Thread: This mod is absolutely amazing

Default This mod is absolutely amazing

Ive been looking for a good medieval mod for a long time, ive played Bellum Crusis 7 (horrible battles, badly scripted) Stainless Steel (feels too much vanilla like, but I had some fun with it) now I tried installing this mod with all the BB and Western Units submod and I have to say I nearly quited and deleted everything because the instalation instructions are absolutely horrible but I found my own way how to make the game work and so far I have to say that Im enjoying the hell out of it. Playing on Normal as Teutonic Order, after tuns of turns of learning what am I actually supposed to do I was able to capture two rebel cities. Now I just hope the AI with their huge stacks wont just send all their units at me ( talking mainly about lithuanians) while I stabilaze my economy to be able to take them on. Had an amazing battle where Armenians suddenly attacked my castle in south for no reason, where I had almost no units, but because they only build one siege rammer and one ladder I was able to hold them back, destroy their rammer then open the gates for them where I got their huge army of spear stuck while defending only with my poor peasant archers and one spear unit while I was trying to hammer anvil strike them with my general unit. Fortunately for me after I killed their general their moral dropped and their army routed. I may had abused the AI a bit but damn, it was one of the most amazing battles I ever had with medieval.

Too bad nobody is no longer developing this mod, it literally feels like playing medieval 3, thats how it is advanced.

Default Re: This mod is absolutely amazing

No. Not quite. The units overhaul is really messed up, knights and longbowmen only showing up when you zoom in. Because of this it's not fun to play at all.

Never experienced that problem but if so then its really a problem of the reskin mod right

We see. I finally got it installed right (yes. I totally screwed up the first install). Also installed the Unit Overhaul in the DLV_BB, but I kept the DLV_ext and didn't install the UO. Haven't played a battle yet in BB, but once I do I'll post my findings.

I tried doing custom battles witg longbows and knight and had no issues what so ever, Im quite mad that I spend few week trying to play as Teutonic Order then read its the hardest one and def not a good starting faction for a new player. Anyway after hours of hard work and constant reloads I finally got rid of Lithuania and now I can just hope nobody will attack me untill ill be able to repair the damage the war did on my economy. Also my biggest ally HRE is getting crushed from all sides and I feel like the ends is comming, might just try playing as Byzantine Empire but I have to say that their starting position is quite confusing and I dont know which way to go first.