Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459 ... LastLast

Thread: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - BAVARIA OPEN!

Ahh, I went away on a lil break. Sorry I didnt' notify. I thought my turn was waaaaaay off.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

you, ser, are an unworthy king

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

That ser is an insult! I demand satisfaction!

[Placeholder for my grand RP this evening]

RP will happen on my next study break.

Lower Lorraine I think. http://www119.zippyshare.com/v/bFtQYamY/file.html
    Last edited by xXAmonXx; September 08, 2016 at 10:36 AM.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SanMarco_1.sav

At Wurzburg Gottfried, Count of Bouillon recieves the instruction of the King. The men of Lower Lorraine are to form the western flank of a great great line of fortifications, stretching from Koln almost to Prague. Not a single Saxon soldier will be able to cross, and the traitor-king Rudolf will be completely removed from his allies to the south.

But surveying the maps, the Count spies an opportunity to do more than simply hold ground. Konrad, Count of Westfalia, has set himself up south of Bremen, separated from the other camps by impassable mountains. Pointing this out, Gottfried proposes to surround and destroy this force.

With King Heinrich's blessing, the men of Koln swiftly march to their positions. The honor of the first blood in this war shall belong to Lower Lorraine.

I am the Air Bud of Total War

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Sicily up:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54...ew?usp=sharing

I claim Bologna and Parma.RP and other necessary things will be done tomorrow.

There seems to be a running theme here

yeah, i wont have time to do my next turn, cause ill have to read 5 pages of RP at once. its like a professor with no effin clue how to structure his lectures.

zkarel's Avatar Senator

well thats what happens when i sub. I might of doomed Saxony from turn 1. This treason will not be tolerated. Time to commit seppuku
    They Call Me Special For A Reason !

It was getting late and there were still decision to be made.
    Robert Dux Apulie sat at the table with his family, they knew they had to make a choice now.
    Return back to Sicily or fight the Byzantines.

"We dont have enough troops!" Roger said. Our main force is all the way back at Palermo and we dont have the time to call them here.
    "With out combined forces Skopia can easily be taken" responded Richard.
    "No, we must focus on the south and go for Nafpaktos now that its not guarded" Robert de Hauteville said.
    "If we do that the Byzantines will have us surrounded by the time we go for the next target!" Roger said.

It went quiet... the generals knew they didnt have enough troops to attack the Byzantines now.
    "Sigh... if only there was a way we could fight these bastards before his end has come" Roger said while looking at his father.

At that point Robert Dux Apulie stood up from his chair and said:
    "Are you guys finally done talking? Its time to go to war"
    "But how?" Roger said. "We dont have the capacity to put up a war"
    "Havent you noticed you fool?" His father said. "Mercenaries have been flooding these lands lately looking for a job. They want to fight and that is exactly what we can offer them, money and a fight"

It went quiet again... The generals had not even thought of it. All they had been doing was thinking of their own plan. The generals looked at each other ready to apologize but Robert Dux was ahead of them and already standing at the door. "Well guys? Are you gonna start talking or are you gonna start fighting?" And as he walked down the stairs: "I hope a bit of both"

In the following days armies marched towards Skopia and Thessalonica ready to attack and make Sicily a true power in the world.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...m5JZzQ3cEtzWlU - Lombardia up!

I claim Skopia and Thessalonica
    Last edited by saleska2; September 09, 2016 at 11:28 AM.

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Now I need to make sure I'm not late now lol

zender9's Avatar Domesticus

Domenico walked slowly and get his place at the council.He cleared his throat and start talking;

Noble councillors, for 10 years we remained serene.We improved our relations with Holy Roman Empire and their mighty king Henry IV.Now he need our help and we must help him to get his help for our future wars.
    In the other hand our blood ally Byzantine Empire needs our help againts Norman King Robert.Those normans already invaded Durazzo and wants to march east to destroy the mighty Empire.Now Emperor Alexios need our navy more than ever and the prize will be better than ever.
    Right now we have enough forces to help both Kings.Since Alexios needs only our ships, our land forces will be able to help King Henry IV.But of course it won't be easy to help both of them.Normans have a navy and we can't sail to Durazzo without a plan.So first we must make a plan to take control of Adriatic Sea and ports of Sicily.

Helping King Henry IV will be much harder and bloody.The factions surrounding us are supporting the false King Rudolf.Therefore we must capture Parma and Bologna and build forts to the bridges to protect our lands from tresspassing.I have already sent spies to check the cities and conquering both of them won't be that easy.So i asked help from Otto Archbishop of Milan to siege Parma and wait for my arrival and from what i heard he did went there and sieged the settlement.I myself will lead the army at siege Parma while our armies at Zara which is under Ordelafo Falier's command will made the siege of Bologna.These 2 cities will be a semi wall between Pope and excommunicated factions.Also improve our economy and authority.We can start counting Bologna and Parma as San Marco regions.

The councillors talked for hours and finish the plans.A bright future was awaiting to San Marco.It won't be the most serene republic anymore.The war will bring glory and money to San Marco or it won't...

Quote Originally Posted by zkarel View Post
    well thats what happens when i sub. I might of doomed Saxony from turn 1. This treason will not be tolerated. Time to commit seppuku
    could you find a replacement first plz

By this decree, we, Henry, King of the Romans, appoint the Duke of Venice as our administrator for Bologna, Parma, and all the lands of their counties. We charge him to appoint able governors, and to uphold our law there forthwith. We also charge him to support and protect our loyal servant, Wibert, Archbishop of Ravenna, so he may return to his flock and resume his duties as their shepard.

Given this day, the year of our Lord 1080, titles, titles.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Liberty for the Empire!

"All hail his grace: Rudolf of Rheinfelden, Duke of Swabia and Our Prince of Liberty". Archbishop Siegfried's speech had been a drawn out affair, but I suddenly awoke at his final announcement. I stood up to receive the court's chant of "long live the king" and exited soon after. I had come to Mainz to get what I needed; recognition from the Pope and a copy of Henry's excommunication. His Holiness' envoy had invited me to dinner that evening, but I did not have the time or the patience for such a triviality whilst I had a war to fight.

The war had started three years ago, although had only consisted of minor skirmishes between my forces and that of my brother in law Henry. Most had resulted in a stalemate or a minor victory, nothing close to the complete destruction of the tyrant which is what I desire most on this earth. My reasoning for the uprising is simple, I aim to put an end to the tyranny which has befallen our great Empire. For almost two centuries we have stood out amongst all other powers in Europe as a shining beacon of liberty, where birth does not grant you a right to rule over your fellow man. Our leaders have been chosen amongst our council of princes and elector counts, but with Henry's accession to the Imperial throne it is suddenly clear that the title of Emperor is becoming a title held by the Salien dynasty.

There are lords within the Empire who have, out of duty, followed their supposed liege lord into this conflict. But I have a following of counts and dukes who see that there is hope for liberty and self-rule, it is this what we fight for and for that reason it is why we must win. I have no desire to wear the Imperial crown for myself, when this conflict is over a free election will be held and a new emperor, chosen amongst the Princes will be elected. I now ride north to regain control of my armies. They have temporarily been under the command of one of my generals and I hope that no grave mistakes have been made in my absence. Nonetheless, I shall shortly return and the real war for our liberty shall begin.
    Last edited by Dr Mac; September 10, 2016 at 09:06 AM.

OOC: sorry to nitpick, but since this is an RP hotseat: there is no way rudolf could be in rome, let alone travel there and back again, unless he rides an eagle. some papal envoy or whoever can make that speech, and you can blame the guy in the fort for getting himself killed. also, king of the saxons isnt a splendid idea, since their resistance against royal authority made them follow you in the first place. just call yourself king of the romans, thats what you are.

i like the free election angle, that was basically rudolfs selling point.

EDIT: i suggest you forget the traveling angle, Mainz is held by me. or just travel to magdeburg...
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; September 10, 2016 at 09:15 AM.

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

May I propose a rule that a turn is not considered "done" until RP has actually been posted, and that it must be done within the normal time limit? Because its getting a little ridiculous

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

That would delay turns a lot, it might be even impossible for someone to play and write RP both in 24 hrs, especially if you are not native english speaker or when you want to write some real RP, not just few lines ( looking at you Ventos).
    Everyone must post introductory RP till the end of the 1st turn, only two players of those who have played already hasnt done so yet.
    The rule recommend players to post their RP separately, and thats what are we doing. But of course they should post it asap, some limit would be useful....

well, they should post RP before they do their second turn, thats a limit