Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

Default Re: Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

Quote Originally Posted by Karnil Vark Khaitan View Post
    Not just Black library (which is canon, even if it contradicts), but there are female mentioned in the books.

Funny thing happen in my last campaign with vampire count, I bought 1 vampire and her name was Genevieve, so I think CA has those names in the DB.
    I was a little bit taken aback to see Mannfred instead of Vlad and Isabella. It's one of my very few complaints about the game.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Now that two DLCs are released, did they add any female Legendary Lords or units?

Quote Originally Posted by Kassandros View Post
    I was a little bit taken aback to see Mannfred instead of Vlad and Isabella. It's one of my very few complaints about the game.
    Well guess what hero and lord I group up a lot ^^
    But Sadly they both died long time ago, so are out of the timeline.
    I really liked the story of those two, they did truly love each other.
    I do hope for a Vampire Wars mini campaign ^^

My favourite Female in warhammer, is Hellebron from sundering, loved how they explained Brides of Khaine, "Its more of a show".

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Well guess what hero and lord I group up a lot ^^
    But Sadly they both died long time ago, so are out of the timeline.
    I really liked the story of those two, they did truly love each other.
    I do hope for a Vampire Wars mini campaign ^^

My favourite Female in warhammer, is Hellebron from sundering, loved how they explained Brides of Khaine, "Its more of a show".
    They're very much alive during the time period the game represents (namely, Archaon's final invasion of the Old World), although Isabella is, admittedly, fighting against Vlad.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

They're very much alive during the time period the game represents (namely, Archaon's final invasion of the Old World), although Isabella is, admittedly, fighting against Vlad.
    CA themselves said that this period in the game is not the end times
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Vlad and Isabella are not alive right now. Mannfred made sure.....
    Other than that Alarielle and Morathi are going to be in as female leaders. As for units there are several dark elf units but i doubt we re going to see a hybrid mix of males and females in single units as the wood elves do

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by drillmaster; August 01, 2016 at 06:20 AM.

Yeah again it is sadly the end era you are talking about, which should not be named.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    CA themselves said that this period in the game is not the end times
    Karl Franz's ascendancy is in 2502 and the End Times begin 19 years later. Oh, and then Archaon arrives xD They can say what they want, it's the End Times.

Either way, I would have also liked to see Arkhan... much more so than Heinrich Kemmler, blech.

But yeah the current playable faction is not famed for having female characters, expect for Vampire count"S".
    But Wissenland is suppose to have a female elector count, the Emmanuelle von Liebwitz
    But you can check out the list here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...asy_characters
    Guess I won't hold my breath in hoping future DLCs will introduce female characters then
    CA/Sega would rather invent a generic non-canon "Eben" than have a lore-accurate female faction lord

(unless it can be proven that "Eben Von Liebewitz" exists in GW's canon)

Karl Franz's ascendancy is in 2502 and the End Times begin 19 years later. Oh, and then Archaon arrives xD They can say what they want, it's the End Times.

Either way, I would have also liked to see Arkhan... much more so than Heinrich Kemmler, blech.
    Well If they add Arkhan, he should be his own faction with his own goal, serving his master.....
    Quote Originally Posted by oahgneg View Post
    Guess I won't hold my breath in hoping future DLCs will introduce female characters then
    CA/Sega would rather invent a generic non-canon "Eben" than have a lore-accurate female faction lord

(unless it can be proven that "Eben Von Liebewitz" exists in GW's canon)
    Well I know a few things about the how the game works, and it is possible to have a female faction leader.
    And nope Eben is made up, I hope CA fix that one day, maybe the same day they make elector counts playable.

Well If they add Arkhan, he should be his own faction with his own goal, serving his master.....
    No way, the whole reason the End Times were hilarious was because Captain Mannfred "I'm My Own Man" von Carstein was working for Nagash the entire time. He was just too stupid (or self-involved) to know it. Arkhan remarks on it over and over again throughout the books, while they're working together.

No way, the whole reason the End Times were hilarious was because Captain Mannfred "I'm My Own Man" von Carstein was working for Nagash the entire time. He was just too stupid (or self-involved) to know it. Arkhan remarks on it over and over again throughout the books, while they're working together.
    Yeah I know, but the end times was just so poorly made, it had a some what good start.

But I really what to see Arkhan and Nagash as their own undead faction, I mean Nagash is to powerful to be a start hero and should pop up later in the game.

I guess if they are the half nude female dark elves there will be complaints about wh is sexist because of their Outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlodwig I. View Post
    I guess if they are the half nude female dark elves there will be complaints about wh is sexist because of their Outfit.
    Uhhh I could write a rapport on that one.... So I shall.
    Your are clearly talking about witch elves.

It is a two side coin if you think what time they were made (Heavy metal era and so on) but let us ignore that.

The Origin of these cult of Khaine dates back before the divide, before the elves saw themselves as Druchii og Asur.
    At that time most warrior took part of sacrifices to Khaine, and both gender was part of it.
    The ritual was having a bound captive to cut open and drink its blood, and sacrifice its different things to Khaine.
    It was done then ever they felt like it, or before a battle began.
    It was Hellebron and her sister who took it a step further, instead of trying to please Khaine with a harmless victim, why not do it in the middle of a battle.
    It evolved into becoming more of a show of elegant superiority, and skippy outfit to please Khaine and the viewer.
    But that also meant that the males of those cults died out quick.
    So down the line the old cult of Khaine changed until it became what it is today.

Or If we are talking about Sorceress.....

Well it is a whole other story.
    The reason is because the Dark Art they are using is slowly consuming them, so they value their beauty while they have it.
    It is like normal life, expect in this case it is a elf expiring it so they turn it up a notch.
    It is a short life but they can get powerful of it, and some do get far so it is just another reason to boast about it.
    And they are more or less dead inside....

Hope it clears it abit up ^^
    Personally I like Executioners.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Way too much edits I had to do, just to remove off-topic personal remarks and other disruptive stuff. This is not good, especially after another moderation warning. For sure this is not the place to rise sexist issues, nor is allowed to address the poster and not the post: this is a very old rule, but it seems like that someone always forgets it, even if they are long term members here.

Also, this has clearly tuned into a lore discussion thread, hence I'll move it to the proper forum.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

They'll probably make some sort of Women Warriors DLC like they did with Rome2, only featuring Lords/ Heroes.

But of all the playable factions to date, only like Vampire Counts has any named female characters from the fluff. They'd have to release DLC factions like Elves or Kislev that have prominent female characters. That won't be a surprise
    Last edited by Flinn; August 03, 2016 at 03:57 AM. Reason: off topic comments removed

Uhhh I could write a rapport on that one.... So I shall.
    Your are clearly talking about witch elves.

yeah i was thinking of the witch elves... didn't remember the name

Quote Originally Posted by r3dshift View Post
    No offense, Irella, but what's up with you and your obsession with female characters in TW games?
    I believe everyone should get a leader/character they can idenfity as, even a little bit. This is an empire-building game, and immersion is a super important part of it. I'd much rather play as someone my gender. It might sound shallow but it's just the way I feel, and I'm sure I'm not the only one
    In my opinion Warhammer TW, just like all of the previous Total War games, ignores women and the role they play(ed) in the historical/fantasy settings.
    It doesn't hurt to ask/remind about this from time to time.

I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier to any of the posts but I was away, and only just caught up on them. Thanks for moderating this thread and for all the replies. I think the game would be overall better with a little bit more women's representation

I was really hoping for a female Vampire legendary lord ; n ;
    Last edited by Irelia; August 10, 2016 at 12:08 PM.

We might get some in the future, the issue is whether any already exist in the fiction (either as models on the tabletop or, like the Regiments of Renown that they recently announced, taken from novels) or not. I don't see CA making their own characters from scratch without GW's approval (and whether they do that or not is anyone's guess).

I can't speak for the novels, but there are very few named female characters in the entirety of the tabletop game. There are some named female Heroes for the Wood Elves, for instance, but no named female Lords. The first female Legendary Lords we're likely to see are going to be for the High and Dark Elves in one of the future TW Warhammer titles - the High Elves have Alarielle the Radiant while the Dark Elves have Morathi the Hag Sorceress and Crone Hellebron as female named Lords (as well as the former's unnamed, generic Lord equivalent; the Supreme Sorceress).

Bretonnia could also get one in the form of the Fay Enchantress - I'm not familiar with the fiction on her, though, I just know that she's a named Lord character for Bretonnia in the tabletop like all the other Legendary Lords.

Most of the other factions are set up that it's a miracle if any of their females are on the battlefield, let alone rise to a position of power that would qualify them for being a Legendary Lord:
    • Beastmen and Skaven have a severe case of sexual dimorphism in their species. Beastman females are incredibly meek and docile, far more than any human, making it practically impossible to train them for combat (they're more likely to simply break-down psychologically or just get physically broken from the training). Skaven females are more akin to... well, have you played Dragon Age? You know the Broodmother in that, for the Darkspawn? Well, imagine a larger, rodent-like version of that whose sole purpose is to breed more Skaven. I don't think they can even move under their own power, let alone serve any battlefield purpose.
    • Lizardmen... I got no idea to be honest; either the females are so similar to the males as to not matter (at least as far as our human sensibilities go) or they're in a similar case to the Beastmen and Skaven where the females of the species' are totally unsuited to combat from a physiological standpoint.
    • Dwarfs have birth rates so low that they can't afford to risk a woman on the battlefield. Although even were that not an issue, I expect their severe and near-pathological adherence to tradition would keep the armies all-male.
    • Elves of all kinds are pretty equal-opportunity, but like I mentioned before, Games Workshop never wrote too many female characters for them so CA would have to trawl through the novels or make new ones up whole-cloth (which GW may not let them do, depending on the particular licensing agreements).
    • Daemons of Chaos... can you really say manifested beings formed from ambient mortal emotions even have a gender? I think the only reason Daemonettes appear female is purely because they're more likely to run into a man.
    • Ogre Kingdoms are something someone else is going to have to explain; not too familiar with them, myself.
    • Greenskins don't even have females. Technically, they don't have males either; they're all grown from fungus.
    • Warriors of Chaos have Valkia the Bloody who fits the bill pretty well, just depends on whether CA implement her or not and, if so, when.
    • Tomb Kings have High Queen Khalida who could end up serving quite well as a Legendary Lord from a gameplay standpoint (Settra the Imperishable's a shoe-in for being an LL when the Tomb Kings get added, the same way Franz was for the Empire, and he sounds like a bit of a melee/caster hybrid, while Khalida's tabletop incarnation can do quite well at supporting an archer-heavy army - if those are reflected in Total War, they'd offer a nice contrast from each other).

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Lizardmen are genderless. They spawn from spawning pools fully grown or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Non-High Elves all are egalitarian races when it comes to gender.

That does not mean "female only units" (though DE have that), but rank-and-file being unisex.

Actually... now that I think of it, Vampire Counts were unisex from the get go - they raise all corpses, without distinction of gender. So yeah, we had one all along.
    I'm pretty sure there are female zombies or at least raised dead women in the zombies unit. I have no idea about Warhammer lore but I suppose since the VCs seem to raise their dead primarily from empire armies or just generally human provinces, you would not really see that many females outside of zombies. Besides that, most of the rank and file of undead armies are skeletons so you might not be able to tell the difference to begin with but since the armies of undead are supposed to be raised warriors and all that who remember how to fight because they were warriors in life, so as long as they do that, it doesn't really matter what gender they are. I guess a skeleton is as strong as any other skeleton, whether it is/was male or female.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast