Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [INFO & ANNOUNCEMENT] WotN: Grand Campaign

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen: 2016 New Release [INFO & ANNOUNCEMENT]

That Mr_Nygren, is some really great news! Looking forward to the release

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

Mr_Nygren
    Where did you get Polans units names from? And why you put roman ship model into viking era mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    WINO has done the following:

Fixed some errors (i don't know exactly how many) in the vnvs, traits and ancillaries-file.

2. Removed anti-traits i think.

3. Pointed out over 30 errors in the names-file, and some more errors in the ancillaries-file that will need to be fixed.

Unfortunately I didn't remove anti-traits.
    Last edited by -wino-; January 04, 2017 at 12:08 PM.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Hellvard View Post
    Mr_Nygren
    Where did you get Polans units names from? And why you put roman ship model into viking era mod?
    Polans?

I'd thought the Danube Limes-models were fitting for WotN Imperium Romanorum, Magyars, Polanie and Karelia.

I asked permission and Darius said he didn't think anything would happen to East of Rome (EoR) so he saw no reason why others couldn't enhance their mods with the EoR-content - as for the ship it looked like something the Romans used in Viking-times.

Edit: The names belonged to the Sclhlavenes faction from Danube Limes, the East of Rome- released BETA - that's why the names are slavic and not polish.

And Rome is in the game -it just hasn't that many regions. Far down on the map you'll see Venice surrounded by Franks on all sides - and east you have the Crimea still under roman control as well as another settlement.

Second edit:

The Eastern Roman Empire survived, but they called themselves Imperium Romanorum (the Roman Empire), therefore it's the Eastern Romans with the Roman Empire-name.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; January 04, 2017 at 03:33 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Hello guys - just wanted to say that i plan on replacing the rosters of Wesex, Imperium Romanorum, Guynet/Gwynedd, Muma/Munster and possibly Alba - then i will also improve on the rosters of Northumbria and possibly some Viking factions. I have already added the same roster i plan to use for Gwynedd onto TLK:WotN, Wessex will get the units Mercia have as well as some others - and the TLK-units will not be included as official units even if i may leave them in the files. For Muma and Alba i also have fiting units that could replace the TLK-units - even though they may be too few for Alba. Northumbria has a few new ones that i will add. Impeium Romanorum will get the Maurekian roster of EOR: The Danube Limes replaced with the Thematic roster of EoR.

I also do have other plans in the future for more factions but i need to w8 on TGC for those rosters to be used - those plans include the factions of the Gardariki' RUS, the Magyars, Great Moravian Empire, the Francs and possibly exra units for others. Also, the Byzantine Empire could always use some additional troops or siege engines from TGC whenever they are available - as the EoR thematic roster didn't have all the units of a Thematic army. But it did have most.

But i'll start re-working those i mentioned first as they are available for use now. I just have to finish my TLK:WotN sub-mod and then i can re-work those factions. Also, portraits for Northumbria has been updated for Northumbria in this mod as well. I may first do a releaseable version of this mod with units included that i have the right to use in a released mod. Then i can add the TGC-units for a personal "more proper version" while i w8 for TGC to first get released - as i have permission to use the TGC units after it has been released but not before.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; April 21, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

@Mr_Nygren How's the modding going?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick View Post
    @Mr_Nygren How's the modding going?
    I need to finish my submod for TLK before doing this, but i am currently busy on other projects. When done with TLK:WotN i at the same time will be done with some of the planned factions for this mod - it's just i will need to port the models. Currently this mod is using TLK-models but they aren't good enough for many of the factions and do look too much vanilla - the exception being some elite units of the Vikings and Saxons.

I want to keep WotN more dark, and unlike my submod it will therefore try to replace the TLK-models entirely.

- The Havamal

If this starts at 876 shouldn't Halfdan still rule the danelaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Swarmmind View Post
    If this starts at 876 shouldn't Halfdan still rule the danelaw?
    Read the description at moddb for Northumbria plz.

- The Havamal

this seems very good

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperorRafik View Post
    this seems very good
    Yeah, the main problem is it isn't stable.

- The Havamal

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen: Full Release [INFO & ANNOUNCEMENT]

Awesome news:

I just read that War of the West is allowing the use of their units in other mods (has been permitted since may, but i read it just now - i once thought of using them back in march but it wasn't permitted so i had to abandon the idea.), allowing for The Last Kingdom: Wrath of the Norsemen and Wrath of the Norsemen: Grand Campaign to use the Ireland roster for Munster/Muma and some of the older scotish units for Alba.

- England in that mod is too modern for the Viking Age, and so is most of the Scottish roster - but at least the Irish will get a new cool roster and scots will get a few units.

Btw, the unit creator of Wrath of the Norsemen - Absinthia - had been credited for base-models in War of the West, so the style of all those units are reminiscent of the style in use by WotN - as the basemodels were probably WotN units for some of the more savage units in that mod. The Irish really looks like WotN style but improved.

My plan is to replace TLK-rosters in the Grand Camaign, due to Absinthias wishes of keeping a certain darker style - i will also do this because i agree it looks better. TGC has this style as well, as Absinthia made units in that mod as well - and WotN have permission from him to use his work from TGC - unfortunately not before it's released so the new Gardariki, Normans and Franks will be implemented later:

For now though - we will use the WotW units for Ireland and parts of the Albian roster, and then we will also implement Absinthias Romano-British units for Gwynedd, and the East of Rome Thematic roster for Imperium Romanorum.

As for the Romans we will in the future add additional TGC units, as the EoR Thematic roster is kinda unfinished and lacks the siege engines TGC has, as well as some of the actual Thematic units. Also, a few of the units do look outdated compared to TGC-ones as they most likely were the base-models of the TGC-units.

- But a few units are really awesome, mostly elites such as the Varangian Guards - so i do believe Imperium Romanorum will in the end have the best of EoR and TGC Romans - the TGC team was actually in parts part of the EoR team, so i believe the EoR Romans have horses from them. I hope we could get permission to implement TGC units immedieately for East of Rome: Main campaign as well, but as it's not really ready yet - i still think it would not be ready in months. But a permission to include TGC units in EoR right now would speed up that project as well.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 28, 2017 at 07:26 PM.

- The Havamal

Here is my update:

"
    I am currently working on it finishing the music for the Imperium Romanorum - i have also recently merged the music from TLK:WotN with the music in WotN. - So the british isles have their unique tracks and Ireland too.

- I've added names to Romans, added portraits to Romans from Thematic era, fixed issues but not all and will after i am done with the roman music probably focus on the Warcraft mod as i have a big amount of units there to implement now.

- Then i will go back to check all 198 settlements in this mod that the right music plays at every settlement, then change the names of some settlements, then upgrade some settlements to towns/large towns and cities - and after that i will need to replace the Gwynedd and Roman rosters.

Gwynedd is currently using the TLK roster, but i want them to use the Romano-British from Absinthia. And the Romans are using the Danube Limes roster, but i want them to use the Main Campaign Thematic one instead.

- Then i also need to implement new units for saxons replacing the TLK roster, new units for Alba replacing some of their TLK units and then Gall'Gaidhell will get a new roster based on War of the Wests "Kingdom of the Isles".

- After all that i would still need to implement all the scripts from WotN and apply them to all the ten new factions as well, and then after that we have the custom settlements left.

- I probably want to include strat-map models also for roman cities and british isles cities - and new unique agents for most factions.

After all that i believe a release might not be that far away.

Edit: I will also need to balance the new factions, as some are overpowered.

- I will compare Romans with Franks, Saxons with Franks, Irish/Gall'Gaidhaill with Vikings, Alba with Vikings and Kvänland, and Gwynedd with Franks (elites) and Kvänland (basics/medium)."

Also, i've uploaded some pictures of my playtesting as the Romans.

Horsa: If you have some work done that i haven't please share. I started to work on this after you showed up as i got interested in providing a better version. While it might crash once in awhile when ending turns, i still think and hope it is entirely possible to just restart and continue playing the mod. At least this worked for the Romans up to turn 45 (where i stoped playing).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-10-26 07-33-55-176.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 05-24-10-618.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 05-24-19-510.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 05-24-29-578.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 05-24-34-396.jpg  

kingdoms 2017-10-27 05-28-48-896.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 05-39-05-240.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 07-56-55-631.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 07-56-59-641.jpg   kingdoms 2017-10-27 08-07-37-212.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 29, 2017 at 06:37 PM.

- The Havamal

Roman music finished, i've also added the music used by the Huns in DBM for the Magyars - the Romans are using the best of three different mods, and i've also edited the tracks in order to only use the best parts of each song. The campaign music wasn't edited though. Mods are DBM, EoR and Arthurian Total War for Rome Total War.

- The Havamal

Incredible!! Keep up the good work. This mod has been on my radar for a long time now. It would be a dream come true for it to come out

I hope Horsa can finalize a more stable version as mine is too unstable for players - I could enjoy it but restarting the mod very often is something the usual player would not like to do - even though it always works a couple of turns after each restart.

- TLK:WotN will be completed first as it's stable.

A shame Romans aren't in it.

- The Havamal

I cannot open the WOTN 3.1 beta .rar file, it says that the file is damaged. What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by GavmerofEvropa View Post
    I cannot open the WOTN 3.1 beta .rar file, it says that the file is damaged. What do I do?
    Hi there,

are you using WINRAR? If not, try it out - it's free.
    Otherwise your download is corrupted and you have
    to re-download the file. (It is best to have no other
    download running in parallel and you should ensure
    that your Internet connection is stable.)

Cheers,

Aphain

Quote Originally Posted by Aphain View Post
    Hi there,

are you using WINRAR? If not, try it out - it's free.
    Otherwise your download is corrupted and you have
    to re-download the file. (It is best to have no other
    download running in parallel and you should ensure
    that your Internet connection is stable.)

Cheers,

Aphain
    I do have WinRAR, no downloads running on parallel, internet is stable, and I've already re-downloaded it 2 times, yet it still comes up with the same problem, I'll try it thrice now.

Quote Originally Posted by GavmerofEvropa View Post
    I do have WinRAR, no downloads running on parallel, internet is stable, and I've already re-downloaded it 2 times, yet it still comes up with the same problem, I'll try it thrice now.
    Hi there,

for me it works perfectly. Are you downloading the correct file from: http://www.moddb.com/mods/wrath-of-t...elease-beta-30 ?

Cheers,

Aphain

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast