Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Next 2 faction slots

Default Re: Next 2 faction slots

Finally, a worthy challenge!

Seeing that EBII isn't such a difficult mod, perhaps adding one faction to spice up the late game for the player.

For instance, lets call that faction Civil War, since there were decent amount of civil wars in this time period, there could be a script monitoring how close to victory conditions player is, if close enough, script would trigger and take about half of provinces player has (with refreshed recruitment options), as well as half of its troops and give it to Civil War faction. Some family memebers could also defect to this faction. With this, player is gifted a late game challenge.

Plus side of Civil War faction is that no new units are needed while minus side is that some serious scripting skill is.

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blob View Post
    Seeing that EBII isn't such a difficult mod, perhaps adding one faction to spice up the late game for the player.

For instance, lets call that faction Civil War, since there were decent amount of civil wars in this time period, there could be a script monitoring how close to victory conditions player is, if close enough, script would trigger and take about half of provinces player has (with refreshed recruitment options), as well as half of its troops and give it to Civil War faction. Some family memebers could also defect to this faction. With this, player is gifted a late game challenge.

Plus side of Civil War faction is that no new units are needed while minus side is that some serious scripting skill is.
    yes, this game is easy, but the problem regard m2tw, not eb2, also i'm playing m2tw and various mod from the release, so obviously is easy...

but i think that a civil war script don't make the game harder, make the game annoiyng

Raffula's Avatar Libertus

a possible way to make an "hard trigger" near vicory condition is create a script similar to realm divide of sghogun2, with a brek down of reputation and diplomacy and all the faction declare war to you, also with naval invasion in your home land far from borders..
    but i think a civil war is annoying and frustating..
    low loyalty and low public order can generate a revolt without a script, if i make a good gestion of my empire i don't want a spice only for scripting motivation

Hallo, any news? Has the team decided which factions add to the game?

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by andrea.bettini View Post
    Hallo, any news? Has the team decided which factions add to the game?
    There has been a decision regarding one of the slots. What that decision is will be revealed... Sometime in the future.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

All you're doing now is making yourself a target for an obduction leading to a most brutal interrogation
    Tell us, make it easy for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    There has been a decision regarding one of the slots. What that decision is will be revealed... Sometime in the future.
    Attention all passengers, Hype Train now leaving the station. ALL ABOARD!

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    All you're doing now is making yourself a target for an obduction leading to a most brutal interrogation
    Tell us, make it easy for yourself.
    ??? Obduction ???

*Googling*

Obduction: geologic process in which the edge of a tectonic plate consisting of oceanic crust is thrust over the edge of an adjacent plate consisting of continental crust.

Yeah no. I don't think I have to be very afraid of such a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by bendsley View Post
    Attention all passengers, Hype Train now leaving the station. ALL ABOARD!
    KEINE BREMSEN!!!
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

The Schulzzug reaching EB? Oh my Gottkanzler
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

??? Obduction ???

*Googling*

Obduction: geologic process in which the edge of a tectonic plate consisting of oceanic crust is thrust over the edge of an adjacent plate consisting of continental crust.

Yeah no. I don't think I have to be very afraid of such a threat.

KEINE BREMSEN!!!
    Being a grammar (spelling) Nazi won't save you. Tell us
    Last edited by Rad; March 24, 2017 at 08:24 PM.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

I'm still hoping for one of the factions being Skordiskoi.

KEINE BREMSEN!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher Kaiser View Post
    Gottkanzler
    Nichts versteschen...
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Faction colour of Ardiaei and Comagene will be light blue or true blue? BTW I had beautiful dream last night, of some desert battle between camillian romans versus some hellenized persians, 40 units vs 40 units.
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Faction colour of Ardiaei and Comagene will be light blue or true blue?
    No, those colours are reserved for Kibyra and Kastabala, two great powers of Anatolia.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Still hoping for Meroe Or at least no more smelly barbarians...
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Brihentin13's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm guessing the Belgae will be the next faction. I love Celts, so that suits me fine. I am mildly concerned about the impact of having more factions in that area, but I suppose its only fair. Most other factions have to deal with something of a battle royale right from the start(especially poor Pontos or Pergamon) so its probably about time Gaul got a bit more dynamic. Really, if you kill off your counterpart faction early on(Aedui or Aruenoi), you have free reign to conquer all of France before you get into it with Rome, the Suebi, or somebody in Iberia. Oddly enough, I've yet to have to fight the Areukoi. It's always the Lusitanians who hate me for some reason.

Moving on to faction two, I have no idea what the EB team has up their sleeve. Caledonia or maybe the Goidelis would be cool, but I don't know about the historical viablity of turning those regions into real power players. I would love the Skordisoi, but there really is no room there. I'm not really very well educated with regards to pre-colonial African history, so there's probably something else cool there that I don't know about that could be an interesting faction, although the problem with another African faction would be having to take land away from Ptolemy, Carthage, or Numidia. Really, space wise, it seems to me that the places with the most room to put someone are northern Britain, Germany, and Russia.

Free Kekistan

My suggestions are first Syracuse or Massalia. Syracuse I understand it can be complicated to add it there but Massalia seems a viable option. The Belgae is most likely the faction that have been decided already but I don't really care about the barbarians in this kind of games xd Either than those I can't really think of something historical that would be interesting to add at this time given the current campaign map and factions in the game. Maybe a bit less historical but plausible, a native Egyptian rebel faction would be interesting as there was quite some rebellion attempts although they failed.

I actually forgot about an interesting one that is of course Cyrene.

a second germanic faction would be way cool.

Some south african faction or syracuse would be good

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast