Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server Advertisement Discussion

Default Server Advertisement Discussion

I would like to start a discussion concerning where we can (wisely) advertise the server. I, as I'm sure many of you are, am interested in expanding the community and seeing Serveria thrive again. Of course it's necessary to consider where it is smart to advertise and to what audience we are trying to reach out to. Let's make the Server great again.

Default Re: Server Advertisement Discussion

Ive spoken to Ditro once or twice about this. He feels there's no point in advertising the server since not one person that came became a regular, active member. Although that may be true, I still think it's worth the effort, our community (as laughable a term that may be to describe us) plateaus right now at about 30 people. Seeing double that would be pretty neat.

We need to advertise, our community is small, if the few that play lose interest the community dies again. I've also brought this to Ditro but had no response. Back on MCC time I was community advertiser and we used to have accounts on several places such as planetminecraft, I tried to recover the account but I lost the login data so it's a no go. We can ofcourse create new ones. But appart from that we need more stuff. I've discussed this and I think the best way to advertise is on similar places to this, and we need tem to show our work, to show that we're different. Also paid adds would be amazing but we'd need a fund raising.

I'll share more ideas when I get home.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Actually guy, I found out about the server through funny junk and a post of the map that Poach had released. I agree that most from those sites would be trolls, but I'm sure there are places out there interested in being a part of and taking part in the spirit of the server

Me and about 5 of my friends joined the server after a youtube video I saw on the total war forums, bought you gems such as jamesdonut and maxeth.

This one is still perfectly fine I think,

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...-pvp-kingdoms/
    Last edited by ForteS; August 18, 2016 at 01:16 PM.

Found you on this forum, linked you to Taleworlds. The Great Northern War followed.

I wholly support any sort of advertising.
    "In stone halls they burn their great fires,
    in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.
    Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,
    with no true companion but tears.
    They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
    they hunt me with torches by night."

Quote Originally Posted by ForteS View Post
    This one is still perfectly fine I think,

http://www.planetminecraft.com/serve...-pvp-kingdoms/

Thats the one that got me playing, could use some modernising though, looks fairly laggy and we dont have some features stated in the trailer such as the armour plug in and we use the new combat system.

I've never seen that video before, that's great. Very easy way to bring people in like it did Keelos and friends. As for the question of updating it, do we have anyone that is willing and able to edit videos like that?

As for there being "no point in advertising", yes, this is something that usually takes a lot of work for little reward. If we all pitch in to get the word out, we'll spread the "work" part of it evenly so no one gets burned out as is maybe Ditro's case. But whether it be a small trickle of users from various sources, or one "jackpot join" like the Taleworlds migration, the bigger that little number next to the /999 is, the more attractive the server becomes.

As for the sources themselves, it'll be a little difficult finding places like TWC with smaller niche communities that would fit right in to our server. We all remember the Reddit swarm, and though it was fun having 70 people online at peak hours, IIRC many of those folks were not exactly the kind of players we were/are looking for.

Also, if you guys would send me your favorite screenshot of your base, I can compile a gallery to use in advertisements. Go all out; shaders, texture packs, etc, etc. I'd rather use just one screenie of each base for brevity's sake.

https://www.facebook.com/Minecraftcenter.net/photos

You have some screens there, they are old but they were built by community members nevertheless.

We could also try to start up the server news again like this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwv9FQKB-a8
    And put the server ip in the description.

Don't want to take anything away from Saphiri logging into the server because they do it so much.

Good news everyone, I managed to recover the planetminecraft account,

http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/minecraftcenter/

It's ready for a name change and all of that.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

We seem to be set!
    A few things from experience:
    • Usually those places with tightly knit groups of older people don't take too kind on advertising, if you ask me my marketing courses are garbage compared to trying to solve that problem.
    • The "list" type of advertising is a bit useless, only servers with huge amounts of activity can handle to stay on top of the lists.
    • We still have Kats and dxsora as video makers, I guess we should get the MCC Youtube account back if we can.
    • A good looking carto map is also quite a plus.
    • Digging through Steam friends for old players can work too, I'm specially think of people who made factions previously but don't play anymore (FireNation, Ebonheart, Saxons, TSG, Eastphalia, Blikege?, etc.)
    Last edited by Nerva; August 18, 2016 at 06:48 PM.

Mike92574's Avatar Tiro
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by ForteS View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/Minecraftcenter.net/photos

You have some screens there, they are old but they were built by community members nevertheless.
    Nice shot of New Raven in there, my one true home. Also some nice shot's of Forlorn's base. There was alot of nice of nice places on Map 3 that went unphotogrpahed, if anyone has photos of them, please share. There was alot of nice builds on that map, perhaps the last great builds that occured,

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Then you never saw Arkadia in map 4 oh wait, there is a pic of it in there too.
    That cow pic was epic lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keelos Penguinos View Post
    Me and about 5 of my friends joined the server after a youtube video I saw on the total war forums, bought you gems such as jamesdonut and maxeth.
    Woah you seem to be forgetting the most important person of the lot there matey.

I will be AFK for the weekend until Sunday evening EST. Will begin formulating a plan if one doesn't come up while I'm gone.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

I can dust off the ol' brushes and help out.

Just posted on Enjin for moderator discussion before a general one, check it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast