* decreased cash bonus after battles
    * night battles
    * other minor changes
    - added new music, sounds and unit voices in battles, corrected accents
    - added ability to choose faction heir
    - added Unification of Norway hotfix
    - autosave turned off (causes errors)
    - rebalanced King's Purse for all factions
    - diplomacy improved (now you can't improve relations from 1 to 10 by giving 2000 florins)
    - lowered agents limit to 1
    - other minor changes and error corrections

Requirements:
    - Medieval II Total War with Kingdoms expansion with the newest patch
    - The Last Kingdom 3.06b torrent version.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xta1q42msbnvvcx/tLK+3.06b+to+4.0+patch.exe

Installation: download the 4.0 patch and install it over the clean, non modified 3.06b version of The Last Kingdom. During the installation confirm the removal of the text, sounds and rwm files.

Attention: the first run will take longer. If you do not like some music track, press alt + s twice, it will run new track.

THX for all tLK team for this marvelous mod

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Re: The Last Kingdom Unofficial 4.0 version

Oh man, this was bigger than i thought it would be! I can't just add it on-top of my mod.. I will need to add my mod on-top of this, and that will take some time due to all the scripted armies in this game that will need replacing again. Can't just replace the files as that will almost certainly not be compatible.

I will test your mod out though- seems like you fixed alot =).

Edit: What do you mean the autosave function causes errors?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 15, 2016 at 12:55 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

If you want to check what this patch is doing just install it to any other folder (e.g. d:\1) and don't confirm files removal. Total Commander has fine option - file comparison by their content.

Several people reported autosave crash in bugs thread.
    Last edited by -wino-; August 15, 2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -wino- View Post
    If you want to check what this patch is doing just install it to any other folder (e.g. d:\1) and don't confirm files removal. Total Commander has fine option - file comparison by their content.

Several people reported autosave crash in bugs thread.
    Okay, i check it up. Btw, you have some good music in there- but if you want to get rid of the vanilla music completely you need to remove all the vanilla songs in the Music-folder when extracting the songs. As it is currently there is a blend of vanilla songs and your new ones.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I know that, I left some vanilla tracks

I know that, I left some vanilla tracks
    Okay i see- why keep tracks of the vanilla game ?

- The Havamal

Because they are pretty cool in my opinion.

I'll see, anyway i have installed that program you mentioned and it will be a great help when trying to implement the fixed of the files. Thanks for the advice =). I will go throught all the files you mentioned in your bug-list later when i get the time. Then when i am done with that i can finish my sub-mod- but that will take awhile before i get the time unfortunately. But the program works great.

- The Havamal

Libertus

GJ on keeping this mod alive! Seeing a new version got me to start a new game No problems on the 1st 20 turns and the new features seem to work as intended so far.

I just finished a campaign as the Vikings- mostly clicking next turn all the time and autoresolving battles. I played one battle in rts-mode. It worked great =).

I will add my mod onto yours - as that seems to be the easiest thing to do. When i am done with adding all my finished work onto your unofficial version, then i will need to add some more stuff. Expect the Magyar faction to get a complete and full roster and possibly they will be playable from the start also.

- The Havamal

"Requirements:
    - The Last Kingdom 3.06b torrent version."

By this do you mean that if I downloaded the moddb version I cannot get the 4.0 patch?

I'm working on a sub-mod (well because of the content, I would call it a patch! xD) where there will be plenty of new features like new animations, new units and ships, new buildings, bonuses and unit statistics revised, new and modified scripts, new mercenaries, new ancillaries and traits and so on. Btw, I will need time because of very tough time constraints. Yet, I will release it later on, I already implemented some of the stuff. This wonderful mod deserves further work!

If anyone wants to join to speed up the process, please contact me in PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Malivamar View Post
    "Requirements:
    - The Last Kingdom 3.06b torrent version."

By this do you mean that if I downloaded the moddb version I cannot get the 4.0 patch?
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    I'm working on a sub-mod (well because of the content, I would call it a patch! xD) where there will be plenty of new features like new animations, new units and ships, new buildings, bonuses and unit statistics revised, new and modified scripts, new mercenaries, new ancillaries and traits and so on. Btw, I will need time because of very tough time constraints. Yet, I will release it later on, I already implemented some of the stuff. This wonderful mod deserves further work!

If anyone wants to join to speed up the process, please contact me in PM!

good news

good

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Nice support for the mod, thank you.

Does anyone know how to get this working on mac? I have installed everything using wine and I get crashes whenever I it tries to load a battle.

Hello man! I was trying to add your fixes manually to my submod but now the campaign won't start. I added the following changes:

"coordinates for spawn army in campaign_script.txt, campaign_script.txt: few errors, deleted few units so it was not more than 21 in one army, fixed some general names, trait sailor changed to Sailor, words "family" was in wrong places, export_descr_ancillaries.txt: 2 errors, export_descr_character_traits.txt: 6 errors."

"diplomacy.txt - {DDS_REJECT_HIGH}Completely Not Interested, {DDS_REJECT_LOW}Slightly Not Interested
    export_units.txt - {Saerhwyr}Saethwyr; removed info about stakes
    export_VnVs.txt - {Hofdingi}Höfðingi; and added this line: {Hofdingi_gain_desc}This man became a Höfðingi.
    strat.txt - added 2 missing lines: {SMT_SIEGE_DURATION_WHILST_UNDER_SIEGE} ... and {SMT_SIEGE_DURATION_WHILST_NOT_UNDER_SIEGE}...
    export_descr_character_traits.txt - Trigger random_birth21 occured twice
    descr_diplomacy.xml - fixed line with <item name = "offer_payment"> and now you can't buy better relations for only 2000 florins
    export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt - added voices for all units
    EDU - added accents and fixed voice_type for some units; fixed errors where some units has class skirmish (Magyars for example and this caused the problem)
    descr_names.txt - missing one name in wessex womens
    lack of spain in descr_sounds_accents.txt
    error in EDB in first building type (in levels, costs and settlement_min)
    completed incomplete export_descr_sounds_prebattle.txt"

This is the error-log:

Code:
    18:57:31.628 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10386, column 31 :we should only have trait(Military_Rank) additional affects for triggers(Clean_up_Heirs_if_ME1_or_ME201)
    18:57:31.628 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10386, column 31 :
    we should only have trait(Military_Rank) additional affects for triggers(Clean_up_Heirs_if_ME1_or_ME201)
    18:57:31.628 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10399, column 31 :
    we should only have trait(Military_Rank) additional affects for triggers(Clean_up_Emperors_if_ME1_or_ME201)
    18:57:31.628 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10399, column 31 :
    we should only have trait(Military_Rank) additional affects for triggers(Clean_up_Emperors_if_ME1_or_ME201)
    18:57:31.629 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10837, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    18:57:31.629 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10837, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    18:57:31.629 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10925, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    18:57:31.629 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10925, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    18:57:31.629 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10926, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    18:57:31.629 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10926, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    18:57:31.629 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10936, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    18:57:31.629 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10936, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    18:57:31.629 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10937, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    18:57:31.630 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10937, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    18:57:31.630 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10949, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    18:57:31.630 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10949, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    18:57:31.630 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10950, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    18:57:31.630 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10950, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    18:57:31.630 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10991, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    18:57:31.630 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10991, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    18:57:31.637 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15399, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(Ratcatcher) additional affects for triggers(bard_ratcatcher_lose)
    18:57:31.637 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15399, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(Ratcatcher) additional affects for triggers(bard_ratcatcher_lose)
    18:57:31.638 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16189, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    18:57:31.639 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16189, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    18:57:31.639 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16190, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    18:57:31.639 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16190, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    18:57:31.639 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16199, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    18:57:31.639 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16199, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    18:57:31.639 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16242, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    18:57:31.639 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16242, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    18:57:31.639 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16243, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    18:57:31.640 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16243, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    18:57:31.640 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16252, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    18:57:31.640 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16252, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    18:57:31.719 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 977, column 11
    Could'n find ancillary name string <heir_crown>.
    18:57:31.719 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 981, column 17
    Could'n find ancillary description string <heir_crown_desc>.
    18:57:31.719 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 982, column 24
    Could'n find ancillary effect description string <heir_crown_effects_desc>.
    18:58:27.481 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.481 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.488 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.537 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.537 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.542 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.588 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.588 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.632 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.638 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.638 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.645 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.701 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.701 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.707 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.707 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.714 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.769 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.769 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.773 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.810 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.810 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.815 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.866 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.866 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.871 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.909 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.909 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.937 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.942 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.942 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.980 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:27.985 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:27.985 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:27.991 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:28.047 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:28.047 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:28.097 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <becomesheir> fired
    18:58:28.195 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0300K_new_faction_leader> fired
    18:58:28.195 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <factionleader> fired
    18:58:30.419 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0008_UI_Panel_Construction_Tab_Trigger> fired
    18:58:34.188 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.
    I have no idea what happened, so I am exiting now.
    The mod starts but CTD:s whenever trying to enter the campaign - I did a mistake of not backing up most of the files mentioned above. I only backed up the scripts, EDA, second edit of EDCT and possibly one other file. Which means i didn't back up the first edit of the EDCT which may be the cause of it.

Edit: I have now added all your changes to txt-files - but the campaign still won't start?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; February 04, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

This could be the culprit, the entries for this ancillary are missing in text\export_ancillaries:
    18:57:31.719 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 977, column 11
    18:57:31.719 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 981, column 17
    18:57:31.719 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 982, column 24

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This could be the culprit, the entries for this ancillary are missing in text\export_ancillaries:
    I don't think it has anything to do with the changes made. I found an old version on my external harddrive and it didn't work on it neither. I am playing the mod on my win 10 laptop - it did work fine on my old stational win 7 computer though. Do you know why it may work on one computer but not on another when moving the folders? It's very weird, as custom battles etc works just fine.

I did a mistake of removing most of my work yesterday in belief it was the cause. But now it would seem the original version didn't work neither, unlike on the old computer.

- The Havamal

Blog Entries

Can't think of a reasonable cause why it would work on one machine and not on the other. Have you tried running a different mod?
    I am assuming you did a simple copy\paste operation when moving the mod's folder?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast