Thread: Custom graphics for MTW1 from 3d models

Default Custom graphics for MTW1 from 3d models

Hey there, i wanted to try my hand at making buildings in Blender. Horse Farmer for the Orthodox factions seemed like a good choice and this is what i got so far:

I still have to figure the correct lighting setup and the Russian textures are hard to reproduce, compared to a generic mediterranean style with white walls and red roof.

Default Re: Custom graphics for MTW1 from 3d models

Hm it won't show the imgur image, well that's the link http://imgur.com/gallery/Vh8Vh3u

Oh i had to post this link
    Can a mod edit the topic? Because i don't see how to edit and delete my posts?

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Not bad...

Personally, I would probably blur it up somewhat (da house, to better blend in with the other stuff. Not too much thou) - the roof in particular. And I assume you will do a full set on the stable-buildings. Is it 4 or 5 in total? I don't remember (Redux got 5, I remember that much). Anyhow, the general idea is good I think, and hopefully you will manage to do a full set, and much more beyond that in this "orthodox"-style for Russian & Byzantine factions. MTW could use it, no doubt. Maybe the workshop-buildings too? The game should be able to support it. Just forwarding some further ideas here for you to consider....

- A

Thank you Axalon! I plan to make all 4 stages and if these go well i thought about muslim workshops too.

I changed the rotation a bit to match the old ones and i worked on the Horse Breeder:

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Well, I like the change you made... (Maybe a slightly/tad darker roof - to match the image next to it)? It all brings more consistency with the other things in the game. I also like the other new orthodox-horse-building you made there. I am all for you finishing up and make the full set of horse-buildings. Some damn people out there will be happy for it, of that you can be sure. Maybe them workshops too, huh? Diversify/"culturize" them too somewhat, as CA did not bother too back in the day...

Btw, have some 'ol shiny fluff on me (for attempting this stuff, and it needs to be encouraged!)...

- A

Oh thank you!

I made the 4 stages, but i'm not sure if they look that good in game.

These buildings worked well actually, i released a mod that include them and some other graphics, you can find more info here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...s-and-graphics