Thread: A way to disallow Marius Reforms while allowing advanced buildings

Default A way to disallow Marius Reforms while allowing advanced buildings

Hello,

I enjoy the challenge of trying to defeat the map using pre-Marius units. Fighting fully developed Germans with Hastati is pretty intense . Is there a way to not allow the Reforms to occur while still allowing the Imperial Palace and other advanced buildings? Ideally, there would be a way to allow for some Praetorians, as I like to give my faction leader and faction heir each 2 units of Praetorians when they campaign. Other than that, I don't use the legionnaires.

I'm not sure if this would be a modding question or if there is something that I could just quickly edit. Thoughts?

Does anyone else like using the pre-Marius units for the entire game?

Thanks in advance!
    "Si muy grand tu pro puedes fazer, nol des vagar que se pueda perder."

Default Re: A way to disallow Marius Reforms while allowing advanced buildings

What was odd about the Reforms for me in my current game is that I am still allied with SPQR and when they built an Imperial Palace, I got the Reforms. Is that supposed to happen? I have nothing larger than the Pro Consul's Palace and don't want the Reforms.

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

As I understand the code it will be enough to remove from game all romans_julii units with conditions "and marian_reforms".

Example:
    recruit "carthaginian general's cavalry" 0 requires factions { carthaginian, } and marian_reforms
    in export_descr_buildings.txt file.

But just watch what units you sentry, many of them are post-marian variants of your enemies (like those Carthaginian's General above).

You may use ; to sentry them, like in this example

capability
    {
    recruit "roman generals cavalry early" 0 requires factions { romans_julii, } and not marian_reforms and hidden_resource home
    ; recruit "roman generals cavalry" 0 requires factions { romans_julii, } and marian_reforms and hidden_resource home
    recruit "barb chieftain cavalry dacian" 0 requires factions { dacia, }
    recruit "barb chieftain cavalry gaul" 0 requires factions { gauls, }
    recruit "barb chieftain cavalry german" 0 requires factions { germans, }
    recruit "barb british general briton" 0 requires factions { britons, }
    recruit "barb scythian general scythian" 0 requires factions { scythia, }
    recruit "carthaginian general's cavalry early" 0 requires factions { carthaginian, } and not marian_reforms
    recruit "carthaginian general's cavalry" 0 requires factions { carthaginian, } and marian_reforms

Thank you! This totally worked.