Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominion of Men 3.2 Patch Bug Reports

Default Re: Dominion of Men 3.2 Patch Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Yes, didn't work (well, one battle worked, but then it was back to "normal").
    Have you checked to see that your settings ave not reset themselves to 32bit? I find this game can have a mind of its own.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

But why do I experience them? Haven't tinkered with the install since playing 3.0, and trolls worked just fine back then. I did, however, patch directly to 3.2 without installing 3.1 first. Weird...
    It's a very weird bug in general. We haven't been able to pin it down to a single cause, and we've tested changing literally everything related to the unit that is moddable. The only reliable way to prevent it in all cases is to just not have the units, but we don't want that.

I always had this problems since the beta of 3.0 in 3 different computer . It is a bit of a problem when i start playing as elves or RK cause either i go full on auto result in those battles or play them again and again and again till not crash or avoid them altogether .

Maybe this has been brought up before, but there's something very wrong with population growth in Michel Delving after it's converted to a Mannish settlement (wrested it from Adunabar's grasp, but came too late to save the Hobbits ). After taking the settlement, pop growth was at plus (!) 5.5% without an intact government in place, not even pacification. As a result, it had some 20k inhabitants. Also, I couldn't find the settlement's internal name (tried to solve the issue by reducing the population via cheat code).

P.S could it have anything to do with the city model not properly changing from Hobbit (Mayor's Holes or something like that) to Dúnedanic (Lord's Palace)? I noticed that, too. With Westmarch, it was normal.

Only Michel Delving? That's interesting - I remember people reporting that the Shire in general was getting overpopulated and generating too much income in the player's hands. I don't think anyone was able to nail down the cause.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Quote Originally Posted by CountMRVHS View Post
    Only Michel Delving? That's interesting - I remember people reporting that the Shire in general was getting overpopulated and generating too much income in the player's hands. I don't think anyone was able to nail down the cause.
    Well, at least I'm pretty sure it's not the human player, but the Mannish settlement that seems to be the root cause, possibly something to do with the model (see above, Town Hole not changing into Lord's Palace). Had a look at the development aspect of the population growth (the house symbols) and it's twice as high as in a normal province.
    Bucklebury worked normally but then again, that province wasn't converted to Mannish.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

I'll have a look into it. IIRC we have received similar reports before, but the shire is conquered so rarely (especially by the player) that it doesn't often crop up. Nonetheless, I will fix it if I can.

Well, at least I'm pretty sure it's not the human player, but the Mannish settlement that seems to be the root cause, possibly something to do with the model (see above, Town Hole not changing into Lord's Palace). Had a look at the development aspect of the population growth (the house symbols) and it's twice as high as in a normal province.
    Bucklebury worked normally but then again, that province wasn't converted to Mannish.
    That sounds to me like the game is counting both "racial" projects, rather than replacing one with the other. Probably a single line of text not being read by the game somewhere.

You say both the other Shire provinces are working properly, correct? Has anybody tried converting all the other non-Mannish settlements to see if this problem exists anywhere else on the map?

webba84's Avatar Artifex

It doesn't exist in OiE, or any of the Orc holds that I've converted (most of the southern ones), seems to be isolated just to the shire.

Never had the problem with Orc holds. IIRC I've converted all of them at one point or another, except for one or two of the northernmost ones. Bucklebury wasn't converted, but I can test that via cheat code.
    edit: seems like Bucklebury has the same bug. Also no change of city model.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Thanks for the testing athanaric, will see what I can find in edb - hopefully it will just be 1 or 2 lines of code that need fixing.

A save with all non-Mannish lands converted to Mannish. I did not bother with the petty provinces. They all have mannish dominion building in place as well. Is Michel Delving supposed to have that much land tax?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wambat; January 21, 2017 at 02:06 AM.

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Thanks Wambat, will look at presently.

Vulpex's Avatar Civis

No one grows old...

...if they are elves or dwarves, apart starting characters. Seems FMs depart when reaching seasoned age. Suspected assasinations, had scouts in settlements, so should have seen some announcements or effect. I finished Khand campaign (rather hard time there) and had lots of senior citizens in payrolls.
    Bit mystifying issue.
    Some CTDs when playing long and trolls. Trolls seemed to be more friendly without shadows and all anti-aliasing things off from card controll panel. Random performance there, might work all well with another machine.
    All in all excellent mod, which has gotten improved with new versions.

Hey I am experiencing crashes.There is nothing particular about them.It crashes anytime.There arent any trolls.Nee help cant keep replaying turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar16 View Post
    Hey I am experiencing crashes.There is nothing particular about them.It crashes anytime.There arent any trolls.Nee help cant keep replaying turns.
    Have you tried setting graphics to 16bit? Also, I recommend saving frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wambat View Post
    Have you tried setting graphics to 16bit? Also, I recommend saving frequently.
    Wellwilltry.

It would be good to know some more about your system. What version of Windows, for example; graphics card; etc.

Do the crashes occur during battles or on the campaign map? Do they occur during the AI turn? After sieges? How frequently?

Vulpex, the age issue sounds like it's working as intended. Elves and Dwarves shouldn't age at the same rate as humans, but RTW can't distinguish between Elven and Mannish characters. So we needed to hide the numeric ages of all characters and add the age-trait system. If Elves and Dwarves got 'seasoned' and 'old' like human characters, it would be obvious that they're actually (as per the game mechanics of RTW) aging at the same rate as everyone else. This is sort of a second-best solution: Elves & Dwarves avoid the old-age traits (and thus the penalties), and we can handwave the process by which they "die".

I don't know which turn I am but it says : FO 376
    Playing with Tharbad, every time I end turn when Empire of Harad or Cheifdom of Rhun comes on, the game crashes. I had no crashes previously, whatsoever. Playing the 3.2 patch version on the Steam ver. of BI and my OS is Windows 8.1 Pro.

That's my saved game.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: rar 4.rar (549.0 KB, 0 views)
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; July 19, 2017 at 05:58 AM.

Sometimes crashes occur on the AI turn as the result of a rebellion in an AI settlement (IIRC). 376 is only around 40 turns in, though, so it seems a bit too early for that sort of thing to start happening. (I remember people running into an issue like that ~400 or so, but not always.)

I'll try to get some time to look at your save. In the meantime, I wonder if you could turn off Fog of War and cruise around the Harad & Rhun parts of the map to see what's happening - settlements with low public order, or sieges about to conclude, that sort of thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast