Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group)

Yep you need a claim for rebel settlements but they are not rebel in the proper term. Think of them as independent settlements rather than rebels

Can we get a quick rundown of all the blood relations between the different factions at game start?

I am the Air Bud of Total War

Heres a thing I threw together, might be useful for some people to keep track of things by: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...c-U-w6_ZM/edit

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

i will see if i can annotate some stuff.

edit:

made some annotations, make sure to check your own factions for claims etc. im sure i didnt get all claims, so you might want to do some of your own research. im also sure your liege will help you out if you got legal trubs
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 28, 2016 at 05:51 AM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Very nicely done Ventos. Ill put it in OP, everyone should be updating his own faction i suppose? Found few mistakes, but I suppose it will be fixed. However, all starting settlements arent home settlements. ( I guess you know that)

I cant possibly find stuff for all factions, so you need to find your blood alliances, etc. When you find something, post it in thread.

Also, the rule about antipope will be slightly changed (archbishops can also become antipopes). I should upgrade it later today, so check it out. I am not in condition to write RP today, so will do it tomorrow

could you define home settlements a bit more closely, or annotate the spreadsheet?

Gaming Emeritus

Home settlements are such settlements that are de iure yours. They usually have to be returned to you after a war, and they usually cant be claimed. By holding a settlement for 10 turns its added to your home settlements, becoming a king also allows you to pick one more. HRE factions start with two, independent factions and The Roman king start with three

Are we going to be making any more edits for historical accuracy purposes?

so if you have only two at the start, or three for kings, they are also Home settlements. if you have more, thats your capital and you can decide on the others?

Gaming Emeritus

Minor historical changes considering rules might certainly happen. However, I believe after improving antipope rules, the rules will be completed.

I don't get what are you saying. Home settlements are listed in OP. What is your capital doesn't matter.

sry, didnt see that one

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

So we started or are we going to start soon?

Gaming Emeritus

Save should be up in a day or two. We de facto already started, you can start posting your RP. Delaying your turns because of RP is not allowed anyway. It seems some people had technical issues, so make sure the mod works for you before we really start.

I upgraded the rule about antipope. Archbishops/patriarchs/cardinals can be made antipopes now. Check it out. I also made participation of independent kingdoms in HRE wars clearer (see "Independent kingdoms).

Also, someone told me the use of (arch)bishops/patriarch isnt clear enough so I suppose I should say it one more time. Until they are not confirmed by pope/antipope or yourself ( money), you cant use them in actions they are needed for. And they are needed for everything. Without them, you cannot press claims, declare conquests, etc. In every action they are required for you have to state their name in your post. You must keep us informed about their deaths/confirmations. I suppose the list Ventos made could serve as official list of it that will be often updated. If you are discovered lying about deaths of bishops, you will be kicked from the HS. Also, assassins are not allowed to kill them.

Also, some independent factions might perhaps try take rebel/AI settlements without claim as they could think nobody will notice. Same as before, you will be kicked. However, Its not in power of any admin to keep checking nobody breaks RP rules, you all are given the responsibility. Breaking this could destabilize the hotseat a lot. If someone breaks it, Ill not let him join any new HS made by me for sure.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

I will leave this hotseat. I fear I will not have the dedicated time for this. I will try to look for a replacement.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Save should be up in a day or two. We de facto already started, you can start posting your RP. Delaying your turns because of RP is not allowed anyway. It seems some people had technical issues, so make sure the mod works for you before we really start.

I upgraded the rule about antipope. Archbishops/patriarchs/cardinals can be made antipopes now. Check it out. I also made participation of independent kingdoms in HRE wars clearer (see "Independent kingdoms).

Also, someone told me the use of (arch)bishops/patriarch isnt clear enough so I suppose I should say it one more time. Until they are not confirmed by pope/antipope or yourself ( money), you cant use them in actions they are needed for. And they are needed for everything. Without them, you cannot press claims, declare conquests, etc. In every action they are required for you have to state their name in your post. You must keep us informed about their deaths/confirmations. I suppose the list Ventos made could serve as official list of it that will be often updated. If you are discovered lying about deaths of bishops, you will be kicked from the HS. Also, assassins are not allowed to kill them.

Also, some independent factions might perhaps try take rebel/AI settlements without claim as they could think nobody will notice. Same as before, you will be kicked. However, Its not in power of any admin to keep checking nobody breaks RP rules, you all are given the responsibility. Breaking this could destabilize the hotseat a lot. If someone breaks it, Ill not let him join any new HS made by me for sure.
    Ok so let me understand now you need to pay 5 k and have an archibishop to lay claim on a settlement? This becomes quite hard for a hotseat player especially with the RP.

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - THE LAST SPOT OPEN!

Im gonna back out from this hotseat requires way to much time and I dont really have it since school has almost started

Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - THE LAST SPOT OPEN!

You just need to have bishop to be allowed to layclaims. He doesnt basically have to do anything specif about it, you just need to state his name
    Shame to see you leave...
    Last edited by Jadli; August 29, 2016 at 04:25 AM.

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - FRANCE AND HUNGARY OPEN!

Could I take the Kingdom of Hungary?

Oathsworn's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) - FRANCE AND HUNGARY OPEN!

I can take Hungary
    If you wonder about the guy in my profile photo,
    Here he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d39FBRxBM8k

Gaming Emeritus

Nice, one more to go again