Thread: High Elves - Bellthandien???

Default High Elves - Bellthandien???

So I loaded up my HE campaign (3.2 vanilla) and a notification pops down and informs me that Bellthandien has died a noble death in battle. Sad news indeed. But I have no recollection of this happening so I reloaded to a previous save to find out who and where this poor sod was but the same notification lands down when I loaded that save, and then again with a different save from further back and also there's no sign of him. So I don't have any characters called Bellthandien. Also, the picture on the notification is Haldir (I think).

If it's a script thing that's fine but it shows up every time I reload, all on different turn numbers. Also, I loaded a different HE campaign and the notification doesn't pop in that one. So does anyone know what this is?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, first time posting.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: High Elves - Bellthandien???

That's a new one hehe, never ehard before.

You might not had some very old agent around with that name?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Haha, I also have never heard of that happening. I did have cases where my ringbearer would suspiciously disappear but that was just him getting assassinated and the notification not popping up (only appearing in Faction Announcements).

Is there still a family tree function in TATW? You could open the family tree and see if you did have one/whose son he was/ and if i remember correctly sometimes it even says what turn they died/where/how/who they were fighting? (don't recall precise details).

Artifex

One thing I come to think of is when a faction has no generals bodyguard unit and a family member comes of age but that shouldn't be missing in vanilla TA 3.2, should it? And it doesn't explain the appearance of this mystery in all loaded saces of your campaign.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

There is the family tree feature and I checked it on the other saves along with the agent lists and army lists and this dude doesn't exist!

Maltacus - I have plenty of generals scattered around my towns but are you saying that a general coming of age can die if there is no general in that town or no general in your entire faction?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Maltacus View Post
    One thing I come to think of is when a faction has no generals bodyguard unit and a family member comes of age but that shouldn't be missing in vanilla TA 3.2, should it? And it doesn't explain the appearance of this mystery in all loaded saces of your campaign.
    Mhm, vauge recollection of an issue like that, not a case for vanilla TATW though, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Age View Post
    Maltacus - I have plenty of generals scattered around my towns but are you saying that a general coming of age can die if there is no general in that town or no general in your entire faction?
    No, what Maltacus means is that if there is no dedicated generic bodyguard unit for the faction in the files (while all starting generals have custom bodyguards, like Imrahil in Gonodor having Swan Knights instead of the designated BG), then when a new general is supposed to emerge, the game do not know what unit to give him, and thus he auto-dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Age View Post
    There is the family tree feature and I checked it on the other saves along with the agent lists and army lists and this dude doesn't exist!
    Well, as long as it's not game breaking, just as well merely ignore it and play on - and just remember Bellthandien in your heart, this Unknown Soldier, who no doubt gave his life, and deserves a memorial.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

No, what Maltacus means is that if there is no dedicated generic bodyguard unit for the faction in the files (while all starting generals have custom bodyguards, like Imrahil in Gonodor having Swan Knights instead of the designated BG), then when a new general is supposed to emerge, the game do not know what unit to give him, and thus he auto-dies.
    - I haven't played with Gondor yet but would Elrond be an example since he has Eldinarwe Spearmen instead of Eldinarwe Nobles like all other HE Generals?

Well, as long as it's not game breaking, just as well merely ignore it and play on - and just remember Bellthandien in your heart, this Unknown Soldier, who no doubt gave his life, and deserves a memorial.
    - It doesn't appear to have changed anything so I'll plough on. And my firstborn will just have to accept they are named Bellthandien and get over it. That man died for us, dammit!