Thread: A question on General age limits

Default A question on General age limits

Ive been poking around on old threads trying to find a way to extend the lifespan of general/hero units(such as doing so for specific factions like the elves and so on), and I've found a couple of posts on the topic explaining that it is possible but it would effect ALL generals of all factions rather than being able to be faction specific. I've been looking around but cant seem to find out anything concrete on how you would go about doing this. Im basically just looking for something to extend general lifespans and I wouldn't mind having to change the lifespans of all faction generals either, I just am not sure on how to do so, or sure if it is even possible.

Ive seen it said around that there is a hard-coded limit of 150 years with generals dying at age 120, but ive also seen several people post that it is possible to change the limit to 500 or 999, but the posts aren't entirely clear on how to do so. any help or pointing in the right direction would be really appreciated. Much thanks

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: A question on General age limits

Quote Originally Posted by bortlemacintosh View Post
    Ive been poking around on old threads trying to find a way to extend the lifespan of general/hero units(such as doing so for specific factions like the elves and so on), and I've found a couple of posts on the topic explaining that it is possible but it would effect ALL generals of all factions rather than being able to be faction specific. I've been looking around but cant seem to find out anything concrete on how you would go about doing this. Im basically just looking for something to extend general lifespans and I wouldn't mind having to change the lifespans of all faction generals either, I just am not sure on how to do so, or sure if it is even possible.

Ive seen it said around that there is a hard-coded limit of 150 years with generals dying at age 120, but ive also seen several people post that it is possible to change the limit to 500 or 999, but the posts aren't entirely clear on how to do so. any help or pointing in the right direction would be really appreciated. Much thanks
    the hardcoded limit is 150 which is what TATW set it to
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: A question on General age limits

120 is however optional [in what file I no longer recall], naturally (it's about 60 IIRC in M2).

What is mentioned sounds like folk may confuse the amount of turns lived, and the amount of years lived, and that can make for a completly different calculation.
    With a setting of 12 turns/year, a single character who becomes 120 will lived for 1440 turns*, and 1248 of them as a mature [with a setting of maturity at the age of 16].

EDIT: *if 1 year old at start, or if born during the campaign
    Last edited by Ngugi; August 15, 2016 at 03:28 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory