Thread: The United Factions

Default The United Factions

To the People of Serveria

As many of you know, The people of Cornwall have been working diligently on a project we have come to refer to as the UF Building, based off of the Reichstag in Berlin. It will serve many purposes including but not limited to housing:

1. The United Factions
    2. The United Factions High Court
    3. The Western Trade Alliance
    4. The Cornish Parliament
    5. The Interfactional Monetary Fund
    6. A Server Museum

On the subject of the United Factions

I Have taken it upon myself to found and coordinate this international entity. I do this not for power grabs, or anything like that, but to encourage diplomacy, a wee bit of roleplaying, and get the community to interact. In no way however do I intend the United Factions to limit wars and such, but rather be an entity and place to manage them through treaties and such between the factions. Each nation with two players or more will have a seat in the United Factions General Assembly room. While each nation is not required to attend, it would be highly recommended to participate. Assemblies would be held once a week with delegates assembling in the factional teamspeak to which there will be a channel. Meetings in the teamspeak would be run by the General Secretary (by default me, but if the United Factions does chose I will step down for an elected official), and those with the floor would unmute their mics to speak their business

On the Subject of the United Factions High Court

In the Server, many wars are fought. The UF High Court would be a chamber to conduct treaties and other such war related businesses by a neutral entity (the UF) between the belligerents. Any neutral party available could conduct the court.

On the subject of the Western Trade Alliance

Currently, between the nations of Marienstadt, the DOK, and the Dwarves, a trade alliance has been formed to trade and barter with goods, coin, and labor. This chamber would be the conducting room for such business between these nations

On the Subject of the Cornish Parliament

This will be a hall dedicated to Cornish procedures for Cornish citizens and Marienstadt only, such as zoning of city embassies and inter-state relations in Marienstadt

On the subject of the International Monetary Fund

This entity would be a bank of sorts for any who wished to apply. Loans would be given in terms of coin and gold if a nation's credit was good enough standing with acting members.

On the Subject of the Server Museum

Many factions have long histories spanning literal years, and many have spoken of writing tales of the years down. This museum would be a housing for artifacts, manuscripts, and other items deemed to hold server importance such as the testamoat, faction histories, etc. For placement in the museum, factions/people would contact me.

If anybody has questions, I would be glad to answer them. Once the building is finished I will commence UF operations

-Count of the Corn, Acting UF General Secretary, CrazyCalifornian

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: The United Factions

Good stuff, may it be far more effective than the actual UN! Aquilans are prepared to serve as glorious peacekeepers if necessary.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Thank you kats, but my intention is for the UF not to be a peacekeeping force. It will be a neutral entity in all conflicts so that it may fairly handle war treaties between belligerents.

I would like to borrow $1,000,000,000 please. Burgess can vouch that I'm good for it.

We're looking forward to dictate the surrender of the heretic and pathetic traitorous Remusdictate of Neils1313 in your building when our war of glorious conquest against those evil mushrekeen is finished!

The Global Community welcomes a UF as long as it cooperates with the GC. I, as potentate and king of the Global Community, will look into this matter.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can I get a veto so I can ride bears shirtless and invade eastern european nations like Putin?

Seriously though this seems like a nifty enterprise. I'll be playing next week, building a wall. (*Cough* Trumpus Maximus *Cough*). Constantinople was always an international, multicultural city and we would gladly host a "UF" building.

The D.P.R.M. welcomes this initiative and hopes that it'll help bring stability to this chaotic world.We'll happily participate if allowed.

I'm sorry Tzomas, but the uf building is already almost complete in Cornwall. Thank you for the offer though.

Maybe some consulate or some such

While construction is ongoing of the UF Building, I would ask that factions over time please send me your artifacts, manuscripts, flags, etc. These will all be placed in the museum and archives (the tower section of the museum). For Manuscripts (Histories, religious texts, etc.) please send 2 copies. One will be for display, the other for deep storage to preserve them in case of damage to the public copies.

Commencement of UF Business

As of September 7, 2016, United Factions business will commence. At 6:00 PST on that date, the first legislature will be held. All factions are encouraged to send 1 representative. Representatives will be teleported to the United Factions building and teleported back once the session closes. I encourage factions to bring legislation in the form of written books (not signed) for any business they wish to conduct. For any questions, please contact me through steam or ask in the thread. The date and time may be changed if people request so as to boost attendance.

Sincerely,

Acting General Secretary Ancalagon1 (CrazyCalifornian)

As it turns out, I cannot do wednesday at that time. I'm just going to list some times and I need feedback as to what works best for everyone. All times are Pacific Standard Time

Thurday 6:00-11:00 PM
    Friday 11:00-12:00 PM
    Saturday 7:00-12:00 AM
    Saturday 11:00-1200 PM