatory) - in all actions that require presence of (arch)bishops you must state his name, battles,...

RP is supposed to be realistic. Yo should read some stuff, recommend to start from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_..._Roman_Emperor

All stuff that require admin to remove your money must be posted in thread, and also sent to admin in PM ( use this form of title "HRE - Turn x - ....")

Basically, you have to inform other players in threads about almost everything

Post RP separately from your turns to not delay the HS if possible

When fighting an AI faction, you can take only settlements you have a claim for even if they are sending armies against you. No manual battles are allowed, as it would advantage independent kigngdoms a lot

Also, breaking basic rules would be very unfortunate, I hope you all read it so we can avoid useless delays. Important rules - No watchtowers allowed, 3 forts/player/region, no one turn peace ( but you cant attack those who havent played their first turn yet, so England cant attack France, but France can attack England as it already played its turn), siege eq rules, agent rules, no destruction of buildings allowed and no exploiting AI factions

EDIT:

Ill be something like "RP admin" - Ill be making minor changes in RP rules and answering questions about it, updating OP. But adding/removal/change of big rules will ofc need to be approved by admins and agreed by you.
    elghazi and zkarel are main admins, Dragon. is co-admin. Rep the guys!

I Philip, Roi des Francs
    Seek to rule my Kingdom justly and chivalrously and thereby make Royaume de France quiet land and filled with a peaceful people.
    Messages of warm goodwill and friendship will be sent to King William 'the Conquer' of England and Normandy
    and promises of cold steel, fire and death to warring powers of the Holy Roman Empire that i Royaume de France will suffer no trespass or attempts to draw it into war.

Under the regency and tutelage of my mother Anne of Kiev and Baldwin V of Count of Flanders, I have mastered the savage arts of war, the noble code of chivalry and and the patience of politics. Now in the 20th year of my rule and 27th of my life I now have the strength to project my will beyond the Royal estates of House of Capet.

It is my intent to strengthen the power of the Roi des Francs to its former glory as unchallenged ruler of all of France, the power of the so-called robber barons will be broken. The Robber Baron of Poitiers is by the Grace of God ordered to present himself at the Royal court in Paris by the end of winter or suffer invasion.(not a claim, yet) Justice and order will be returned to France and France will once again become a beacon of law, order, chivalry and Piety that it was under the great King Charlemagne. this is no less then God's divine will and to challenge it is to go against God.

Signed Philip, Roi des Francs

Last edited by forpony; September 01, 2016 at 07:16 AM.

for communication purposes ...my email is paladinbob123@gmail.com

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

sry, i need a clarification from jadil about the script. a small change was required, and if we dont all use that, it may be impossible to play or at least for the admin to use console.

"After the death of the child Ludwig, last of the line of great Charlemagne, the princes of his kingdom chose a man of frankish blood as their king, albeit many of them being of other german stock.

Although it was a saxon who first reclaimed the title of emperor, since then men of franconia have borne the burden of the crown. So it was with Henry, the fourth to bear his name, who has overcome adversity from when he was but a child.

Abducted by power hungry nobles who enforced their regency upon him, they would later defy him again in saxony, for he was always a strong ruler, never allowing royal authority to be tarnished. He also upheld the right of investiture of the princes of the church, for who but the crowned head of christendom could be the sole representative of Christ on earth?

For this, he gained the hate of the False Monk Hildebrandt, who even now sullies the throne of St. Peter under the name Gregory, for this false pope was blinded by his lust for power, and sought it high and above his priestly station.

But while Henry still thought this man a man of god, he did penance before him, and was freed from excommunication, or so he thought. But so deep the treachery of the monk, that he conspired with the king's enemies all the while. The treacherous princes raised for their King Rudolf, a man who had received the Dukedom of Swabia, and was made Administrator of Burgundy by Henry's mother during her regency.
    Thus, the most honored and holy have shown their true nature, and are revealed as the devilish imps they are.

As loyal man from high and low join their true King, he calls out to all true children of Christ, to raise their arms against the enemies of His name."

A great war council has been summoned at the royal Pfalz near Würzburg. Behind closed doors, guarded by the kings most loyal ministerials, and attended by his most trusted servants, the great nobles of the realm, or at least their representatives, will decide the fate of an empire .

(OOC: PMs will follow).
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; September 01, 2016 at 04:51 AM.

http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/NGjJpoQC/file.html

as the citizens of parma have refused to open their gates and swear fealty to the king, the archbishop of milan has laid siege to their city, to drive out the supporters of the false pope, and restore it to forces loyal to the king.

(OOC no claim is laid to the city, the occupation will be temporary)
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; September 01, 2016 at 09:40 AM.

Gaming Emeritus

Nice pace guys

House Babenberg up! http://www.mediafire.com/download/ya..._Austria_1.sav

Ill post RP later today to not delay

William, Duke of Normandy, King of England

"An exellent shot your exellency". William, annoyed by the ridiculus flattery of one of his retainers pushed his hunting bow in the hands of said Lord and bowed over the dead deer. Even several years after claiming his rightful position as king of england, he prefered to reside in Normandy, a far more civiliced region, despite all his efforts to bring progess to these anglo-saxons.
    He stood up as he heared the faint sound of hooves and watched the incoming rider. The man, clothed in simple travel gear jumped from his horse and knelt.
    "Sire, I bring message from your son, he reports that the barbaric scots have crossed your border and began raiding northumbria. He sends word that he is currently mustering forces to deal with these intruders".
    "And so he shall " responded William. "What other news can you bring me ?"
    "The King of Denmark lies dead" "How suspicious were the circumstances ?" "My liege, nothing of the sort is known"."One can never know, with these danes" mumbled William "And what of the Empire?"
    "It seems there will soon be fighting everywhere, both the Emperors and the Popes men are ready, as of yet, none knows of any significant battle, but our diplomats send word, that this will be only a matter of time."

William turned around and looked at his entourage and spoke "One of you, my Lords, will soon be honoured with assuring King Philip, that if either one of those should decide to cross his border and disturb the peace in his lands, we shall stand at his side. I expect the rest of you to attend our next council in Rouen and for know, we shall feast on this succesful hunt"

turn is done for Austria and now next is Herzogtum Bayern's turn ..enjoy .....https://www.dropbox.com/s/ut6yon88rh...ern_1.sav?dl=0

The Margrave of Austria , Leopold looks up from his books....
    "So much strife.......so little time", he muses..."Shall I die peacefully in my sleep ..like my father did.."., he rubs his chin and lights a small pipe....and considers that his father who died in 1075AD had a much easier time of it.
    The Empire had never known such strife..from both within and without....predators all...but of more importance is the chance to keep his family safe.Those that play the great game are always at risk.

A brief knock at the door to the study, and his castellan enters .Steiner was a eldery man but his grey hair and beard belied his experience.....looking up at him , the Margrave handed him 2 scrolls...
    "Two messages this time...One for those barbaric poles ...It seems they have built two forts across the river....I can smell there foul stench from here...it makes the defence of the bridge untenable...", he pauses as he considered the situation,"..but perhaps they will have the good sense to leave well alone..least all of our world will go up in smoke" ..he shrugged such heavy duties of state starting to wear him down ...

"And another message to our gallant allies on the border...Give the messanger to the duchy of Bayern..some of our best white wine to send as a gift..we shall need there help to secure the border...if things turn bad.."

He sat back in the chair and thought about the current situation but as ever his loyalties lay with the pope...and his true faith could not be changed...and so his loyalties must be with the Counter King Rudolf von Rheinfelden.As a true son of the faith.., he shall await his summons from his new master...
    "Enough" , he cried suddenly bolting from his chair..."There has been enough time spent on this matter of state...If our allies prove true and the will of god stands on our side..then there is nothing to fear...." , coughing as the sudden movement strained his body , "Steiner, ....ready my hounds...we go for a hunt in the forests.....before I am chained to this office.."

The Margrave was capable of great speed on movement when he put his mind to things..particulary when a hunt was on offer..and so his retinue prepared to leave....and thus fairs the situation in the arse-end of the empire....

looks like no watchtowers are allowed..so let me just redoe my turn quicky ...

he is my turn redone without watchtowers and with fort restriction as per rules..
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpbvkb0b6e...ern_1.sav?dl=0

Gaming Emeritus

Flags of House Přemyslid were fluttering in wind. Black eagle seemed as the main unifying element of the bohemian and moravian army. There had been days when the symbol was confusing to everyone. Many times both sides had the same coat of arms in our recent history. Fights amongst ourselves almost destroyed our house. My father was the only Přemyslovec left, called illegitimate by many. He had to kidnap my mother from a monastery, as noble lord of The Empire werent willing to led him wed any of their noble daughters. Soon you showed them all you are more than equal to them. You defeated the poles, and when Emperor Henry III tried to punish you, you crushed him in battle at Brůdek. They called you Bohemian Achilles. Now son of your enemy is my friend, and I fight for him in his german wars. What do you say to that father?

However, the peace and unity you brought didnt last long. We had to fight our older brother Spytihněv, who took my brothers prisoners and I had to escape to Hungary. For what he has done to my wife I wanted to kill him personally. Unfortunately he haddied before I could have avenged her. I became duke of Bohemia. I returned my brothers Ota (Otakar in game) and Konrád Ota their appanage dukedoms, Olomouc and Brno. Our youngest brother Jaromír chose ecclesiastical way as you wished. Unfortunately, we were never fond of each other. When episcopal seat was emptied, my brothers conspired against me, thus Jaromír was made bishop instead of my own candidate. We had many grave disputes, yet I managed to limit his power, by creating title bishop of Olomouc and also founding chapter of Vyšehrad. In 1077 the dispute at least partly faded away when he became chancellor of The Roman king, thus he had less time to bother me.

United House Přemyslid is stronger than any house in the Empire, Ill make sure our enemies will find that out during the war. My king and also friend Henry IV will soon become The Emperor with our help. He has it in his blood. Counter king won some victories, but now he stands alone in the north, only with saxons armies and his his pope too far in the south to help him
    . Our united armies will fight him in his last battle...

Suddenly he heard clatter of hoofs becoming louder as the two riders were getting closer. "Father""Why are you disturbing me sons?" Duke Vratislav II asked them grumpily.

Younger Bořivoj took the word, he seemed frightened: "Dreadful news. Pope Gregoriius excommunicated us all for supporting Henry!Father, what will we do?" Older Břetislav burst out laughing. Vratislav asked Boleslav amusedly "What do you suggest?"
    "We have to stop supporting The Roman king! If we dont do what pope says our souls will-" Vratislav sternly interrupted him:" If you care so much about your soul go to a monastery like your goddamned uncle. If you are not able to rule over lands I gave you Im sure your younger brother would love to take your place" Boleslav remained silent. Vratislav continued. "If you believe that corrupted fat old madman from Rome is representative of God you are fool. Once we deal with traitor Rudolf of Rheinfleden, we will follow Henry into Rome and make sure a better pope take his place. A council will be held, and the church will be restored to is former glory Henry will be finally crowned Emperor, he will not forget those who stood beside him devotedly. The Realm will be finally in pace. But Im sure your older brother didnt come here to talk about that. So?"
    Břetislav nodded " We have been reported that Adelaide, daughter of the counter king, has arrived into Esterzegom, where is already king Ladislav with his army."
    "Uh, I didnt expect that." Vratislav remembered his second wife Adelaide Arpád that had died alsmot 20 years ago..."Seems our old alliance is gone. Ota and Konrád are well prepared against invasion from south, although if Ladislav joins the enemy they could be heavily outnumbered. Time for my son-in-law to respond the call."
    Last edited by Jadli; September 02, 2016 at 03:55 PM.

zkarel's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - BAVARIA OPEN!

Will sub unless mac does it.
    They Call Me Special For A Reason !

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - BAVARIA OPEN!

so, what happend to bavaria?