Page 73 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2348636465666768697071727374757677 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1522

Thread: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

Captain Melon's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

Messengers had arrived to Zurich to inform the victorious Duke Friedrich of the whereabouts of the remaining Burgundians, who had taken residence in Parma. The Emperor himself had requested that he and the Bavarians hunt down them down and bring their dynasty to its end. With the expulsion of the Burgundians from Zurich and the end of the troublesome dynasty, Friedrich's long term goal has finally come to fruition. Now the final blow to that quarrelsome foe was all that remained.

In the East, Otto and the Duke of Carinthia had stormed the city of Edessa along with Frankish and Lothringian forces. The angry crusaders had butchered and sacked most of the town and being the largest force present in the area, were allowed the largest percentage of loot. It would be quite a journey back to Aleppo for the Schwabians, with long wagon trains filled with all the riches they plundered

Oberlothringen up
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Melon; April 22, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: [RP HS] Holy Roman Empire (TWC/MTWII Gaming group) BURGUNDY/BAVARIA OPEN!

I need some extra time, i will get this one up within 24 hours
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

The western border of Oberlotringen was now the home of the main Lorraine army. The city of Troyes had now been stationed with a full garrison, and along came also the daughter of the Herzog, Ida Von Lothringen. Coincidently bishop Volkwin Episcopus of Verdun was also here on a routine tour. The Lorraine army was under the command of Simon Campaniae. There were many discussions between the three. Both of the power of the church and of their desires in life. The lady was the first one to go to bed, followed by the bishop. And yet, Simon sat there, only accompanied by a small fireplace.

There was also finally word from the east, Heinrich von Burgndiae had finally sent a letter. He said that he was now only accompanied by mercenaries, and that all of the Lorraine men were dead. He was stuck in the desert south of Edessa as the mercenaries refused to move. The heat was unbearable, and it was almost constant sandstorms, he rarely leaves his tent. He was hoping to soon return home, if he would live that long.

Herzog Dietrich Dux Lotharingie, diary entry 1, 1089.

Lower Lorraine: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ep3j5x...lothring36.sav
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

welcome to the new players, remember most non-merc units have free upkeep, and that settlement titles give a significant discount on recruitment.

sorry will have this up today. wasnt around to download the mod yesterday so will have to today

gonna need a cleared save and it will be up asap.

The Duchy of Lower Lorraine supports the Duchy of Upper Lorraine in its bid to the Emperor. Poppo is in the Holy Lands and seeks a holy quest. Ducato up http://www.mediafire.com/file/cjtw5w..._Ducato_36.sav

Panda_Slayer's Avatar Miles

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

i think i can be subbed here

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Pope subbed, only waiting on confirmations on possible new players, which then mean England, Hungary and France in this order might be put back under player control.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

holy , did some hotseats simply die or what

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

I'll take England

Jiub's Avatar Praepositus

Hey, I'll take a faction at Jadli's invitation. Whatever works best for you guys.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

England up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/0jho88

Jiub take Hungary then and if we get a third player I will put france under player control again.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

All new players please check rules very thoroughfully before playing your first, and ask if you dont understand something, as there are many unique limitations on what you can or cannot do, compared to normal hotseats.

Most importantly, you cant taky any settlement without a claim (unless exceptions...) that must be paid for. Whenever you claim something, you need to PM admin about it, so he can remove the money from you, and also post it in thread, so I can add the claim into the OP and also that we all know. Keep in mind you are not allowed to adopt new generals.

In the beginning of the HS I made a small overview of practical things you gotta be aware of, so check the post.

As for diplomacy, there is currently a relative peace. The Crusade is just terminating, and some sort of Kingdom of Jerusalem is likely going to be created. There is an imperial ban against Burgundy, the faction lost all its land in Germany, but has a settlement somewhere in Italy I think, but they are likely going to be hunted down soon...
    Last edited by Jadli; May 04, 2018 at 06:55 AM.

I'll get this done tomorrow.

The King announces to his court of his intentions to seize the town of Cork and finally unite the the British Isles under his rule. Thousands stand ready to take the town once enough provisions can be gathered.

Franken - http://www.mediafire.com/file/ds31px...Franken_37.sav

Last edited by HannibalExMachina; May 05, 2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    the fleet of burgundy has been sunk, with all hands lost.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O8...YJ0voVSOdrq-Ic

any chance of a actual screenshot? as per the rules , if not to much trouble?

edit : my thax
    Last edited by paladinbob123; May 05, 2018 at 05:27 PM.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

House Babenberg up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/cr1s52...benberg_37.sav

Young margrave of Austria has left for Olomouc, accompanied by Lutold Přemyslovec, a second born of King's Regegent Konrád Ota, who shall be his companion in the future years. The rest of czech host led by prince Břetislav Přemyslovec continues south to meet with the styrian nobles.

King's brothers Ota and Jaroslav have sucesfully landed in The Holy Lands and have reached the holy city of Jerusalem, King Vratislav shall likely be there very soon too...

As Edessa has fallen, I think we can declare the crusade to be officially over. However, for a Kingdom of Jerusalem to be officially established, it should be done via the aquiring a kingdom rules (so it must be paid for, and gives an additional home settlement to its owner). It seems the ancillary was already given to a papal general (and city is controlled by papal forces), so I assume he should be the one.

Also, for the sake of RP, I think we should consider Kingdom of Jerusalem as a "separate" independent fation? Thus, all characters holding lands there would be vassals to the King of Jerusalem (not to HRE, pope, Sicily,etc), and thus, "following his orders". Also, as these lands are not HRE (or other factions') lands, it shouldnt allow HRE factions to claim neighboring provinces to those lands (unless done via Kingdom of Jerusalem claims, which should have maximally 1 claim at the same time...).

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jadli; May 06, 2018 at 08:25 AM.