Thread: Question about region editing (changing Region ownership)

Default Question about region editing (changing Region ownership)

Hey.

I wonder, what do i have to edit if i want to change ownership of a region?
    Im thinking of tinkering with the secessionist settlements for the neutral start mod (give them to middenland, marienburg and wissenland) but when i try the game just crash on startup.
    Even giving fort ober. to schwartzhafen (however its spelled) with no other changes just crashes the game on startup.

So im thinking there's more i need to edit. And yes i sorted faction capital box too.

Default Re: Question about region editing (changing Region ownership)

It took me a while as I did more than just swap things around. I have successfully put Azhag in Troll country as head of the Skullsmasherz clan and given them Zoishenk (which I renamed to Azhag's lair). This meant that the Skullsmasherz usual home went to the other Orc clan in the Western Mountains. I also stuck Kemmler in Mousillon and Ungrim in Kadrin for good measure. Now obviously this involved a lot more changes than yours since you won't be altering culture, however I have a fair idea what you need to look at.

The first table to go after is obviously start_pos_regions. I think you've done this. All you should need to do is change the ownership to whichever empire sub-culture you want.

Next I would look at start_pos_characters_to_settlements. If there are any Separatist characters assigned to these three settlements this could be where your problem lies. You probably can't just delete them though, since they will start with units....so

You'll need to figure out their names then dive into start_pos_land_units and remove and lines of the table that reference the Seccessionist characters. Once you've deleted these you should be able to go back to the above and remove them from the characters to settlements table.

Finally you'll also find them in start_pos_characters, probably wise to remove them from here too.

Hopefully with no characters being assigned to provinces they no longer own you should be able to reassign these to whoever you feel like (within the Empire, once you go inter-culture it gets more complicated).

I guess another option however would actually be to change the ownership of the characters as well. That might be simpler, probably worth a try. Just alter their faction in start_pos_characters to the same faction you change their particular province too, might work...

Hope that all makes sense and is helpful. One other thing, I would always restart BOB between creations of startpos esf files. It may just be me but for some reason if I don't it can cause crashes even when the file actually works after a BOB restart.

Now I'm off to try and figure out why Azhag and Kemmler keep committing suicide in their new start positions....along with Ungrim they all keep immediately attacking things (in Azhags case the whole of Kislev). and getting themselves and their factions dead. Kadrin generally survives since there is noone around to actually take it, so they bumble along with a replacement, non-suicidal, lord until Ungrim pops back up again but for some reason these LL's when not player controlled are frikkin' psychos!

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Thread moved from the main WARHAMMER Workshop forum.

Thanks for the input Arayel, will look into this come this weekend

Sessecionists is largely why im looking into this, but who knows what kind of fun i can have with my mod if i really figure out things