Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Anno Domini

Default Anno Domini

Before releasing the "full version" of Anno Domini mod this is a light version aimed to people who wanna play Vanilla style or use my work for their projects (just remember to give the due credits).

The difference with Vanilla are
    - a huger map (thanks and credits to the original work by Spurius)
    - 187 provinces
    - correct names of cities and regions
    - 2 turns for year
    - a rebel faction a bit stronger.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=944

New region map:

Default Re: Anno Domini

The full version (coming soon) will have:

Timeframe

1080-1580 with 2 turns for year. The growth of the settlements is already been worked out in the settlement xml file. The movement of land military units has been halved and together with the bigger map will avoid blitzkriegs (no Guderian and Rommel in middle-age... you know ). Movement of most agents and ships have been increased. Cost and construction time of all buildings have been multiplied by 4. Starting development of cities will be historically correct (so yes Constantinople will have Saint Sofia from the start).

Regions and Map

There will be about 200 provinces, historically correct for the date of campaign start (1080) and with their names in the language of the owners (possibly). The map is a reworking of Spurius' one (big thanks to him). Rebel regions will be noticeably stronger, if the Byzs want to conquer Bulgaria back they have to sweat like Basil II did (it's hard to be the Basileus).

Factions

There will be no countries (no sense in middle age, there was no concept of country in modern sense) but instead dinasties that will battle over the map, acquiring regions and titles linked with them.

Basically if the Plantagenets will kick the Capetians' ass they will become kings of England AND France, as they became kings of Scotland, Eire and Waled in reality... you see historically correct and gameplay solid.

So no more silly Denmark become the ruler of the world, it will be the dinasty who ruled Denmark which will get the titles he will conquer grabbing regions from others. Another example, the HRE will have the Welfs and Waiblings battle over the emperor crown.

Titles

There will be kingdom titles, which could be acquired just by the faction leader, and regional titles (count, duke, sheik, etc) which will be given to generals once they'll garrison a settlement for some minimum turns.
    Titles will be removed once the faction won't possess the region at the end of the turn.

Future Features

Victory Conditions
    They will be linked to the possess of capital regions and kingdom titles.

AI
    AI will be improved and tested.

New Units and Buildings
    Special units will be recruited possibily on a regional basis more than on a faction basis (so if Egypt will conquer Welsh it could recruit welsh longbows).
    Generals could be recruited by all the faction who will still possess one capitol region, no more unhistorical adoptions (they will be modded out completely).
    The most prominent buildings will be included into the hard coded limits (so if Capetians will posses Paris region they could build Notre Dame for example).

hmmm not gettin how we unpack the file into our Med2 folder... its not even letting me open the thing once i download it and is telling me to pick an appropriate program to open the file in.. any help on what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1002 View Post
    hmmm not gettin how we unpack the file into our Med2 folder... its not even letting me open the thing once i download it and is telling me to pick an appropriate program to open the file in.. any help on what to do?
    Getting winrar is a good start

Does your Mod include Spurius' newest map? 0.99I?

Quote Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
    Does your Mod include Spurius' newest map? 0.99I?
    I don't think so, I used one of the first he made but I modified it a lot so it's almost a completely different matter (but Spurius spared me the boring initial work so praise and kudos to him).

ok now whenever i try to start a campaign i get an error that closes the game. any idea what is wrong?

MacManus's Avatar Foederatus

possibilty that you relase also the text files (menu, unit description, etc) in this mod?

to avoid mixed languages in the game

I love your map!

Good to see Anno Domini back in the Mod Threads
    Last edited by Maizel; December 16, 2006 at 12:54 PM.

How easy will this map be to use with Candelarius' med 2 lite mod? Just a matter of sticking files in the right place and starting a new game?

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc1002 View Post
    ok now whenever i try to start a campaign i get an error that closes the game. any idea what is wrong?
    Probably an error using the modswitch, there's plenty of threads in these forums where to get help about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MacManus
    possibilty that you relase also the text files (menu, unit description, etc) in this mod?

to avoid mixed languages in the game
    Actually the only custom text file is the one with the names of regions and cities and they porpousely are in mixed languages.

A word of advice. The Mod is still VERY WIP, it should be playable but not balanced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Zhivago View Post
    How easy will this map be to use with Candelarius' med 2 lite mod? Just a matter of sticking files in the right place and starting a new game?
    Sincerely, I cannot know how my modifications can interfere with other people works. Mixing different mods requires basic modding knowledge.

I er, tried and failed. I agree, mixing mods likely does require a basic knowledge.

i got it now thanks for the help and i must say well done on the new regions im loving this mod.. keep up the good work!

I am haivng same problem as Havoc and have no idea where to go and what to do.

Can someone help?

And whats this modswitch people are talking about?
    Last edited by vito-andolini; December 16, 2006 at 01:26 PM.

somebody please help....

anybody?

Chech out the forum before asking quiestions, to see if there already is a similar quistion

The modswitcher is an excellent program made by a modder, which allows you to switch between different mods. I think you can download it under "hosted mods"...

At the totalwar.com there is forum, where you can get some technical quistions from some real pro's

Dude.

2 things.
    1-- There are absolutely NO rebels showing up. Anywhere.
    2-- The Aztecs faction is detroyed on turn one.

Otherwise, awesomeness!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast