Thread: Napoleons allied regiments

Default Napoleons allied regiments

Were napoleons regiments that were from Poland, Italy etc organized the same way as French Regiments?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Napoleons allied regiments

In theory yes most of the time. And often allied factions (like Hessen, Bavaria, etc) reorganized their army based on the French model, introducing for example line infantry regiment with Grenadier, Fusilier, Voltigeur...
    However, the name could be adapted to local language, and sometimes there were missing units. Croats for example were organized as light infantry, with Carabiniers, Chasseurs, Voltigeurs, and so had no grenadier.

Thanks for the answer pal

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    In theory yes most of the time. And often allied factions (like Hessen, Bavaria, etc) reorganized their army based on the French model, introducing for example line infantry regiment with Grenadier, Fusilier, Voltigeur...
    However, the name could be adapted to local language, and sometimes there were missing units. Croats for example were organized as light infantry, with Carabiniers, Chasseurs, Voltigeurs, and so had no grenadier.
    Hi Steph, that gets pretty complicated. Is there a reference for recommended reading on this?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by ordoprinceps View Post
    Hi Steph, that gets pretty complicated. Is there a reference for recommended reading on this?
    Nice to hear from you again!

Try my threads on Regimental names:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=408864 France
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436889 Minor States/Nations - so far : Baden, Bavaria, Grand Duchy of Berg, Brunswick, Hesse-Darmstadt, Hessen-Kassel, Kingdom of Italy, Kingdom of Naples, Oldenburg,Sardinia, Saxony, Two Sicilies, Duchy of Warsaw, Westphalia& Wurttemberg
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

PofE, Hello my friend! I hope you are well. I have started back to playing and minor modding for myself on NTW. Thanks by the way.
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox