Thread: Searching for someone willing to implement strat_generals and Captains into GoT 4.0!

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Searching for someone willing to implement strat_generals and Captains into GoT 4.0!

Hello guys, me and VltimaRatio are searching for someone who could implement the Strat_generals/captains VltimaRatio has created into the Game of Thrones 4.0 submod for Westeros Total War.

I have all the files and can send them to the one who could do this? I can't succeed with these models, as it always crashes at campaign start and the error log keep saying "insufficient memory blah blah".. I have no problem with doing the same thing for strat-models of other mods though, but for some reason these won't work to implement.

Moderator Gigantus succeeded in adding four of them (the ones he tried) into his Geomod though- so it is possible, i just can't succeed.. We want them inside of GoT 4.0 to replace vanilla retextured stratmodels.

The one who does this will be credited for it- as the models should have been in the recent release if we had succeeded in implementing them. So, if anyone thinks he/she can do this for us: Please write/apply!
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 17, 2016 at 09:33 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Searching for someone willing to implement strat_generals and Captains into GoT 4.0!

Hi there, do you still need this work to do? I can do it for you, with permission to use it in my submod for Winds of Winter.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Default Re: Searching for someone willing to implement strat_generals and Captains into GoT 4.0!

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Hi there, do you still need this work to do? I can do it for you, with permission to use it in my submod for Winds of Winter.
    Yes, it's still needed.

You need to ask permission of VltimaRatio to use these models in any other mod than GoT. However, if your mod is based on Got 4.0 then it should be perfectly fine.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

bitterhowl's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, if you have interest for me to do this work just pm me.

My sister, do you still recall the blue Hasan and Khalkhin-Gol?
    Russian warship is winning. Proofs needed? Go find yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by bitterhowl View Post
    Well, if you have interest for me to do this work just pm me.
    I'll do that, but currently i can't do anything as i need the ironborn problem fixed. I am waiting on Vltima for his working version.

- The Havamal

I am looking for someone to fix a bug in which the strat-generals for House Stark and House Lannister are buggy - their arms stretching out of proportions. I did read a tutorial about implementing strat-models, and it seems to be something easily fixed if you know what you are doing when creating the strat-models. So, if anyone who knows how to create strat-models is willing to fix these models (they are pretty much finished, but for that little detail making their arms stretch), as well as add the swords to the Tyrell and Arryn-ones - that would be very helpful.

Also, the Boltons and House Joffrey should get their own. So it would be very good if anyone here wanted to contribute to the mod by creating these models based on the units used in the mod. I could send you the files.

Work process:

Lannister/Stark strat-models - Needs their arms fixed when doing attack animations.

Arryn/Tyrell strat-models - Need swords added to them.

Bolton/Joffrey strat-models - needs to be created.

House Bolton has specific generals and captains one could use as a base.

House Joffrey could use the gold cloaks instead of using Lannister-ones.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 08, 2016 at 01:44 AM.

- The Havamal

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Well done man, glad too see progress has been made, especially as your working on this alone. I'm really lookig forward to the update especially if you can can recruit other faction units when their destroyed will be epic

PeaMan's Avatar Winter Is Coming

Posted that in wrong topic sorry

Quote Originally Posted by peaman View Post
    Well done man, glad too see progress has been made, especially as your working on this alone. I'm really lookig forward to the update especially if you can can recruit other faction units when their destroyed will be epic
    Thanks =), yes- but there are two other people who have contributed - and especially Vltimaratio did alot of work back in august and in september. All the new models are his work, the new textures and implementations of these things in custom battles and the campaign.

Another guy contributed with some pictures and descriptions. I think i may remake those into transparent pictures though.

And then i have done all the work after that - which is alot.

Regarding units:

Yes, Riverland, Westerland etc troops will be recruited only at their home regions - by whoever controls that region. There will also be two different region-specific units recruitable as mercs in all those regions.

At first i thought about making elites recruitable for everyone when holding a capital. But then i thought that would destroy the feeling you are actually playing as a specific house. The Romans didn't recruit Carthage's elite troops - but they sure did get access to the common soldiers and mercs -as an example.

Therefore i think the elites should be recruitable in all capital cities the player controls - but they will remain the elites of the faction you chose to play. It's only natural that the Boltons would have Bolton elites in all capitals and not only at the Dreadfort.

It would look weird if they used Stark elites.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 08, 2016 at 07:45 AM.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by peaman View Post
    Posted that in wrong topic sorry
    Yes, you did - and i answered in the wrong topic.

Let's continue this discussion there in the other thread if you have anything to write. Sending my regards.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; December 08, 2016 at 07:55 AM.

- The Havamal