Thread: Please help understanding version numbers - do I have the most recent one?

Icon5 Please help understanding version numbers - do I have the most recent one?

Hello, haven't played RS2 for quite some time. I have an non-Steam installation on my computer though. The launching window indicates the following: launcher 1.2.2, RS 2.2b Rev (the b stands here for something I interpret as beta-sign). From the game FAQ I understand that this should be ok. But the game identifies itself as "Ver 1.6" in the Options screen (right upper corner)! And here I see people taking about versions 2.5 and 2.6. Could someone explain if I have the latest version of a really old one... (I've installed it in 2012).

Default Re: Please help understanding version numbers - do I have the most recent one?

Bump, any help?

Default Re: Please help understanding version numbers - do I have the most recent one?

I'm not part of the technical team but it is my understanding that the latest are 2.5 or 2.6 or the roma surrectum 3 beta.
    Make sure your rome is patched to 1.5.

neep's Avatar Tiro

It looks like you've got the latest Rome release - v1.6
    If your RS2 installation is from 2012 then it should run OK but there have been few updates since then.

You might want to download and install the latest rev RSIII (three !) - it has updated graphics (really nice) and the installation process is pretty easy.
    Check out the latest threads and there's a download page provided as a sticky.