Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Olympics Rio 2016

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Summer Olympics Rio 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Påsan View Post
    Im biased to hell and back, but out of intrests, which Olymics do you think are most interesting to watch, summer or winter?
    Summer, it has a greater variety of sports and I don't have to watch the Hollanders go completely nuts over winning pretty much every ice skating medal.
    Athletics are generally interesting enough to watch, judo is nice to watch fro me as a former player and I'm glad they've included rugby.
    The winter olympics have quite a few interesting disciplines but the dutch obsession with ice skating kills it a bit for me.

Mongolia wrestling coaches take off most of their clothes after wrestler Ganzorigiin Mandakhnaran lost his bronze medal match
    http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympi...htmlstory.html

So what you guys think of this olympics, overall?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

They were more interesting when there was the "Evil Empire" and East Germany.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    So what you guys think of this olympics, overall?
    I barely watched anything, was on vacation the first week and most main events were at 2/3am. I like sports but I don't care enough for most of these sports (and the nationalistic sentiments) to watch it in the middle of the night.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Watched the womens handball which were our only real shot at anything. Got a bronze and now everyone is getting fired.

Pretty standard olympics as far as they go. Fiji winning Rugby was pretty cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12